logo
Old 05-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I have two 35 percent fitted with the new s-8911 coreless servos and they are fantastic completely blow away the mks they replaced. The new receivers work perfectly just like the for lack of a better description original ones. I am building a 43 percent with the same s-8911 servos and the new eight channel mated for dual receivers
I used to have the original 8911 servos and I absolutely loved them. The only issue was the upper case half but going to a metal half corrected the bushing wear issue. I tried other brands of servos but the 8911's were my favorite servos.
jamesrxx951 is online now Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
266 Posts
Have a question just received XG11-T44. Opened it up and not a good start. The did not come with a SD card and cannot figure out what a JR-SDM2G is and the slot in the radio looks to be too big for normal SD card or I am mistaken. Can someone please help me with name and number of a SD card that will fit. Or even give some direction and a picture please.
Obby1 is online now Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 06-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
3W/ZDZ Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,215 Posts
True, these radios do not come with a SD Card. The JR-SDM2G was a SD card that JR use to sell back in the day. Now a days a trip down to Staples or most electronic sections have the SD Card you need. May also want to consider the SD card reader. This will enable to to hook up to your Home PC and download software upgrades for the TX and erase files on the card that you loaded up on it.
Bill Vargas is online now Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Last edited by Bill Vargas; 06-09-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
266 Posts
Thank you for the help and also on the advice on the reader.
Obby1 is online now Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 06-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by 3daviator
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Jan 2006
1,356 Posts
Glad I read this. After being away from the hobby for a few years while my son raced motorcycles I just went looking for power safe receivers for my DSMX 12x and found only two available thru Spektrum and see there are more discontinued models than available models so that was a little concerning.
I bought a 28x when they first came out and was disappointed with it and sold it w/out ever using it.
I hope JR understands peoples reluctance to jump back on the ship after it sank once and the need to reassure us they are here to stay and come to market with competitive high quality products that they were previously know for.
I'd like to see a bigger line of power safe (or equiv) receivers available down to 7 channels for 30-35cc size gassers, the simplicity of them with a soft switch is pretty hard to beat and I prefer to keep my radio system all mfg components vs. having to buy switches and power distribution set ups from 3rd party mfg's (not that there's anything wrong with that )
Frank:
Can you give us a approx "JR is back in business and here's our website and product line" Date?
3daviator is offline Find More Posts by 3daviator
Old 06-10-2019, 12:46 AM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,485 Posts
Just curious as to what you didn’t like about the 28x? I am a Futaba guy to the absolute core, but if i wasn’t, I would own a 28x!
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 06-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Find More Posts by apriliamille
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2008
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obby1 View Post
Have a question just received XG11-T44. Opened it up and not a good start. The did not come with a SD card and cannot figure out what a JR-SDM2G is and the slot in the radio looks to be too big for normal SD card or I am mistaken. Can someone please help me with name and number of a SD card that will fit. Or even give some direction and a picture please.

I can't remember what brand mine is but I hijacked a full size SD card out of an old camera back when I updated my xg14 back in the day and then moved it to my t44 I'm at work I will try and remember to look when I get home

Edit Bill posted a pic and I didn't see it
apriliamille is offline Find More Posts by apriliamille
Old 06-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by Kevin K
WI
Joined Jun 2007
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3daviator View Post
Glad I read this. After being away from the hobby for a few years while my son raced motorcycles I just went looking for power safe receivers for my DSMX 12x and found only two available thru Spektrum and see there are more discontinued models than available models so that was a little concerning.
I bought a 28x when they first came out and was disappointed with it and sold it w/out ever using it.
I hope JR understands peoples reluctance to jump back on the ship after it sank once and the need to reassure us they are here to stay and come to market with competitive high quality products that they were previously know for.
I'd like to see a bigger line of power safe (or equiv) receivers available down to 7 channels for 30-35cc size gassers, the simplicity of them with a soft switch is pretty hard to beat and I prefer to keep my radio system all mfg components vs. having to buy switches and power distribution set ups from 3rd party mfg's (not that there's anything wrong with that )
Frank:
Can you give us a approx "JR is back in business and here's our website and product line" Date?

I'm pretty sure Spectrum now owns the rights to DSMX , so I doubt there will be any new JR DSMX compatible receivers made.
Kevin K is offline Find More Posts by Kevin K
Old 06-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKINMAC View Post
Bottom line for me, I got off the JR ROLLER COASTER and donít intend to go back.
JR isn't the only game in town on a roller coaster, sad but true

Spektrum - the DX20 had significant production delays, recalls and then was discontinued. The xi12 was released full of bugs.

Futaba - goes offline for sales and service for months and then returns with significantly higher prices.

Graupner - financial trouble

Hitec - indicates it will release a new flagship TX and soon after that they are discontinuing TX sales.

Airtronics - financial trouble
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by rrembert
West Palm Beach, Fl
Joined Feb 2009
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
Just curious as to what you didnít like about the 28x? I am a Futaba guy to the absolute core, but if i wasnít, I would own a 28x!
I'm not a Futaba guy, but I'm curious as well. I've had my 28X since they came out and it's still a great transmitter..
rrembert is offline Find More Posts by rrembert
Old 06-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,485 Posts
Price increases are unfortunate
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 06-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
Just curious as to what you didnít like about the 28x? I am a Futaba guy to the absolute core, but if i wasnít, I would own a 28x!
It's been quite a while, I got one of the first, but from what I can remember it came out of the box with a bad gimble and broken switch so I had to send it back and then I had trouble with the touchscreen and getting it to connect so I lost confidence and sold it.
I'm still using my DSMX 12X and will just use that until something better / proven comes along. It works great, just a little heavy compared to the new stuff.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
I'm pretty sure Spectrum now owns the rights to DSMX , so I doubt there will be any new JR DSMX compatible receivers made.
That's unfortunate, but makes sense. I'm not opposed to the DMSS or whatever JR is using or comes out with, I just want to wait until I feel they're on a solid foundation before going all in with JR again.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,556 Posts
Frank, Mooney, and Tomohisa are solid.. JR is in great hands.
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker
Old 06-11-2019, 10:20 PM
c/f
Find More Posts by c/f
c/f
Joined Feb 2008
75 Posts
"Graupner - financial trouble"

Not True...........

They were first one into reorg about 7 years ago, eveyone else followed. I'm 47 years in hobby, started with, Futaba, then JR, then back to Futaba with 2.4G, Now Graupner, for voice telemetry and smart flight controllers with onscreen tuning, NEVER needing laptop and cables at the field.

Graupner has things no other brand offers, like free mixing of channels within a RX to name one off top my head. All the channel mapping and swapping Futaba made infamous.

Besides the GUI color touchscreen others promise but settle on ANDROID because of the $1M price tag of R&D before the first sale..........

Graupner was the winning contract for 130 units of the MZ32 for the currently filming Avatar sequel, with a $billion for anamatronics. 20 units running 32 channels in an all metal building studio said to be the limit. .02

PS. and all radios that use an SD card come with SD cards I guess a Graupner exclusive......
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f

Quick Reply