logo
This thread is privately moderated by *LoW&SLoW*, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by obriendigital
United States, NE, Ashland
Joined Dec 2008
481 Posts
Re: Need help with saito Please??

I had an inline sullivan "crap trap" trap on my line from the tank to the motor on my FA-82 and thought that was causing my low end to die after about 20 second at idle.

Now with a straight tube from the tank to the engine I am having even more problems! My engine will die immediately when I pull the glow driver off it is less than half throttle stick. It will run with the driver on however at low end. So, I have taken the driver off and set the high end, about 9100 rpm. Then back down to the low end and it dies every time when it hits 5000-6000rpm. I have set the low end needle back to factory settings, nearly flush with the throttle arm, then moved out a quarter turn at a time. I have gotten to at least 4-5 full turns out and no luck. I am running an OS "F" plug. This motor has about 2 gallons of 15% fuel through it. Any ideas?
obriendigital is offline Find More Posts by obriendigital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by *LoW&SLoW*
Joined Aug 2009
9 Posts
Re: Need help with saito Please??

Well i have a couple idea's but i don't know if it will solve ur problem,
How far do you have the tank mounted from the engine?
Does the tank sit alot higher than the carburetor?
Maybe bad fuel?
It sound like you are running real rich, That will cause the motor to die when you remove the glow plug, It might be that your tank is mounted higher than the carb and you can't lean it out, You could always buy a on board glow plugs,
I don't have any luck with satio at all,
*LoW&SLoW* is offline Find More Posts by *LoW&SLoW*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply