logo
Old 01-17-2020, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by erjpilot
Quakertown, PA USA
Joined Jan 2006
883 Posts
My 104, which was pre hinged, I picked up at Nall last May.
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-17-2020, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Rcbeast93
United States, SC, Rock Hill
Joined Sep 2016
133 Posts
Wow what a finally first plane they start doing that from EF and I may think to be trigger will be my next 120cc airplane. Hope they'll do it for all next future release airplanes. Thanks y'all for respond and this sure is helpful!
Rcbeast93 is offline Find More Posts by Rcbeast93
Old 01-18-2020, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcbeast93 View Post
Wow what a finally first plane they start doing that from EF and I may think to be trigger will be my next 120cc airplane. Hope they'll do it for all next future release airplanes. Thanks y'all for respond and this sure is helpful!
The larger models are now prehinged. Chris told me the cutoff of what will now come prehinged and what doesn't but that has been a while since we had that conversation and it may have changed. Chris and Ben are always trying to better the products, so changes are sometimes fast and furious. Bottom line, you open the box and if it is prehinged and you like that then....woohoo great.... go to the next step in the assembly manual.
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 01-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by MomoBrut
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
The crates are here. I'm going to open them. :-)
MomoBrut is offline Find More Posts by MomoBrut
Old 01-18-2020, 02:43 PM
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
Well, the plane is just gorgeous.

These Laser shapes are amazing, that was the main reason I chose it. And we all know that it flies fantastically.

Things I like:
- this latest version of the frame construction is really amazing and it will take me some time before I go through it,
- new way of attaching the split cowl, way cool, finally, I have been using this method for my own constructions for a some time now,
- the fuselage is really light,
- excellent covering job of the whole kit,

Things that pleasantly surprised me:
- the fuselage is really huge and tall for this wingspan, so is the vertical stab and the rudder,
- the wheel pants are also huge, so is the the landing gear, is much more robust than the other 35%,
- baffling is included, wow, wow, wow ...
- removable rudder, nice and easy,
- the tail wheel looks good, I will see how it will work over time.

Things that disappointed me a bit:
- the tank base is too high and the tank protrudes into the cabin, which does not look scale,
- this Laser has a substantially uniform color - red color with only minor additional design elements, so if the color does not fit, you can really see it, unfortunately the color shade of the cowl and the canopy is not exactly the same, the color shade of the red coating is also different,
- supplied wheels are really heavy, I certainly will not use them.

Things to change:
- The tank base, the tank base ... it will be complicated,
- I will definitely make a canister tunnel, I do not want the mess and heat to get into the fuselage, the design is a bit more complicated at the bottom of the fuselage, I will have to think about it somehow,
- I will definitely reinforce the equipment base laterally, this part will resonate without reinforcement,
- The same applies to the battery base bellow the end of canopy, it is really undersized, and again I use carbon reinforcement.

That is about everything to start with, it will just take a few hours to look at it and think a little bit, maybe there is something else.

Finally, prehinged is only a rudder, all other hinges are only slid into the holes and are not glued. Of course, this is no problem at all.

I'll take some photos tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by erjpilot
Quakertown, PA USA
Joined Jan 2006
883 Posts
I am surprised yours is not pre hinged. I picked mine up at Joe Nall 2019 and it is pre hinged. Was yours possibly old stock?
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old 01-18-2020, 03:10 PM
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
It came from Slovenia - RC Diesel, probably some old stock ... It take some time we can get something from EF in our EU territory :-)
Old 01-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Momobrut, the covering and paint sometimes appear different under certain lighting conditions. The tank is made that way so guys can see it, that is a majority rules thing but no problem to change it to your preference. That one is an early production since it is not hinged. Good luck with the assembly it goes together easily. I wrote that assembly manual so any feedback to make it better is appreciated.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:21 PM
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
Yes it is true, it must be judged in daylight, in the sun ... But today the sun is not visible here and quite snowy. Regarding the tank, I may change my mind and I will like the possibility of level control when I hang in front of my nose. I would like to ask, the newer version is different even something else, or is it just the hinges?
Old 01-21-2020, 04:55 PM
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
Well, it's bad.

Unfortunately, I do not have enough time now, so I did nothing more than preparatory work. It's a lot of little things before something really starts to happen. I haven't got all the things for the fuselage yet, I'm waiting for the silencers, and then I start making the tunnel for the canisters. So I started with the wings. First of all, I took 3 pictures of different wings for comparison. The first is the wing of EF Laser 104 ", the second is wing of my Yak-55M v2 111" and the last one is the EF YAK 54 v1 110 " wing. It is beautiful to see how small wing the Laser has. It also has the largest aileron in relation to the wing and the wing area is really small.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:59 PM
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
The following photos are elevators in the same order. It can be seen that EF elevators are relatively small and have not changed for almost 10 years.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:08 PM
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
There was time tonight, so I did something. I did not like the original design of the bottom of the wing, it is not completely bad, but something was missing. Using an xacto knife, I lifted the red cover and stripped off two blue stripes. No big deal. I left the outer stripe and how else, added a white star.

Well, it wasn't that simple, of course I had tried the design on real photos, otherwise it would always look bad. :-)
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
And the result and the original ...
Old 01-22-2020, 08:16 AM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Those stars are a nice touch.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by ROFF
No it’s not an ARF, I built it
United States, TX, Heath
Joined Oct 2015
200 Posts
How would this airframe do with a DA100?

I have one that may need a home.
ROFF is offline Find More Posts by ROFF

Quick Reply