Cool Runnins Mun
Miami,Fla
Joined Jan 2006
917 Posts
Re: 2009 Amps Aerobatics Challenge official thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblinco View Post
Hello Tony..

I have been away for a while, I hope all is well. A little shocked to see you will not be the CD for the Amps Contest.

Jim Blinco
Call me some time I'll bring you up to speed.
tony-amps is offline Find More Posts by tony-amps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by ckeene9
"That was Spectacular"
Oviedo, FL
Joined Oct 2008
343 Posts

Signed up for Basic. This will be my first IMAC Hope to do alot of learning during this event.

See y'all there!

Christopher Keene
ckeene9 is offline Find More Posts by ckeene9
Old 01-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,711 Posts

Awesome!!! Welcome aboard!

I think you will love it!
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 PM
"That was Spectacular"
Oviedo, FL
Joined Oct 2008
343 Posts

Can someone explain how a day of IMAC may go, from arriving at the field until leaving the field.

Also is there practice/warm-up flights in the morning before the event begins?

Thanks,

CK
Old 01-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by Radioactive
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

CK, here's my cell, call me sunday as i'm on the way home form the judging scholl in jacksonville. I'll walk you thru the contest..later!!Welcome to IMAC...!!!!! Please don't forget to signup and join IMAC, the new WEb Site for members section, has alot of valuable information, especially the training LIB. sections.
Don
561-212-7358
Radioactive is offline Find More Posts by Radioactive
Last edited by Radioactive; 02-02-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Find More Posts by McFueler
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

CK if there is anyway you can make it to the Judging school in Jax. it will help you out a lot with flying in IMAC !!!!! If you make it to the Judging school I'll see ya there and I'll tell ya how everything goes at a contest, and yes most contest let you get a flight in before things get going on Sat. No flying on Sun. before because of Unknows. Lots of guys fly Friday to get used to the field. Lots of us camp out and we get together and set up a grill and cook and have a lot of fun !
McFueler is offline Find More Posts by McFueler
Old 01-30-2009, 08:50 AM
"That was Spectacular"
Oviedo, FL
Joined Oct 2008
343 Posts

Not gonna be able to make it up to Jax, planned on it but couldn't get it together I was just wondering on practice flights since it seems that it takes about 1/2 a flight everyday before I get my fingers cordinated and moving correctly.

CK
Old 01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by McFueler
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

I feel your pain, it takes me about 2 rounds before I can hit the target !
McFueler is offline Find More Posts by McFueler
Old 01-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by Jcarte
It's a beautiful RC day!
Jacksonville Fl
Joined Jan 2006
1,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Not gonna be able to make it up to Jax, planned on it but couldn't get it together I was just wondering on practice flights since it seems that it takes about 1/2 a flight everyday before I get my fingers cordinated and moving correctly.

CK

A weekend of IMAC would consist of (short version) putting planes together, start engines first thing just to make sure nothing went bad during the ride to the contest or fly if you are really gun ho, get registered, attend pilots meeting for briefing, pilot line-up given out, frequency conflicts discussed, flight line assignments for pilots and judges, contest begins classes line up on respective flight lines, pilots take off fly 2 sequences and land, caller stands behind pilot spots and calls maneuvers. Round complete, then you fuel, check batteries, check plane, check for scores, find judges and ask why they zeroed your spin, check for scores, bug the CD for scores, bitch about the bad judging, ask CD for scores again, Start round 2, do it all over again, eat lunch when you get time, ask the CD for scores again, hopefully you will get 3 rounds in, unknowns are given out (not basic), take you plane apart, hang out at the field, bug CD for scores, eat fried bread, have some refreshments, go to the hotel (or rv, tent, or sleep in your trailer), study unknowns or known’s, go to sleep and do it again on Sunday, one or two more rounds, hopefully a freestyle to watch or fly, give out scores and prizes.

Disclaimer: Not every contest is the same nor does it always run that smooth, and I’m sure I left some details out, but that is the short version.
Jcarte is offline Find More Posts by Jcarte
Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by Plane Wrappers
Spring Hill, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
908 Posts

YOU LEFT OUT THE MARGAREATA FEST AT CHILIES ON SATURDAY NIGHTS.!
That way you could little umbrella's to cover your receiver like me.
Plane Wrappers is offline Find More Posts by Plane Wrappers
Old 01-30-2009, 08:25 PM
"That was Spectacular"
Oviedo, FL
Joined Oct 2008
343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcarte View Post
A weekend of IMAC would consist of (short version) putting planes together, start engines first thing just to make sure nothing went bad during the ride to the contest or fly if you are really gun ho, get registered, attend pilots meeting for briefing, pilot line-up given out, frequency conflicts discussed, flight line assignments for pilots and judges, contest begins classes line up on respective flight lines, pilots take off fly 2 sequences and land, caller stands behind pilot spots and calls maneuvers. Round complete, then you fuel, check batteries, check plane, check for scores, find judges and ask why they zeroed your spin, check for scores, bug the CD for scores, bitch about the bad judging, ask CD for scores again, Start round 2, do it all over again, eat lunch when you get time, ask the CD for scores again, hopefully you will get 3 rounds in, unknowns are given out (not basic), take you plane apart, hang out at the field, bug CD for scores, eat fried bread, have some refreshments, go to the hotel (or rv, tent, or sleep in your trailer), study unknowns or known’s, go to sleep and do it again on Sunday, one or two more rounds, hopefully a freestyle to watch or fly, give out scores and prizes.

Disclaimer: Not every contest is the same nor does it always run that smooth, and I’m sure I left some details out, but that is the short version.

Sounds good! The kind of info I was looking for so I don't stand out too bad on procedures throughout the day.

Quick Reply