Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Discussion
EQ6 Turbo Isolation Mount

Thought I would share this,,, with those that are wanting some extra anti vibration protection for your SF Boards. Its basically some 1/8" lite ply with some foam rubber sandwitched in between held together with Shoo Goo. A quick sand job on the belt sander and WALA! A couple of extra ounces isn t going hurt this Extreme Flight 125" Extra 300 I've been a Helicopter Mechanic since 1982 and I've seen all kinds of vibration iso mounts and figured what the heck I'll make my own
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
Bill, I really like that. I am going to do a copy job. Looks like you used 1/4" foam?

Thanks
Spats is offline Find More Posts by Spats
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by flymedic
Huckin Fire Trucker
United States, AZ, Littlefield
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
VERY nice Bill, that looks way good and I bet it does a magnificent job of reducing vibes. Gives us all a great idea, ive often wondered if I should isolate my ignition module better & that looks like a sweet way to build a mount for it. THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!
flymedic is offline Find More Posts by flymedic
Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
Great Idea, kewl dude !
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envelope Pusher View Post
Bill, I really like that. I am going to do a copy job. Looks like you used 1/4" foam?

Thanks

EP, I used 1/2 foam rubber and Shoo Goo. Its that same foam rubber we all use to wrap our RX'x in,,, back in the day. I put a big glob of that Shoo Goo stuff on lite ply mating surfaces and then used a scrap piece of balsa to spread it out to a nice thin even layer. I then laid it on the bench with some wieght on top of it. Came back to it the next day and glued on the mounting rails with epoxy. Made a few passes on my table top belt sander to get it where you see it as in the pic above.

I was thinking on my next project to use some colored plastic and different colored foam,,, for that "bling" effect

Jeff, Yes it could very easily be done! Then you would have cooling air all around the ignition box like its suppose to have.
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 12-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
EP, I used 1/2 foam rubber and Shoo Goo. Its that same foam rubber we all use to wrap our RX'x in,,, back in the day. I put a big glob of that Shoo Goo stuff on lite ply mating surfaces and then used a scrap piece of balsa to spread it out to a nice thin even layer. I then laid it on the bench with some wieght on top of it. Came back to it the next day and glued on the mounting rails with epoxy. Made a few passes on my table top belt sander to get it where you see it as in the pic above.

I was thinking on my next project to use some colored plastic and different colored foam,,, for that "bling" effect

Jeff, Yes it could very easily be done! Then you would have cooling air all around the ignition box like its suppose to have.
Spats is offline Find More Posts by Spats
Old 12-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by Rpotter90
United States, WA, Deer Park
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Excellent mount! I've been hesitating on installing my EQ-6, and this just motivated me!
Rpotter90 is offline Find More Posts by Rpotter90

Quick Reply