Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Find More Posts by gargajm
Watervliet,Michigan,U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2006
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetguy27 View Post
WHY???
As the owner of the plane in post#139 I would love to have someone do the plane in eather Aero Fly or Real flight. I use both.
gargajm is offline Find More Posts by gargajm
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by toc pilot
Tucson, Az.
Joined Jan 2006
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargajm View Post
As the owner of the plane in post#139 I would love to have someone do the plane in eather Aero Fly or Real flight. I use both.
Trumpetguy will do you proud! He is a master when it comes to setting up files for Real Flight. You will swear you are flying the real airplane right on your computer.

It is especially cool when he does a model with your own scheme! I cant wait! I will download this version!!

toc pilot is offline Find More Posts by toc pilot
Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by trumpetguy27
Doo It! Doo It!
Westminster, MD
Joined Jan 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toc pilot View Post
Trumpetguy will do you proud! He is a master when it comes to setting up files for Real Flight. You will swear you are flying the real airplane right on your computer.

It is especially cool when he does a model with your own scheme! I cant wait! I will download this version!!

Thanks for the "endorsement" Bill! Glad you've liked stuff I've done for ya before! I'll start on this one. Might take me a bit but I'll let you all know how it's going.
trumpetguy27 is offline Find More Posts by trumpetguy27
Old 03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by spidernad
I'd rather be flying!
Cinnaminson, New Jersey USA
Joined Dec 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
gargajm, did you order it that way or buy it ready to cover or?
spidernad is offline Find More Posts by spidernad
Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
3D Farmer 4 Life
United States, NC, Elm City
Joined Jun 2010
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the "endorsement" Bill! Glad you've liked stuff I've done for ya before! I'll start on this one. Might take me a bit but I'll let you all know how it's going.

If you did the first 50% BH edge on RealFlight you're a frigging master. If it really flies like that I'll sell all my other planes and buy one! It's basically all I play with on there.
GravyGoodness is offline Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by Gordyd4
Can't hover worth of ****
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Jan 2006
107 Posts
How does one get a hold of Hempel? I could not find a phone number on his web site, so emailed him.......no response, I see he posted here though.
Gordyd4 is offline Find More Posts by Gordyd4
Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by Mike Busutil
We like to watch....
Yuma Arizona
Joined Mar 2008
2,662 Posts
520-275-4418
Mike Busutil is offline Find More Posts by Mike Busutil
Old 03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by Gordyd4
Can't hover worth of ****
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Jan 2006
107 Posts
Thanks!
Gordyd4 is offline Find More Posts by Gordyd4
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Feb 2006
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidernad View Post
gargajm, did you order it that way or buy it ready to cover or?
I ordered it that way from Bill. I put it together last fall and got fourteen flights on it before the snow started flying. I had the first version and it had many flights on it before I decided to sell to get the new version. I can't see my self without one. I'm not sure how much I will get to fly it this season. I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma and now going through chemo. I am hoping to get this behind me and get some flying in.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Find More Posts by trumpetguy27
Doo It! Doo It!
Westminster, MD
Joined Jan 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
I ordered it that way from Bill. I put it together last fall and got fourteen flights on it before the snow started flying. I had the first version and it had many flights on it before I decided to sell to get the new version. I can't see my self without one. I'm not sure how much I will get to fly it this season. I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma and now going through chemo. I am hoping to get this behind me and get some flying in.
Hope the chemo and everything goes well for you so you can get back to flying!!! In the mean time, I will try and get you that color scheme done so you can fly it on your Realflight sim!

One favor if possible... Is there any chance you could get me a pic looking directly at the top of a wing and a stab? That would make getting the scheme right a LOT easier... if not don't worry, I'll get it as close as I can with the pics you've already posted.

Take Care!

Scott
trumpetguy27 is offline Find More Posts by trumpetguy27
Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Joined Feb 2006
233 Posts
Quote:
Hope the chemo and everything goes well for you so you can get back to flying!!! In the mean time, I will try and get you that color scheme done so you can fly it on your Realflight sim!

One favor if possible... Is there any chance you could get me a pic looking directly at the top of a wing and a stab? That would make getting the scheme right a LOT easier... if not don't worry, I'll get it as close as I can with the pics you've already posted.

Take Care!

Scott
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! I am on a tempory computor until my new one gets set up this weekend.
Then I will be able to look for some more pictures. Thank again!!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Joined Dec 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply gargajm. I had 21 flights on my version 1 last year before a tree reached up and grabbed it out of the sky. lol (see pics below) I felt the same way about not having one. I was gonna call it quits but after a week of feeling like my dog got run over by a car (if I had one) I just called Bill and told him to send me Version II. Of course that was financially irresponsible of me since i'm friggin POOR now thanks to our wonderful economy, but at least I've got that plane. lol
Sorry to here about your health issues. Hang in there brother, we need all the giant scale pilots we can get.

Dan
Old 03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by monarocoupe
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidernad View Post
I got my Version II 50% EDGE 540 finished. I made a custom exhaust system for it that looks a lot like the full scale Edge exhaust, exiting on an angle between the landing gear from a single collector pipe. It came out pretty good and I got a chance to take some pics and videos of it.
That does look great, Really scale , nice exhaust
monarocoupe is offline Find More Posts by monarocoupe
Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Joined Dec 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monarocoupe View Post
That does look great, Really scale , nice exhaust
Thanks For the compliment! After all, isn't part of the reason we build these things to get praise from our peers? lol
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Joined Dec 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
I ordered it that way from Bill. I put it together last fall and got fourteen flights on it before the snow started flying.
Any videos of it on youtube or anywhere? I'd love to see it in action.