Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by Radioactive
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts
Re: IMAC BRAZIL 2008

Spock... thks for the pictures, man that judging seminar was packed... can't believe those guys were standing for so long!!! What an awesome week!!!!!!!!!!! As for the bichinhas".. they can't fly airplanes!!!!!!! )
Radioactive is offline Find More Posts by Radioactive
Old 10-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by BrunoMacedo
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
83 Posts

Hello Don and FlyingGiants members !!!

Don, you don't know how happy we are knowing that liked so much your trip to Brazil. Make you and Carlos confortable and have a good time here is the minimium we should do to so nice guys like you both.
Man, what a tremendous contest !!! IMAC BRAZIL is in the books and I'm completely sure that you and Carlos deserve most of the merit of this success.
Don and Carlos, you guys rock. The amount of knowledge and experience you have on IMAC and model aircraft is huge. Having a judging seminar, side by side judging and also being judged by you was a lifetime experience. I could placed last and I still happy just for having these 4 days talking and exchanging information with you ! I make Luis Tiago words, in the SE competition thread, mine (ok....with a better english however...lol...), you both now belong to our brazilian model pilots family !
You can't imagine how the things are here after the championship. People are pumped...crazy to go back to their fields and practise what they've learned, study even more, go to the red book and so. Your trip to Brazil opened a new horizon in the competition world here.
People are more interested in learning about maneuvers, plane setups, plane construction. As you notice we have much a our way to do somethings. As you said there are many "cloned" airplanes, the ones that I used to call a "national" or "brazilian" version of an US kit. That's how we deal with the limitations and complications that we have in order to fly giant scale !
Limitations that are not related only to equipament but also to information, when we started to try IMAC and other competitions. Part of this lack of info were supressed by your judging seminar and the days you both were here. For the ones that have never read the book was amazing and for us that already have read and understand it was amazing too, because we could now realise how demanding and hard are the US IMAC competitions. We are huge fans of guys like Mark Leseberg, Jason Noll and others and already admire their flights. But now we can see even more clearly how magic they are !
But just before you guys come and also Mr. Dave Patrick, who is also a tremendous guy and helped us a lot last year, we manage to get info from wherever we could. FlyingGiants become an endless source of information. You guys can't imagine how many hours we spend searching here news about construction, flying, setup, etc. Also the videos from FlightPass and the others posted here are a priceless source of information. I'm not afraid to say that most of what we fly and the way we fly has come from the information we gathered here.
Today we have a quite good amount of information which allows us to pass it to portuguese and try to help the beginner pilots, but we are avid for more specially after this championship. So keep posting boys !!
Don, for IMAC I just want you know that we are, specially Luis and I, commited with the growth of IMAC here. We want to make the "I" more "I" than ever ! You know I've already translated the whole Red Book to portuguese and put it online to all pilots here could understand it and do not hesite asking me whatever help you need to make IMAC worldwide.
Finally, I would like to say a huge Thank You for you Don, Carlos and the FlyingGiants Community. We appreciate all the help and support you guys gave us and be sure we will stay tuned here for more specially in this new era of oportunity that is opening for us and the possibility of creation of a Brazilian IMAC Team to go to US to compete, and of course have a lot of fun up there.
Don, don't forget to tell them the words we taugh you in portuguese, bichinha ! Also check out for some freestyle final videos and the heli demo from Adriano at
http://br.youtube.com/user/adrianoknight

Best wishes to all of you !!

Keep Flying and keep posting boys !

Bruno Macedo
BrunoMacedo is offline Find More Posts by BrunoMacedo
Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 PM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Now Bruno calm down Brother, just kididng.. Man you Threw it down All weekend.. Guys; Bruno translated the Entire RedBook...That's a Heroic Effort!! It was a blast to hang with you Fellas, and Gals... Hey US Imacers.. We met two flying sisters , and a 9 year old young man that are going to be the Next Champs one day.
We also met another incrediable hidden Talent.. Adriano a flat out "Throw it down" Heli pilot!!! This heli pilot allowed me to fly his Trex 700... Man it is and was the best Heli i'm ever flown, and attempted to fly... Pure machine, so much as breath on the sticks and that bad-boy was there!!! Adriano you Rock Sir!!!!!!!!!!
Bruno thks for posting, Proud of you guys... look forward to seeing team Brazil this summer in Muncie!!!!! Surprise Gang, Team Brazil is coming to the USA... Man this is going to be a Smackdown NATS this Summer!!!!
I know what you're thinking already.. "They had better be ready".. They are getting their A-game on .. and will be ready... it's going to be a blast... as if the Nats, was not already Blast....
Fabio Borges, is coming too i believe, and he like Bruno, Luis, Tiago, Julio,Marcelo and others, can fly some Serious precision!!!
I think, i'm going to get a good seat for this one...Hey, who knows, maybe Fabio Trent, will jump in as well, We also had the pleasure of meeting, and flying some after hours stuff. :0
Old 10-10-2008, 06:35 PM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Hi gang chapter two. The big provided marked areas for each pilot, kindof like an individual pit.Highlights:
Note the cutom made cannisters, that are made in Brazil... Fabio Borges, dad, is shown holding a 50cc per cylinder size, they have a 85cc per side as well, well made, and very strong, and robust, i observed them in use thru out the weekend with an awesome sound.
Bruno Marcelo, (Blue shirt) unlimited 2nd place unlimited very good pilot.
Fabio borges(Red shirt)..unlimited pilot, threw down an awesome freestyle, however in very windy conditions accidently touched the groud.. DQ, unfortunately..Awesome pilot, and his father and him have a hobby business as well.
One of the only trailers i observed this weekend, very simple construction..
Philipi and his michael Jackson pilot....
Marcelo, showing off his Futaba 9WC2
Last edited by Radioactive; 10-10-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 PM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

