Old 02-20-2020, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,807 Posts
Help!
Is this a MKS servo issue or normal no load movement

History I have a PAU Edge started flying in Feb 2019, Equipped with JR RG712BX receiver running XBUS Mode B into a Xtreme Power X-24 using two Tattu 5200 mah 2S lipo. Flew perfect for one year, recently I had a issue with the ailerons one servo was not getting signal. Sent the X-24 in for warranty Drew replaced it, he said before I sent it in it had a bad (I forgot if he said capacitor or buffer chip maybe flux capacitor). Setting the plane up today I was checking everything and I have an elevator servo and two or three aileron servos all having issue. I disconnected the control rods to check control throws and this is what I noticed in the video. Choppy movement and jittery movement. On the video I am moving my thumb smoothly at moderate to quick speeds. My thumbs are not that fast to cause a problem. I did this same test on two more planes exact set up but with JR S-8911 servos they move smoothly.
Mks 777a+(2) (0 min 51 sec)
and a second video
Mks 777a+(1) (0 min 35 sec)
Festivus is online now Find More Posts by Festivus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-21-2020, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
I think your reading too deep into it. But I also bought sone BB 50Bs, and read about the problems they had/have. I have flown them, and dont see or feel the issue in the air. Air pressure will neutralize it.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 02-21-2020, 01:16 PM
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,807 Posts
I am also having a problem these servos will not match on a X24 I also switched out one with a servo that did not do this it still failed to match.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Honestly, now I would remove them. Then buy some new servos. I hate saying that. If you havent tried ProModelers, give them a shot. My dad has some 420s, the predecessor to the 470, in a 700 size heli. They absolutely do just fine. I would have no issue outfitting a new airplane with ProModelers.

JR, Savox, Futaba you know all are good.

Ok, heres a question or 2..... have you tried mocking the servo up without extensions and tried to operate it that way? Does it do the same thing?? I have heard of some servo extensions not playing well with MKS servos. I use specifically TDRC extensions or wiring. If Chad doesnt have a size I need, I will use the wire he sells, and make my own extension. I have a ton of servo end kits. Also, have you tried bypassing the X24, and going right to the Rx?? And for curiousity sake, what radio system are you using??
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 02-21-2020, 03:40 PM
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,807 Posts
Honestly I bought 14 of these 777a+ servos 2 years, I had 4 lock up once costing me an airplane. All of them were sent in...I was just curious if other people have had this problem. I have JR and Promodeler servos...its a toss up between the two for me.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:13 AM
Find More Posts by goneflying
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Oct 2007
30 Posts
I had all mks 777A+ servos on my aj slick . 2 of them locked up in flight. 2 others had flutter at full deflection. I have sent them in to Thomas with no response from him , I left messages on his email and phone. Not impressed!
goneflying is offline Find More Posts by goneflying
Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 AM
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,807 Posts
I just realized I did not update this thread, after exhaustive checking and rechecking I discovered it was the extension and it only happened when it was flexed or wiggled just right to cause the issue. So this set of servos is perfectly fine. About a year and half ago Thomas admitted to me they had a batch of servos that had gear train and pot issues. On a different issue with different servo I sent him an email three weeks ago and no response, his customer service is horrible. I decided its not worth chasing a business to give them my money so the servo in question I cut the wires off flush with the case and plan to use it as a drill guide.

Quick Reply