logo
Old 07-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by zoidman
Nazareth, Pa. USA
Joined May 2008
21 Posts
Re: imac rule ?

Hey John, whats up. I know how you feel about supporting your guys up there. But I can remember a few of the guys from down here supporting your contests as well. I know that we attendind both your contests as well. I just want to know why I haven't seen this

other contest posted on the IMAC site. Doesn't make sense to me, even if our date was changed. Ours was posted a long time ago so it shouldn't matter. The only other contest I have seen posted for that date was Canada. And I agree with Albert, it stinks that it could affect our attendance. Something has to be done
zoidman is offline Find More Posts by zoidman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by high alpha
United States, NJ, Long Branch
Joined Jan 2006
537 Posts

I feel bad for bringing this up,but add regional finals and a judging school to the list while we are on it.
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha
Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by as722
Pennsyvania
Joined Jan 2006
1,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedWing172 View Post
Dang man, I would have to take you up on that if I didn't have a previous engagement.

Hey Albert since Pride won't be there to fly your plane I'll be more than happy to fill in for him. And I promise no snaps on takeoff.
Stan

You can fly my plane any time. If you would have been flying my plane in DE it woudn't have let you snap him, he's a good boy. lol

Albert
as722 is offline Find More Posts by as722
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheEdge View Post
John, is overnight camping allowed at the CT contest field? I'm not sure if I want to get a hotel or pull the camper up.
Yes Mark, you can camp and bring a camper if you would like. There is Room. I think a couple other guys are going to use tents as well.
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidman View Post
Hey John, whats up. I know how you feel about supporting your guys up there. But I can remember a few of the guys from down here supporting your contests as well. I know that we attendind both your contests as well. I just want to know why I haven't seen this

other contest posted on the IMAC site. Doesn't make sense to me, even if our date was changed. Ours was posted a long time ago so it shouldn't matter. The only other contest I have seen posted for that date was Canada. And I agree with Albert, it stinks that it could affect our attendance. Something has to be done
I hear ya man. It kills me no to be able to make it down for your contest. I had already committed to the Maine event early in the season, before your change of dates. Similar to what happened with me and the VT/Hamburg contests. I had already comitted to Hamburg before I knew the date for VT. You know I would be there otherwise. LVRCS is a great contest, and has been awsome the last two years I was there. You know how much I appreciated you and Justin coming to both of my CT contests last year when most of the usual crowd did not. If I could, I would be there, you know that.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by zoidman
Nazareth, Pa. USA
Joined May 2008
21 Posts

Hey John, I know what your saying. I just don't know what is going on with the northeast. We really got to do something about this. This kind of thing should never happen, and hopefully in the future it won't. I'm sure we will be able to take care of this problem
zoidman is offline Find More Posts by zoidman
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

Here in the SW our regional director posted a psuedo schedule (based on last years contests) at the beginning of the year. All the spots said unconfirmed until the CD emailed/called or sent in the actual Sanction forms.

This kept our conflicts from happening and gave us the opportunity to put some free weekends between events as well.

Maybe have your RD call/email the SW RD for some ideas to improve next year.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by The Dirt Doctor
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Nov 2006
2,394 Posts

Someone mentioned that they received an AMA sanction for the allegded contest on the same weekend and wondered about the mile limit. In a similar situation several years ago, I called AMA to find out what the story was on our IMAC contests in a situation when a contest in one region is close to another region (i.e. less that the mile limit) and both regions had an IMAC contest on the same weekend. AMA stated that IMAC could do what we wanted as we are a special interest group (SIG) not associated with the "AMA aerobatic SIG" which is what the mile limit in the AMA rule book was intended to address (i.e we are different SIGs)! Bottom line is that as far as AMA is concerned each SIG is separate and has nothing to do with another SIG so a mile limit in the "AMA aerobatic SIG" has nothing to do with the IMAC SIG. The same is true for a fun-fly, fly-in or IMAA meet. with respect to AMA.

Bobby aka TDD
The Dirt Doctor is offline Find More Posts by The Dirt Doctor
Old 07-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by pcastine
Approaching critical AoA...
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Sep 2006
1,495 Posts

Guys, the fact remains that IMAC is a 100% volunteer organization. Nothing will get done by complaining; people need to step up to the plate and volunteer their time and efforts to get stuff done. I know of several guys who are really committed to IMAC in the NE region and have done a lot in the absence of formal leadership; my hope for you guys in the NE is that they will step up with the elections coming next year, and you can install some quality leadership for the region. (Albert? John? Trent? There are several others...) I was the assistant NERD for a couple years before I moved - it's a time consuming job when the NERD is absent!
pcastine is offline Find More Posts by pcastine
Old 07-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

I agree with all the points made in here so far. I understand it's a voluntary thing and maybe Joe just does not have the time or even burned out a bit and that's fine.

We are actually also into 2 competitions over the course of 2 weekends. This weeklend was LVRCS and CAPI next weekend and for me, I'm like Tank, and right in the middle of both. For me this weekend was what seems like a typical thing for me this year. I plan for the contest, something comes up that keeps me from getting there before the first round so I show up anyway and spend the weekend judging. I'm planning on CAPI and things look good so far but my point is for a lot of people I talked too this weekend at LVRCS, especially the guys from my area and in Delaware, they had to chose between LVRCS and CAPI.

So how do we "fix" this, someone needs to step up and do whatever it takes to become the NE RD. I would galdly do it as my originational skills are pretty good but I have no clue what it takes to get the RD position and the stuff that goes on in the back end.

BTW, Hey Tank, Dave Getz told me this morning he spoke to you Saturday night (I think) and he said you were asking about me and if I was LVRCS, anything I can help ya with???
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastine View Post
Guys, the fact remains that IMAC is a 100% volunteer organization. Nothing will get done by complaining; people need to step up to the plate and volunteer their time and efforts to get stuff done. I know of several guys who are really committed to IMAC in the NE region and have done a lot in the absence of formal leadership; my hope for you guys in the NE is that they will step up with the elections coming next year, and you can install some quality leadership for the region. (Albert? John? Trent? There are several others...) I was the assistant NERD for a couple years before I moved - it's a time consuming job when the NERD is absent!
definetly Pete. A couple of us have been talking about that. There will be some changes in 09 i believe. As for our regional championships, we discussed it at length this past weekend, I think I may try to set something up right in the middle of our region for us this year if I can arrange a field.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagates View Post
BTW, Hey Tank, Dave Getz told me this morning he spoke to you Saturday night (I think) and he said you were asking about me and if I was LVRCS, anything I can help ya with???
PM Sent
Old 07-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
PM Sent
Replied too...
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 07-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by whaturi
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Aug 2006
1,167 Posts

I would love to have the chance to go to a regional contest.
whaturi is offline Find More Posts by whaturi
Old 07-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by high alpha
United States, NJ, Long Branch
Joined Jan 2006
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaturi View Post
I would love to have the chance to go to a regional contest.
Same here.Seems like we are the only region that doesn't have one.I would be all for helping out trying to make a difference.
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha

Quick Reply