logo
Old 06-26-2018, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
I can do all of that with Futaba if I choose to do so, I also have a timer set on my transmitter that starts when the throttle stick is advanced the first time. The Jeti system has a ton of great benefits, it’s just a shame that you are the sole importer.
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-26-2018, 10:06 PM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
I,really enjoyed the random crash video that most likely had nothing to do with radio issues...
Old 06-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Melbourne, FL, USA
Joined May 2007
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
I,really enjoyed the random crash video that most likely had nothing to do with radio issues...
Man you did not get the point of Data logging at all. It's not magic just 2018 technology.
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Old 06-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Melbourne, FL, USA
Joined May 2007
621 Posts
Quote:
I can do all of that with Futaba if I choose to do so, I also have a timer set on my transmitter that starts when the throttle stick is advanced the first time. The Jeti system has a ton of great benefits, it’s just a shame that you are the sole importer.
No you cannot, by the way how is Futaba doing? Did not hear from them for very long time.

Even 18MZ for $3000.00 cannot even get closer to any of this.

Radio System: Telemetry Controls (Automatic Retract) (6 min 13 sec)

Radio System: Telemetry Controls (Motor/Engine Overheating Protection) (3 min 43 sec)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:03 PM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
You are correct, there are some things that Futaba cannot do in regards to telemetry. To be honest though, the telemetry stuff doesn’t interest me that much. I use the rx voltage monitoring and would use the milliamp unit if it was not prohibited from Pattern. Back several years ago I was interested in the Jeti system mainly due to the gimbals. So I tracked down your booth at the Toledo show and checked out your radio. The gimbals were smooth, the technology was cool, but the overall feeling of the radio was just a bit off, with the major issue being the relocation of the trims. With seeing how you conduct yourself on these forums I am so glad I steered clear of doing business with you.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Quote:
You are correct, there are some things that Futaba cannot do in regards to telemetry. To be honest though, the telemetry stuff doesn’t interest me that much. I use the rx voltage monitoring and would use the milliamp unit if it was not prohibited from Pattern. Back several years ago I was interested in the Jeti system mainly due to the gimbals. So I tracked down your booth at the Toledo show and checked out your radio. The gimbals were smooth, the technology was cool, but the overall feeling of the radio was just a bit off, with the major issue being the relocation of the trims. With seeing how you conduct yourself on these forums I am so glad I steered clear of doing business with you.

The radio feel you get used to, I learned and flew most of my life with various metal pizza boxes, I find the transformers movie toy look of most other radios off putting, JR especially. . For a me a TX is a tool needed to perform a job, I want it to have the look and feel of a quality tool that will last a lifetime, not a plastic movie toy for a 5 year old.

Trim position buttons, yeah, odd spot on the DS, better to get to on the bigger DC TXs, never used them once in flight, they get used to set up a plane on the ground, then use Auto Trim in flight which is awesome BTW, , assign a momentary button and then when pressed the stick become the trim buttons, you adjust the trim and then let off the switch and the sticks revert to being normal controls, your fingers never need to once come off the sticks to fully trim the model, handy for models that are a handful on the first flight being way out of trim on more than one axis. In the past I have actually had to get a second person to adjust the trims on some models as there was no way I could take my fingers off the controls for a second. You can also assign the trim buttons to do almost any other function and any other control to become the trim instead, the point of a Jeti radio is you decide what and how the radio does for you, not the radio. Look upon them as momentary butttons in the common trim position, that can be used as such if you want, or alomost anything else you could imagine, not trim buttons acting as a deal breaker.

As for ZB , I guess he knows every time he pisses someone off by typing stupid sh/t he gets free publicity and sells more radios. Sad that someone would act like a retard though.
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 06-28-2018, 12:42 AM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
Languid,

All awesome things there, but you hit the nail on the head in regards to ZB and that is what drives it home for me!
Old 06-28-2018, 04:47 AM
Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Languid,

All awesome things there, but you hit the nail on the head in regards to ZB and that is what drives it home for me!
But you don’t need to contact or deal with ZB. There are other dealers who actually know the system better than him The only thing you might possibly ever need to deal directly with Esprit with would be warranty. And even with that we can deal with them on your behalf.