More high resolution shots:
http://www.lucasdelcaro.com/Lucas_De...s/IMAC_II.html
http://www.lucasdelcaro.com/Lucas_De.../IMAC_III.html
http://www.lucasdelcaro.com/Lucas_De...IMAC_2008.html
Old 10-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by wcc963
Head in the clouds
United States, FL, Coconut Creek
Joined Nov 2006
338 Posts

hey don looks like fun, i would love to go to brasil, how about seeing if we can get some of our american pilots down there to compete, if were gonna get some of them up here we should try to get some of our own down there, show them whats up. i really like that suspended rx mount, very smart, you should try that on your new Dalton.
wcc963 is offline Find More Posts by wcc963
Old 10-11-2008, 07:31 AM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Bingo, exactly thinking the same... this is a long term project....however one of the many steps needed to achieve an International competition. Stay tuned.... alot of work ahead of us.. however well worth it!!
Old 10-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by BrunoMacedo
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
83 Posts

Hey Don,

That's a excellent ideia ! Let's try to work to have some US pilots here next year. The more information we exchange the better. You know if you need any support here for this you have it.

Bruno Macedo
BrunoMacedo is offline Find More Posts by BrunoMacedo
Old 10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Find More Posts by Saccomano
Joined Sep 2008
1 Posts

Hey Don How r u ??
I will stay in Florida next year july with Luiz Tiago
Wait for me...
I will be back hehehe
Felipe Saccomano (Michael Jacson Plane)
Saccomano is offline Find More Posts by Saccomano
Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

yes sir Michael!!! ...
Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Well, Carlos is back from South America, and he's working on more details of the trip, and many more photos. Several folks have contacted me about the airframes and the motor combos i saw... Of interesting note, i saw no composite arf's, conventional wood construction... we did brief the pilots on our newer construction philosphies over here in the usa, and they were surprised to see us using probond, and titebond 3 wood glues, and less expoxies... they were amazed at the "lightening" efforts we go to... stay tuned... for next photo flood...Going to contact Rob over at Competition Airframes, and see if he can video some of his protocols to share with the gang in Brazil, as they begin to build there new birds for next season.
Last edited by Radioactive; 10-14-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by carlpaez
Ocala, FL
Joined Aug 2006
43 Posts

Well guys, I am back home! What a fun trip! After Brazil I went to Bogota Colombia for a week of work and then the following weekend I attended the Open International FAI Colombia (In Bogota, at 8600 fasl), another great story, I did some judging again, many top pilots, like Jason Shulman, Marcelo Colombo, Jim Woodward, Chris Cameron and excellent pilots from the delegations of Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Colombia, Surinam, what an event! also got to see many old friends.
Back to Brazil, and after reading all the detailed information from Don, I want to thank Marcelo from Limeira Hobby, Wladislau and Junior for inviting us to participate in this World Class Event and I am glad we were able to pass the IMAC fever into this group of great pilots. Congratulations to Luis, Bruno, Fabio and all the pilots for their placing, great flying guys!
As Don mentioned, immediately after our arrival and without sleeping for 28 hours (Thanks to American Airlines), we jumped in front and started the Judging Class...under the Carport, right on the field, from 6:00PM 'til 9PM...all the pilots were there waiting for us! The participation was great and I think everybody learn a lot that night, some faces showed a little bit of disappointing and some others were shy and worried. ( I think my Portanol worked pretty good). The next day, the contest started at 9AM, a little rough, honestly, the first day of judging was a little disappointing, multiple continuous simple mistakes, many zeros (In all classes), yes Snaps and Spins were a problem and NO wind correction from most of the pilots (Yes!..It was windy), everybody flew one sequence! ...........That evening we decided to group all classes again and go through each of their sequences on detail, maneuver by maneuver and told them what we saw, how we judged, etc. Paulo Iscold did also go on detail on each of the unknowns!....., we worked with some of the guys on setting up their airplanes, swapping propellers, adding right thrust, balancing, mixing, etc.........Next day!.....it was unbelievable.....it seams like a new complete group of pilots. Conditions were a little better, but man, what a competition, the Basic and Intermediate guys started the fight and the scores were much better! Everybody was flying according to our suggestions from the night before! ....Tough Competition in all classes, I did not see clear leaders on any of them. We continue the same trend all weekend and the final rounds on Sunday, were awesome! everybody fighting for a point, very concentrated, challenged, anxious to win!..Let me tell you, they were all winners, even the guys who were disqualified were happy, very pleased with their experience.... Very rewarding for Don and I.
The Frango Pastelihnos from Miriam were also great! and the evening invitations...thanks again guys!
I hope we can attend many more of this contests and like Don said, we are committed to go Internationally and I have been asked by Don to help IMAC integrate South and Central America into the US, we will soon have a huge family and we will be able to learn , share and enjoy all together.
For all the pilots who read this, pass the word and contact me privately to make it work ( carlpaez@att.net). We will love to work with the Chilean and Argentinean folks as well. We have people from Ecuador, Venezuela and Colombia already joining!
Well , next weekend the challenge is on us! We are hosting the last IMAC event of the SE for 2008 in Ocala , FL, so I need to go to the field and practice some! I need some "Stick" time! and practice all the things we thought you guys! wish me luck!
Glad to be back with my family!
Don't forget......Vote Don Hamilton for President! Nov 1st- Nov 7th
Un abrazo para todos!
Carlos
carlpaez is offline Find More Posts by carlpaez

Quick Reply