logo
This thread is privately moderated by All Thumbs, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by Wrench
Gettin' Lower!
Southeast USA
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
Re: 2 Stroke Mix In Your Vehicle??

Hi Mike

I agree that I wouldn't do it on a routine basis, if I had to use a gallon to make it to a gas station I would and it won't hurt a thing. The tiny amount of oil involved is a non-issue, repeated uses over a very long time maybe. As far as 1 quart per 1,000 miles that's the point at which GM would take action in a warranty case for their cars. Anyone that drives a car 5,000 miles without checking the oil is asking for it. Gas has far more contaminates in it from the under ground tanks than most people realise. It's why there's a fuel filter and we have to change it about once a year. BTW there are no rubber parts inside today's injectors. There is only a single seal at the top that seals it to the fuel rail. OE repair information tells to lightly oil these when installing them.
Wrench is offline Find More Posts by Wrench
Last edited by Wrench; 10-04-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Find More Posts by Luv2flygassers
Bigger Always Flys Better!
Oviedo, Fl
Joined Feb 2007
64 Posts

Think about it guys......even at 32:1, 1 ounce of oil to 32 ounces the added to 10 gallons that becomes 1280:1 , if that causes you problems then sell that car and get a real one!! would be sooooo diluted it wouldn't to any harm. If you have check engine lights coming on you've got more problems than premixed gas. I've done it for years without ever a glitch. I've also used premixed gas that was 6 months old with no issues. (however, I use "Sta-bil" in all my two-stroke gas and have NEVER had any issues or performance decrease.

marc
Luv2flygassers is offline Find More Posts by Luv2flygassers
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Find More Posts by Rickster
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Apr 2006
837 Posts

End of summer time all the gas in the boat ( generally 10-20 gallons of 40:1 quicksilver) goes into my 1996 Ford truck.. Never an issue...

Rick
Rickster is offline Find More Posts by Rickster
Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by octanehuffer
United States, MN, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2007
915 Posts

This thread WAS dead for a good reason.
octanehuffer is offline Find More Posts by octanehuffer
Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by FENWAYFLYER
Look at this stupid thing
Smyrna,De
Joined Jan 2008
1,015 Posts

At the end of the year I dump my left over gas from my boat in the lake and set in on fire. I would not try this a home I am a professional.

I try to keep it under 20 gallons
FENWAYFLYER is offline Find More Posts by FENWAYFLYER
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by DeputyDog
A 3D Plane... A 1D Brain...
OKC
Joined Jan 2009
18 Posts

Like several before have stated, I also have poured the remaining mixture of two-stroke oil/gas into the tank of my van's and have NEVER had even the slightest problem as a result.

I'm not a tech, but know that pouring even as much as 3 to 4 gallons of fuel with oil mixture {40:1 = Very small quantity of oil!} into a 25 gallon {Or bigger!} fuel cell will result in a oil/fuel ratio that it is literally non-existent once mixed with the fuel already in the tank.

I did this from the day I bought my new 2001 extended E250 that I drove till it had 140K on it and never had a single fuel related issue. I did the same with another fuel injected van, and two carburated vans before that. I continue to do it to this day with my 2006 EFI Ford E350.

I raced motocross for more than 25 years and have been mixing fuel for gasser's since 1998, and have disposed of fuel this way the entire time! It hasn't hurt a single thing in my experiences!
DeputyDog is offline Find More Posts by DeputyDog
Old 04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,476 Posts

as far as the fuel injection goes a slight about of oil couldn't hurt anything from what i have seen. the fuel systems usually compose of metal lines and or plastic lines. the injectors are metal or have plastic bodies. and the orings should be fine afterall they should be designed with possible oil getting on them from oil leaks, service or what ever. the only thing i could possible see is the oxygen sensors or exhaust converters but again they should be designed to handle some oil due to possible oil consumption and or a leak that causes oil to enter the combustion chamber. but emissions are getting very strick and these cars are very sensitive. i have seen some people try e85 in a vehicle not designed for it and it causes issues and of course not under warranty. but if you are just throwing in some left over gal in a huge tank i cant see what it would hurt.
jamesrxx951 is online now Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by Greyhoundman
GRRRR
Ofallon, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,218 Posts

ZOMBIE ALERT ZOMBIE ALERT thread back from the dead after over 2 Years. Aim for their heads it's the only way to take them down.
Greyhoundman is offline Find More Posts by Greyhoundman
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,838 Posts

Never will it hurt a gasoline vehicle,BUT if you drive a diesel???
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Find More Posts by crazyjoe
co
Joined Jan 2006
984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin4fun View Post
Never will it hurt a gasoline vehicle,BUT if you drive a diesel???

It wont hurt a deisel either. Heck my brothers wife filled his deisel with gas and drove 30 miles before she figured it out. We drained the tank and changed the filter then drove it another 100000 miles.
crazyjoe is offline Find More Posts by crazyjoe
Old 04-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by JimC-MD
Drakien is my hero
Frederick, Maryland
Joined Aug 2006
1,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
It wont hurt a deisel either. Heck my brothers wife filled his deisel with gas and drove 30 miles before she figured it out. We drained the tank and changed the filter then drove it another 100000 miles.
Yes this thread was dead and that was probably a good thing. I however cannot let this "comment/advise" go.

It depends a LOT on the type of injection system on the diesel and the other features. Try that on some systems and the cost to fix the issues will be a great incentive to never try it again. Stories are nice, facts are harsh. The amount of gas added to the system is also a factor. Best advice is do not put gas in a diesel, especially newer designs.
JimC-MD is offline Find More Posts by JimC-MD
Old 04-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Suspended Account
California
Joined Jul 2006
4,329 Posts

Adding gas to a tank of diesel can cause the mix to self combust. Learned that the hard way when I used to deliver fuel and always used the same tanks for every fuel type. Not a good idea to add one to the other, even accidentally.
Tired Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-20-2017, 05:10 AM
Find More Posts by ChevyZgirl
Joined Mar 2017
0 Posts
2 stroke

I have a 73 Chevy step side carb,ran out of gas and someone who helped me out had some gas with 2 stroke in it. Put just a little in. Not even a gallon in my truck . do I have anything to worry about ?
ChevyZgirl is offline Find More Posts by ChevyZgirl
Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyZgirl View Post
I have a 73 Chevy step side carb,ran out of gas and someone who helped me out had some gas with 2 stroke in it. Put just a little in. Not even a gallon in my truck . do I have anything to worry about ?
NOPE
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by Luv2flygassers
Bigger Always Flys Better!
Oviedo, Fl
Joined Feb 2007
64 Posts
It will not hurt anything.
Luv2flygassers is offline Find More Posts by Luv2flygassers