Old 09-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Discussion
Wire Bundling

Robert, should I be concerned with bundling the ignition cutoff wires together with the wires coming off the external ignition battery switch along with the LED wires passing thru the same hole,,, as seen in the pic?

My wire installation is not permanent yet but wanted to make sure before hand

thanks, BV
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
The whole idea of the fiber-optic cable is to get the ignition wiring as far from the radio wiring as possible. The fiber-optic receiver can have its wires intermingled with the ignition wires and nothing will feed back. The fiber-optic receiver wiring will not be affected by the ignition wiring. Hope I answered your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
Robert, should I be concerned with bundling the ignition cutoff wires together with the wires coming off the external ignition battery switch along with the LED wires passing thru the same hole,,, as seen in the pic?

My wire installation is not permanent yet but wanted to make sure before hand

thanks, BV
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 09-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Yes you did. Call me old school but sometimes I still have them ol ignition RFI memories from back when wires got to close to the ignition unit themselves.

thanks!

BV
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
Yes, even 2.4GHz receivers are not immune to ignition noise. In fact, Hitec had a problem with their 2.4GHz receivers and ignition noise when they first came out. First they blamed all ignition kills and then discovered they were having issues in gas planes without kills. They had to mod their firmware and I suspect the hardware at some point. Since the Cutoff fiber-optic receiver is designed to be in the area of the ignition it is designed to be immune to the ignition noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
Yes you did. Call me old school but sometimes I still have them ol ignition RFI memories from back when wires got to close to the ignition unit themselves.

thanks!

BV
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply