logo
Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Find More Posts by rdgood
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jan 2006
2,059 Posts
Re: NEW MVVS 152CC 80CC 40CC

Hummmm,

3530 grams equates to 7.78 lbs before ignition/muffs.. DA-150 is 7.96 lbs before ignition/muffs - hummmm very interesting.

OK next question is - how much for one of these???

Ronster
rdgood is offline Find More Posts by rdgood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Find More Posts by 3drat
Suspended Account
YEH THERE
Joined Mar 2007
339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
Hmm. . seems odd that you would need to OIL the front bearing. Seems most engines in the US have sealed, and greased, bearings in all 3 positions. Can't see where I'd actually want to have oil floating around in the front of the crankcase. With nowhere for the oil to go, all it would do is sit there and grab contaminants, and keep washing the bearing over and over again with the same nasty stuff, which would steadily get more and more contaminated with all sorts of hard particles and debris. Not my idea of the best way to treat a roller bearing.

Last time I checked (which was today) alternators in cars spin at 2-3 times crankshaft speed (8-15000 rpm) with a belt holding 30-40 pounds of pressure in one direction only. . they are double sealed and greased, not oiled in any way, and they live for many years and 100's of millions of revolutions. Most are a lot smaller than the crank bearings in our engines.

So. . why does MVVS need to supply oil to the front bearing? It just seems contrary to normal practice. Any answers?
the 45 is the only one with the groove in the crank case to supply the oil to the front bearing
the rest are sealed from the info i have,

I will have one as soon as they are avalible & as soon as i no what the rpm & prop size is i will let you guys no.Price will be released very soon,I have been told that the 152 will swing a 32x10 at 6100rpm & have the power of the 170 on the market, all the mvvs motors on the market do have loads of power so im sure these will not be any diffrent.
1st here is my 40% yak 37pounds with a 116 so the 152 in it will be balistic
2nd here is my comp arf yak with a 116 in it & its way to balistic
glen
yak 54 3.1mtr mvvs116 (8 min 28 sec)

yak 55sp bully (9 min 33 sec)
3drat is offline Find More Posts by 3drat
Old 02-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drat View Post
the 45 is the only one with the groove in the crank case to supply the oil to the front bearing
the rest are sealed from the info i have,
ahhhhhhhh. . that helps tremendously. I've looked at some of the pics of their castings and finished products. . very nice stuff.

Wonder how long before they get cloned. .
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 02-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by adrian
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jan 2006
2,931 Posts

ok so we have the answer - the vids are great - i have seen the 116 perform many times and was always impressed by the power - the weight was my only problem - but now i will look at the 150's for sure - i like the innovative carb design and the way the crankcase sorts out the fuel air supply to the cylinders so that you have the temp balanced for each cylinder - nice stuff!!!
adrian is offline Find More Posts by adrian
Old 02-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by 3drat
Suspended Account
YEH THERE
Joined Mar 2007
339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
ahhhhhhhh. . that helps tremendously. I've looked at some of the pics of their castings and finished products. . very nice stuff.

Wonder how long before they get cloned. .
sweet as then.
hey im not sure there u no who has it in them to clone one ,be good to see but lol,
The carby on the 116 152 are a mvvs walbro only there is no way any one can buy them only mvvs can so im told
glen
Old 02-11-2008, 06:26 AM
Find More Posts by 3drat
Suspended Account
YEH THERE
Joined Mar 2007
339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
ok so we have the answer - the vids are great - i have seen the 116 perform many times and was always impressed by the power - the weight was my only problem - but now i will look at the 150's for sure - i like the innovative carb design and the way the crankcase sorts out the fuel air supply to the cylinders so that you have the temp balanced for each cylinder - nice stuff!!!

thanks.yes i have put a temp gun on my 116 many times & they both read the same all the time
65deg most of the time & my 106 was around 76deg on one & 81deg on the other most of the time
glen
Old 01-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Find More Posts by Wheels
Canada, AB, Bowden
Joined Mar 2006
193 Posts

Not trying to be an ass here, really, and maybe I'm missing out on some deep sarcasm but............. who might clone this engine? Only MVVS can get the carbs? What about Evolution Engines guys? Horizon Hobby?
Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Wheels
Old 12-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Find More Posts by Jan Hofman
www.janhofman.wz.cz
Czech Republic
Joined Sep 2009
21 Posts

MVVS 152 IRS Jan Hofman (2 min 40 sec)
Jan Hofman is offline Find More Posts by Jan Hofman
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by pe reivers
The netherlands
Joined Apr 2007
2,235 Posts

Data slowly become available. On MVVS cans, the 152 turns a heavy load prop like 32x10 Xoar approaching 5900 rpm (20 rpm shy) That is approximately 17hp
The extra front lubrication is not for the bearing. It is for the seal which has rubbing contact with the shaft. Rubber has a high friction, and it should be lubricated well. MVVS has tried all solutions, and this is what they liked best.
On the engines without oil nipple, I apply a drop of oil to the seal outside now and then, when I check my prop fitting. Not messy at all, and it keeps the seal working like it should. The engines rock very lightly, proof of non-rubbing seals.
pe reivers is offline Find More Posts by pe reivers
Last edited by pe reivers; 06-17-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by electrocote
Flyin' Around
south africa
Joined Oct 2007
1 Posts
Hi all,how would a mvvs 80 perform in a 36% pilot yak.
electrocote is offline Find More Posts by electrocote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 PM
The netherlands
Joined Apr 2007
2,235 Posts
You mean the 35% Yak by Pilot-RC ?
All 35% kits from Pilot are 100cc engine planes. 80cc is stretching the lower 3D flight limit IMHO, unless you spend the engine a tuned pipe.
Last edited by pe reivers; 04-18-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Looks like I need to re stock up a few engines too. I've quite a few MV's and they are killer motors that can do way more than a comparative cc engine would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgood View Post
Hummmm,
OK next question is - how much for one of these???
Ronster
Not cheap that's for sure. Wouldnt expect it to be either......it would be difficult to find a better engine in its class with regards to performance, reliability and easy starting trouble free service. Specs may say one thing but in reality they don't mean diddly with an MVVS. The power band is right on the money for optimal performance for a bigger prop without wasted energy allowing you to haul a bigger model for any given engine size in their range. Prolly why the resale of these engines is so rare. They're hard to kill.

Way to go MVVS Looking forward to buying a few new ones.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Geo
Find More Posts by Geo
Geo
Flyin' Around
Joined Mar 2009
1 Posts
I have quite a few MVVS motors but MVVS 80 is one is the best single cylinder engines I've ever had. It's very smooth and vibration is even lower than 50cc as many people commented. I would never buy a twin 100cc motor again, no need for it. This 80cc accelerates and runs better than twin cylinder. BTW the table produced by Pe-Reivers on another thread, showing RPM on various props and mufflers is spot on. I was just at the end of running in and had 5,700 rpm on Mejzlik 27x10th on standard side muffler without insert, ie just 100 rpm less than in that table. As rpms weren't sagging I could probably lean the top to get 5,800 rpm as in the table. Friend of mine has only 4 liters of running in fuel through and already runs 6,220 rpm on Mejzlik 27x10th on custom header and MVVS INT80 canister. Another 2 guys in the club bought this motor as it's so good.
Geo is offline Find More Posts by Geo
Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by The Gardener
Metallized™
United States, NJ
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
Same here, I love mine (80cc), With pitts muffler it is so-so in terms of power (5800 27x10TH) but on a pipe- rocket @ 6700.. I am ready to put it in a dragrace against my Mintor 110 any day (given that the mintor is 1kg heavier with exhaust)
The Gardener is offline Find More Posts by The Gardener
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM
The netherlands
Joined Apr 2007
2,235 Posts
Just came back from the Nuernberg toy fair where I had a chat with the new MVVS CEO. This CEO is an active IMAC pilot himself, so knows how the engines should behave in all day turmoil.
Currently they focus the new 175 design on a New Platform, classic lines with the carb located between the two exhaust ports. The carb membranes are now verical. The regulating membrane up front, so a slightly richer mixture is presented to the engine during acceleration and vertical uplines.
Right now the engine is placed in the hands of test pilots to complement the dyno tests that are going on.
Rumor has it, that the engine will also be available with electric bendix type starter.

Quick Reply