logo
This thread is privately moderated by frankle951, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by frankle951
I Love BIG Planes
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Oct 2008
477 Posts
Discussion
AeroWorks 150cc Yak-54 Project

Well, early this year, back in march, about 7 of us went down to the Biggest swap meet on the east coast, in Perry, GA., 1100 table, my first time, I pickup a aeroworks 42% Yak-54, it needed some work, the right wing has damage, and missing the engine cowl, the rest is nice, I pickup other planes, but sold them, so this Yak-54, is going to be my next project, well called AeroWorks, and order a cowl last week, hope to see it this week, I place a ad, for a nice right wing for it, well, two guys got back with me, both have a set of wings and the right color scheme, waiting on pictures, from both guys, you can check out some pics, will show progress on this big bird
frankle951 is offline Find More Posts by frankle951
Last edited by frankle951; 08-16-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Tex
Find More Posts by Tex
Tex
United States, TX, Iowa Park
Joined Aug 2007
2,478 Posts
Frank this will be the best plane you have ever flown........I have a right wing but the wrong scheme...It was damaged from delivery. I came by your field last weekend but you were in Dayton
Tex is offline Find More Posts by Tex
Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Tex
Find More Posts by Tex
Tex
United States, TX, Iowa Park
Joined Aug 2007
2,478 Posts
Here is a video of Kyle flying mine a few years ago
GTRCC 09 Tex Yak (12 min 40 sec)
Tex is offline Find More Posts by Tex
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 AM
I Love BIG Planes
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Oct 2008
477 Posts
Well, since I posted this 42% AW Yak-54, I've order a engine cowl, from AeroWorks, but it came in the wrong color scheme, so call AW and rocco the owner sent me another one out fast, so now I have the right one, going to used the DA 150 off my ,40% Robert Godfrey Extra 300, not flown it this year yet, I will order a DLE 170cc for it this winter, but now I like to get it in the air, by mid Sept., found a club member to rebuild the right wing, for $375.00 complete, now I been trying to come up with a good servo to use, the main wing has 3 servo, most guys been using 2 servo, using 3 servo allow you to use a less of a torque servo, Im thinking about 600 oz per wing is good enough, there are 2 servo per back wing, but Im going to use one high torque I think ?, well, Im on vacation now, but will be back next week, time to get busy on this Big Bird !!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:58 PM
I Love BIG Planes
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Oct 2008
477 Posts
AeroWorks 150cc Yak-54 Project

Well, after talking to three guys that said they had extra wings to sell to me, all fell thru, so I found a club member, that's going to rebuild the right wing, aerowork is asking $450.00 plus shipping for the wing, to high for me, well I order a engine cowl, and aeroworks sent the wrong color scheme, so I sent rocco a email, the owner, and the right color scheme was sent quickly, Thanks to rocco, so now I need to choice a servo, that Im going to use, there are three servo per main wing, or I can use two high torque servo, well, here is some pics of the new engine cowl.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by 3ddave
United States, MN, Eagan
Joined Jun 2008
170 Posts
Frankle 951
I'm also looking for a set of wings same color scheme as yours. You mentioned two guys had responded, I would appreciate contact info on either or both if you don't go that route
Thanks
3ddave
3ddave is offline Find More Posts by 3ddave
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 AM
I Love BIG Planes
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Oct 2008
477 Posts
Only one guy is willing to ship, forgot his name, will send a PM,