Find More Posts by Andrew Campbell
Trader Rating: 41
United States, PA, Berwyn
Joined Feb 2015
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
Discussion
Masteraptor88 Sold Me a Warped, “Like-New” DA120 with, “One Gallon” Through It

I recently bought a, “Like New” DA120 for $900.00 from Masteraptor88. I have his real name, phone number, and address in case he scammed anyone else. It was supposedly owned by his dad and they sold it to get out of RC and into bass fishing due to health concerns. The ad said it was, “Like new” with, “One gallon” of fuel through it. It looked clean (on the outside) when I received it. I never started or flew it and it was mailed to Desert Aircraft for a checkup. DA is telling me it has carbon blowback on both pistons, warped cylinders from overheating, needs two new pistons, two new cylinders, new bearings, at a cost of $500.00+. They didn’t find any broken components which would have caused overheating and said that overheating in and of itself is not covered under warranty. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

I reached out to the seller and he’s sticking with his story that he has one...maybe one and a half gallons of fuel through it, that it ran fine, and denies the heat damage is his fault.

I left negative feedback for him and saw someone else left negative feedback for faulty servos he sold. What a guy! He won’t take a return, won’t pay for half the repairs...nothing. It looked good on the outside but the inside it was a wreck. He probably ran it without oil at some point or used a low grade oil like Amsoil. Beware of these, “One gallon” engines. I’m closing this thread down to avoid a troll pulpit but feel free to PM if you know anything further
Andrew Campbell is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Campbell
Last edited by Andrew Campbell; 05-05-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-02-2019, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Trader Rating: 21
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2014
534 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
You need to contact PayPal. They will take care of you
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old 05-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Find More Posts by LaserGuy91
Trader Rating: 0
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Apr 2019
1 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
He sold me some 7950 servos that every one of them have to be sent in to Hitec to be repaired.
LaserGuy91 is offline Find More Posts by LaserGuy91
Old 05-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Trader Rating: 24
United States, IA, Iowa City
Joined Oct 2015
1,113 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
What a shame
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz