logo
Old 10-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by Cycletech
CycleTech
United States, CT, Greenwich
Joined Jun 2019
145 Posts
Any update on this PAU 330LX? Im in the market for another plane and this is on my list. Not much I can find on this plane so any info would be great. I have the 76" Extra300SP from them but very curious about tgis modal as Ive heard it outflies just about anything on the market in the 120 class. These are the 35% planes Im considering:
PAU Extra 330LX
EF Slick 580
Skywing Slick 360
Skywing Laser 260

OK lets hear it!!
Cycletech is offline Find More Posts by Cycletech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,223 Posts
Please add to your list, the Skywing EDGE 540. This was my first plane from Skywing. I was so impressed with the flying characteristics of the 104" Edge 540 that I sold all my other planes (5 other) and am replacing them all with the Skywing equivalent.
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 10-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Panama, Panama City
Joined Oct 2006
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
Any update on this PAU 330LX? Im in the market for another plane and this is on my list. Not much I can find on this plane so any info would be great. I have the 76" Extra300SP from them but very curious about tgis modal as Ive heard it outflies just about anything on the market in the 120 class. These are the 35% planes Im considering:
PAU Extra 330LX
EF Slick 580
Skywing Slick 360
Skywing Laser 260

OK lets hear it!!
i just buy a AJ Laser, maidened tomorrow
jonathanmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Old 10-04-2019, 01:48 PM
CycleTech
Joined Jun 2019
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Please add to your list, the Skywing EDGE 540. This was my first plane from Skywing. I was so impressed with the flying characteristics of the 104" Edge 540 that I sold all my other planes (5 other) and am replacing them all with the Skywing equivalent.
I have a SkyWing ARS300 91" that I will maiden tommorow and I HAD( recently lost in crash due to switch failer)74" Edge540 from skywing which flew awesome. Im building a 3DHS 92" Edge540 as we speek so Im leaning towards something different. Never had a slick or Laser so thats what Im thinking. Tben again that Extra 330LX I heard was unreal from PAU.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
PAU Extra 330LX
EF Slick 580
Skywing Slick 360
Skywing Laser 260

OK lets hear it!!

I have an PAU 330SC the previous version and I love how it flys . I wouldn't hesitate to go with Herve's PAU 330lx . All the sponsor pilots like Spencer said it's a great aircraft but Imac and freestyle.
Rusty 73 is offline Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Old 10-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by VinceY
That guy
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Feb 2006
653 Posts
How is the spare parts supply for SkyWing? It’s nice to have spare parts available when I need them from EF.
VinceY is offline Find More Posts by VinceY
Old 10-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceY View Post
How is the spare parts supply for SkyWing? Itís nice to have spare parts available when I need them from EF.
Due to a mishap, I had to order wings, elevators from our local dealer, no issues, prompt delivery.
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 10-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
4,915 Posts
I gave SkyWing a look last time I was in the market to buy.The wing area is down from what's the norm nowdays,so I shied away from them.I will consider them next time with all the good reports about them.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 10-04-2019, 02:39 PM
CycleTech
Joined Jun 2019
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
I gave SkyWing a look last time I was in the market to buy.The wing area is down from what's the norm nowdays,so I shied away from them.I will consider them next time with all the good reports about them.
Honestly myself and a few guys at one of my field's couldnt believe how my SW 74" Edge flew. I could pull back the throttle, Hit full up elevator and the thing would just come down rock solid! Wouldnt rock a wing the slightest! I would come straight down From the sky full throttle into a super FAST roll into hard knife edge spin into a nice mellow inverted flat spin and it did it with style! I tried to break it in the sky! Instead I smoked one of those BS rcgf double switches from current load and stuffed the edge into the dirt from about 75 feet
Old 10-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
I have a friend that has the Skywing 105" Edge and he loves it. He lives in Switzerland where they have a lot of noise restrictions, so I built on of my gear reduction unit for him with a rewound Scorpion motor for low temps and high torque on 14S. He's using a 28x12 Mejzlik LF on it -- about 185g prop. Here's the video he sent me of his friend flying it. Pretty good 3D pilot.

The plane came in at 28.66 lbs and the power system is developing about the same power as.... well, you decide. I'd personally use the Falcon 28x13 C2E.

My understanding is that the V3 will have a little more wing area. This one looks fine to me.

Skywing Edge 105 V2, Electric Flight, 14S 8200, StinGR, Christof Kobel (6 min 0 sec)
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Old 10-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Find More Posts by jln1320
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2015
100 Posts
Easy decision- PAU Extra 330LX
I have all the other major brands and in my opinion, I like this one the most.
jln1320 is offline Find More Posts by jln1320
Old 10-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by Shawnlh
Smiley
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Jan 2006
460 Posts
Let's throw some weight into the mix.
Out of all the major players and their 120cc offerings, which specific air frame ,with a simple basic setup, comes out the lightest?

I'm talking at the field ready to fuel up weight, not factory estimates.
Shawnlh is offline Find More Posts by Shawnlh
Old 10-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by super rookie
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Sep 2009
913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln1320 View Post
Easy decision- PAU Extra 330LX
I have all the other major brands and in my opinion, I like this one the most.
Its not super high tec but its my favorite
super rookie is offline Find More Posts by super rookie
Old 10-04-2019, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnlh View Post
Let's throw some weight into the mix.
Out of all the major players and their 120cc offerings, which specific air frame ,with a simple basic setup, comes out the lightest?

I'm talking at the field ready to fuel up weight, not factory estimates.
It's something that I'm concerned about a little more than most and here are some empty out of the box weights that I have. This means that the plane is assembled and standing on it's wheels with no power or control components:

EF 104" Extra 300 V1 = 17.79 lbs with Pilot X (115g), instrument panel (65g), LG fairings (35g), SFGs and shims (100g), so potentially 17.1 lbs if you're willing to gives up things that may not be included in other planes.

Kavan wheels can also eliminate 7.4 oz.

EF 104" Extra 300 V2 = 16.15 lbs with similar components including the stock 4.5" 358g wheels.

The Skywing Edge 540 V2 in the video is 16.23 lbs.

The 3DHS Edge 540 V2 is 16.45 lbs.

The 105" AJ Laser 230z is 17.83 lbs and I'm not sure if a V2 is in the works.

I'll have more info about the 103" AJ Slick in a month or so.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Last edited by Aeroplayin; 10-04-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,026 Posts
My pau viper gp 123 with 46 ounces fuel weighs 30 lbs even, I flew it six months before I actually put it on scales before I scaled it I honestly thought it would be 26.5 lbs based on how it flies. I burn off 41 ounces in fifteen minutes and cannot tell any difference between first and last minute of flying performance. My pau edge 540t da 120 weighs 27.5 lbs on takeoff floats like a cub. I think many get too hung up on a few ounces or a few rpm out of a engine. I currently want the pau 330lx and an aj laser me and a friend are going to order together to save on shipping I told him I would let him pick.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus

Quick Reply