logo
Old 10-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Find More Posts by Av8tor1
Joined Jan 2019
42 Posts
Av8tor1 is offline Find More Posts by Av8tor1
Last edited by Av8tor1; 10-06-2019 at 03:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-05-2019, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,259 Posts
dang nice set of wings the big yellow bipe is in my future
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old 10-06-2019, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Arlington, TX USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I have been building QQ Design for many years, and have enjoyed all of the them from the Model 12 Kimball Scheme, Python, Beast, and the previous ultimate for me and my style of flying, the Mamba 70! I, and several 1000 of QQ's closest friends, have been asking for the next evolution of the M12, suggesting a larger 120CC version would be awesome. Well it is here now, my prayers have been answered, and my M120 is already on order for an anticipated Late Spring 2020 delivery. A $500 deposit is required. Please contact Flex for details.

I will try to answer some of the questions posted in the forum to the best of my ability, and provide a little more detail following three days of studying the prototype and interrogating QQ, Seth, and Josh at Fall Nall.

First, you can now pre order one of two color schemes (Cub Yellow/Black or Red/Blue). It will come with a light weight tank, and the mounting plate will accommodate (2) side by side, if you choose to use smoke. The prototype is currently flying with Futaba servos, but no servo offering is currently cast in stone. All M120's will arrive hinged, and with control horns installed. It is likely options, such as servos, arms, motor and muffler, spinner, prop, pilot, dash board, wing bags, sun-cover, and Aura Professional will be available separately, or combined in some package configurations.

The M120 can be built with a center mounted pull-pull rudder servo which is ideal for a light DA 120 and CF spinner. A servo cut out is in the tail is also available for those choosing to use a heavier motor and spinner combination, or those who prefer a push-pull option. The prototype uses an aluminum gear, however the kits will arrive with a similarly dimentioned carbon fiber gear. All of the hardware is truly first class with no need to replace. Wheels are supported by aluminum hubs with durable polymer bushings.

Lastly, the cowl is a (2) piece unit, split top and bottom. Motor baffles for a DA 120 are supplied with the kit. You can either use these with a DA 120, use them as templates to fabricate your own, or modify them to suite other engines.

So how big is this bad boy? The fuse, rudder tail to tip of the spinner, is approximately 98" in length, wingspan is about 85", and it stands 31.5" tall. I will post a few additional pictures, and answer any questions from my notes. All the Best, Rich!
What about elevator servos, are they independent? Which Futaba servos were used in the prototype?
Pittsflyboy is offline Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Old 10-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,173 Posts
Provisions for canister exhaust?

Tony
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 10-06-2019, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by ramoin
france
Joined Mar 2006
2 Posts
Possible to install tuned pipes???
Olivier
ramoin is offline Find More Posts by ramoin
Old 10-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by Buck Tracker
Right On!
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
Looks incredible but please ditch the stars on the schemes, looking a lot like an AJ......guys can add graphics but overly complicating a scheme is such a waste IMO
Buck Tracker is offline Find More Posts by Buck Tracker
Old 10-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by Challenger
United States, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2008
78 Posts
M120ís questions

Elevator Servos are mounted inside each airfoil stab with 1 per elevator. If I remember correctly, the prototype uses Futaba A700s providing about a 1000 oz per servo. The linkage is straight on and parallel, ensuring the maximum transfer of torque from servo to elevator throughout the travel range.

Regarding Cans or Pipes-my opinion and not fact, is that the plane configuration is very similar to the Mamba. I could see where single large can would easily be mounted and fit, but standard dual cans and pipes might make it challenging to reach the lower wing mounting screws. The fuse however is cavernous, and I may be missing other options and plans for pipes. Thanks
Challenger is offline Find More Posts by Challenger
Old 10-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by DCash
Joined Jul 2010
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Tracker View Post
Looks incredible but please ditch the stars on the schemes, looking a lot like an AJ......guys can add graphics but overly complicating a scheme is such a waste IMO
THANK YOU!
DCash is offline Find More Posts by DCash
Old 10-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by Dennis22
United States, CA, Nevada City
Joined Mar 2016
132 Posts
Is wing and inter plane strut attachment similar to the Mamba? Can it be field assembled with out having to tip it on its nose like the old Python or is wing attachment like the Mamba all from the top or through the fuselage

Dennis
Dennis22 is offline Find More Posts by Dennis22
Old 10-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by crosswind
Never hover on an empty tank
Sacramento, California
Joined Nov 2009
474 Posts
I really like the stars....
crosswind is offline Find More Posts by crosswind
Old 10-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Arlington, TX USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Tracker View Post
I agree, no stars.
Pittsflyboy is offline Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Old 10-07-2019, 04:54 PM
Find More Posts by tcazes
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Sep 2018
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis22 View Post
Is wing and inter plane strut attachment similar to the Mamba? Can it be field assembled with out having to tip it on its nose like the old Python or is wing attachment like the Mamba all from the top or through the fuselage

Dennis
the interplane struts use the same push pin design as the m70 and the wings assemble the same with the only exception being that the top wing bolts are on the under side of the wing unlike the m70
tcazes is offline Find More Posts by tcazes
Old 10-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,259 Posts
I like stars and checkers
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old 10-07-2019, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by Av8tor1
Joined Jan 2019
42 Posts
Agreed i would be disappointed if they removed the stars and the checkers.
Av8tor1 is offline Find More Posts by Av8tor1
Old 10-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by Buck Tracker
Right On!
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
Checkers? what am I missing.....

I'm just saying if you removed the stars you will appeal to a larger group of individuals. It costs very little to add graphics and then each RC enthusiast can make the model a little unique and to suit their tastes.
Buck Tracker is offline Find More Posts by Buck Tracker

Quick Reply