Old 07-18-2019, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by 3daviator
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Jan 2006
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
It's already there...

I was saying a button per post (not thread) would be nice to acknowledge a helpful response that doesn't really require a reply or just agree with someone w/out posting.
Haribo says we need a button for his friend's posts
3daviator is offline Find More Posts by 3daviator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
8,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3daviator View Post
Did you mean My 12x is DSM2? My 12X is modular and it was converted to DSMX by JR years ago. Haven't ever had a problem, but after being away from the hobby for a few years and finding only Spectrum powersafe receivers available I may make a change.
All of your current supply of Rx's will work just fine.

Was the DM9 module upgradeable to DSMX?? I honestly do not know or remember. I know the DM9 module I had for my 10X was DSM2. Hell, my 11X is still on DSM2. Its a solid link, but locks on 2 channels and bounces back and forth between the 2. I lost 1 bird, for whatever unknown reason, just after I got the set. It was a learning curve, but once I got it figured out, it was a solid link, even flying at Joe Nall.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 07-18-2019, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,083 Posts
DM9 modules won't be upgraded by HH...I've asked.

One of the reasons why Spektrum "hack" modules exist is in order to get DSMX on a module. People take old, beat-up cheap 5-6 channel Spek radios and pull the RF module out, and then mount it to a new PCBA adapter board inside a DM9 housing. The Spek radio modules, even the ones from 5 channel radios, are all 6 channel capable. 6 channels, of course, isn't generally enough for giant scale but it is fine for all the BNF stuff.

On the DM9, binding is done by pushing a button on the module. On the DM9 hack modules, at least with OpenTX radios, binding is accomplished internally in the radio menu.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 07-19-2019, 12:44 AM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
552 Posts
Quote:
I was saying a button per post (not thread) would be nice to acknowledge a helpful response that doesn't really require a reply or just agree with someone w/out posting.

Haribo says we need a button for his friend's posts
the Like type button is already available at the HeliFreak forum
some people tend to thumb up their 'friends' and thumb down people they don't like, regardless of what they post
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 07-19-2019, 12:47 AM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
552 Posts
Quote:
My 12X is modular and it was converted to DSMX by JR years ago.
Haven't ever had a problem, but after being away from the hobby for a few years and finding only Spectrum powersafe receivers available I may make a change.
you would do well to switch to JR/DFA for better quality receivers
https://www.horizonhobby.com/content...render-recalls

one pilot (Argentina) of the green frog team is always monitoring JR related threads

haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 07-19-2019, 01:14 AM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,238 Posts
Im Looking at the Dsmx Upgrade too for my JR DSX9, I have my Rd921 receiver but am also will be using a Specktum AR9140T 9-Channel PowerSafe receivers for a P-RC 100cc Sbach, , And will use that Rxr for My 100cc stuff moving forward looks to be a great unit.

Love the T-14x4 but my Dsx9 has done like 7-10 Hours work, So Cant justify buying a new Tx yet,and dont need any more features than my 9 can do at this stage And not to mention that id have to change out all my receivers, It is only 2x or 3 tho.

I guess it means for us guys with Dsx9/9303's? Etc We just use spectrum receivers, Which i think is ok, as as the power safe stuff it pretty cool.

But i love my Jr Stuff and happy there back.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Last edited by The Hodge; 07-19-2019 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:10 AM
c/f
Find More Posts by c/f
c/f
Joined Feb 2008
75 Posts
you can also buy a DSMX satelite and use in conjunction with higher end power expanders or flight controllers such as an Aura, Ribbe and QQ are well versed in all things Spektrum and I find it quite amazing its still their radio of choice, and they did/do have a choice.

A JR Propo built 12X is an end to an era IMHO, I still own a 10xair, 10xHeli, JR12x, for keepsakes but fly Graupner in recent years
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old 07-23-2019, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by xtraflyr
United States, NJ, Chester Township
Joined Jan 2006
1,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/f View Post

A JR Propo built 12X is an end to an era IMHO, I still own a 10xair, 10xHeli, JR12x, for keepsakes but fly Graupner in recent years
My 12X was my last JR radio and I still have it for the same reason as you. Iíve also switched over to Graupner about 5yrs ago.
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old 07-26-2019, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
263 Posts
Frank does DFA have sensor that reads mAh used in 12 c pack really need a device that can do that for my new T44 radio can you help please
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 07-27-2019, 12:16 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obby1 View Post
Frank does DFA have sensor that reads mAh used in 12 c pack really need a device that can do that for my new T44 radio can you help please
I'm thinking Frank isn't a member or doesn't know this thread exists as he hasn't made any responses here.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2006
3,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Im Looking at the Dsmx Upgrade too for my JR DSX9, I have my Rd921 receiver but am also will be using a Specktum AR9140T 9-Channel PowerSafe receivers for a P-RC 100cc Sbach, , And will use that Rxr for My 100cc stuff moving forward looks to be a great unit.

Love the T-14x4 but my Dsx9 has done like 7-10 Hours work, So Cant justify buying a new Tx yet,and dont need any more features than my 9 can do at this stage And not to mention that id have to change out all my receivers, It is only 2x or 3 tho.

I guess it means for us guys with Dsx9/9303's? Etc We just use spectrum receivers, Which i think is ok, as as the power safe stuff it pretty cool.

But i love my Jr Stuff and happy there back.
One always has the choice for the powerbox spektrum capable set-up , this is my preference utilizing my 9303
rooman is offline Find More Posts by rooman
Old 07-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2019
14 Posts
maybe that: https://www.deeforce.net/product-pag...ensor-tls1-vol
jeanclaude is offline Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Old 07-29-2019, 10:51 AM
c/f
Find More Posts by c/f
c/f
Joined Feb 2008
75 Posts
Dont think so, thats a telemetry voltage device, MaH used would have to be in series with the amp draw to calculate used MaH.

With Graupner I can use the telemetry specific device add on, and break into to amp draw however I find it more trust worthy and simple to just buy the Graupner ESC+T version speed controls. The Mah used is voice announced at touch of any button as well as a Mah used alarm as voice or vibrate. it is spot on when compared to charger MaH replenished.
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old 11-07-2019, 01:52 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,356 Posts
Any news or eta on the new JR flagship TX? Wondering whether to wait or go IX20?
Old 11-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by FBaity
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Sep 2008
711 Posts
JR Propo

Any news on ongoing JR support of 12X and such?
FBaity is offline Find More Posts by FBaity

Quick Reply