logo
Old 08-28-2019, 09:59 AM
Find More Posts by berry5252
United States, OH, Belpre
Joined Sep 2016
7 Posts
Discussion
receiver instulation

Hay group im working on an Extrema Flight Lazer with a lot of carbon fiber in the electronics compartment and im putting in a Spectrum RA8010T receiver ! With all the CF that COULD effect to signal how should i rout the short antennas one is 3" and other 6" approx it also has the remote receiver with it . Ive got a power distribution board that the 8010 sits on top of and on CG . im at my wits end trying to figure this out ! HELP LOL .
berry5252 is offline Find More Posts by berry5252
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-28-2019, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
584 Posts
Antennas 90 from each other, and a bit away from the carbon. The braces don't have enough surface area to block the signal enough to be an issue. In case of distribution boards, this is why you have extra antennas and remote receiverse for the instances any single antenna is blocked.
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Old 08-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
550 Posts
I would highly recommend running the maximum remote receivers in that plane(you can run 3), and spread them out as much as possible, in areas that have the least amount of structure. I would think if you do this you should be just fine... Check this out...

HorizonHobby.com How To - Antenna Placement When Using Remote Receivers (10 min 51 sec)

The telemetry data will tell you how your installation is performing. By using 3 remote receivers you not only have more redundancy, you'll have more data to compare. That's the best information you can go by... regardless of what I'm saying or anyone else. The data won't lie, and it's more accurate then any of us.

Especially in what might be a questionable c/f environment, learning how to read and follow that data is the ticket. That's why we pay the big bucks for this stuff. Now's the time to learn it and use it.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Old 08-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Find More Posts by berry5252
United States, OH, Belpre
Joined Sep 2016
7 Posts
Thanks KMatch and DGrant for this awesome info !
berry5252 is offline Find More Posts by berry5252

Quick Reply