Danny
AeroPanda.com
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Old 06-28-2018, 04:55 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
But you don’t need to contact or deal with ZB. There are other dealers who actually know the system better than him The only thing you might possibly ever need to deal directly with Esprit with would be warranty. And even with that we can deal with them on your behalf.

Danny
AeroPanda.com
But it all goes through him. So he gets a cut of that business money. I looked at Jeti when I needed a radio at the beginning of this year and moved away really quickly going through JR and Futaba threads. A ton of bashing spam from ZB about Jeti when the discussion was not about Jeti. Get another importer, then maybe I would take a other look. And I never had an issue spending thousands on radio equipment and fun stuff.
jamesrxx951 is online now Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 06-28-2018, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2007
186 Posts
Yes, it all goes through him. Yes, he does get a cut. Yes, this income helps pay the saleries of the people who work for him. Not trying to start a political debate but our countries current mood of extreme views is disheartenly. People will ignor a potential benefit because they don’t approve of one aspect of a persons conduct. I get that you and others don’t like ZB. I’ve known him for almost 20 years and trust me, we have had many arguments. I truly wish he would stay off the forums. But the products he sells are good and the people who work for him are some of the best. If you don’t like the radio ok. I don’t like Toyota’s but if I did I wouldn’t even think about what the guy running the import division said.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Old 06-28-2018, 05:48 AM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Quote:
Yes, it all goes through him. Yes, he does get a cut. Yes, this income helps pay the saleries of the people who work for him. Not trying to start a political debate but our countries current mood of extreme views is disheartenly. People will ignor a potential benefit because they don’t approve of one aspect of a persons conduct. I get that you and others don’t like ZB. I’ve known him for almost 20 years and trust me, we have had many arguments. I truly wish he would stay off the forums. But the products he sells are good and the people who work for him are some of the best. If you don’t like the radio ok. I don’t like Toyota’s but if I did I wouldn’t even think about what the guy running the import division said.

Danny
In my opinion that is a weak comparison. He represents Jeti plain and simple and Jeti needs to clip his wings and get a handle on him.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 06-28-2018, 06:00 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:

Danny
On the other hand, people like myself support companies with our money that also has employees. Some as small as 2 and as many as several hundred. Those companies representatives act with great honor and respect to the RC community. If ZB cared about his employees, then he would act in a manner that treats his prospective customer base well.
jamesrxx951 is online now Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 06-28-2018, 07:03 AM
Find More Posts by machzx
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Mar 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
So it wasn’t a setup issue? Or a configuration issue? Or an equipment failure other than assist? Or pilot error? And nobody crashed on Futaba, or Spektum, or JR or Hitec? I swear I don’t understand these types of posts.
Nope
The gyro kicked the model into low rates
In it went
Happened once pilot thought he did it maybe hit the switch
Second flight happened again but to low to save
machzx is offline Find More Posts by machzx
Old 06-28-2018, 08:01 AM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
I will continue to spend my money on my tried and trusted Futaba equipment! It has worked flawlessly for me for the last three decades!
Old 06-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Melbourne, FL, USA
Joined May 2007
621 Posts
Quote:
The gimbals were smooth, the technology was cool, but the overall feeling of the radio was just a bit off, with the major issue being the relocation of the trims. With seeing how you conduct yourself on these forums I am so glad I steered clear of doing business with you.
Conduct myself? You meant telling exactly how it is. I blame most of the decline in the hobby on companies that decided to stop development and stopped being cool and challenging. But look natural selection works, most of the are gone or fast dissapiering into oblivion. Sad fact is that they took down the rest of us.

Problem with trims? You know that there are million ways (w/Jeti) how to go around trims, simple cross-assignment or auto-trim or assign trims anywhere works with Jeti (but that requires imagination). I use knob P7 for my front steering (yup I can)

Radio System: Digital Trims & Auto-Trim (7 min 56 sec)

Quick Reply