logo
Old 04-10-2016, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by Mpsdodge
Joined Jun 2008
2 Posts
About the CG location. The manual states 8.3 to 8.9 in. behind leading edge at root, way behind wing tube. any comments.

Mike
Mpsdodge is offline Find More Posts by Mpsdodge
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Find More Posts by chuck l
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
362 Posts
Mike,

I was concerned about the cg location being so far back and wrote to the designer. This is his response:

"Chuck, the CG is correct in the manual and often confuses folks as they are not used to this style of wing. CG is based on the center of lift and for this wing it is further aft than a typical Clark-Y airfoil. 7.5" will be fine for starters but you may find it to be too nose heavy. Work back slowly to your desired comfort."

I started with a cg somewhere around the 7.5" range and found the plane to be very sensitive, not fun to fly. One day I brought a neighbor who had never seen rc planes fly before. Being frustrated with the plane, I moved the batteries to around 3/4" from the nose of the plane. It was a day and night difference. It became a very stable, smooth flying airplane. The neighbor even was able to notice the difference...it was that noticeable.
chuck l is offline Find More Posts by chuck l
Old 04-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by Salmon
Dayton OH
Joined Jun 2006
666 Posts
Mike, Chuck, are you asking about the 67" Fusion or the newer 70" Fusion?
Salmon is offline Find More Posts by Salmon
Old 04-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by Mpsdodge
Joined Jun 2008
2 Posts
Chuck, 70 in. Fusion.

Mike
Mpsdodge is offline Find More Posts by Mpsdodge
Old 04-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by chuck l
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
362 Posts
Sorry, haven't been here for a while. Mine's the 70". Off topic, but I was out flying the Fusion a couple of days ago. More wind than I had ever flown in before, strong cross winds, but was getting desperate to fly. I have a Cortex gyro in the plane and on landing you could really see it working. Control surfaces moving all over the place, but the plane was fairly steady. Greased the landings.
chuck l is offline Find More Posts by chuck l