logo
Old 04-11-2019, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by jeffh
virginia
Joined Jan 2006
63 Posts
I have used the new service center in IL, and they are first rate guys. Quick turn around and took the time to talk on the phone.
jeffh is offline Find More Posts by jeffh
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-11-2019, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by crosswind
Never hover on an empty tank
United States, CA, Galt
Joined Nov 2009
611 Posts
Love my new YELLOW T44...lol. The color Kinda reminds me of my old Kraft sport series 5!
The DMSS protocol is rock solid and programming is a breeze. Still flying my 9503 as well.

Congrats to Frank Noll and JR. Service center is second to none.
crosswind is offline Find More Posts by crosswind
Old 04-12-2019, 12:30 AM
Find More Posts by Topdogzrc
Joined Jan 2018
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR PROPO View Post
As mentioned in the article, there are a lot of things that we have to address. As the quote said, "Rome wasn't built in a day", so we have to chip away and re-establish the systems as they once were.

I'm sorry the article questions asked of me didn't include everything that you wanted to hear. My position is only a couple months old, and I'm still sorting out the issues and getting them addressed. So I apologize for it being "fluffy". FG didn't ask for a "tell-all" story.

Re-branding the line: Yes, it was confusing for a lot of people in recent times including me. So the decision was to go back to the JR PROPO name, which was one which the majority of modelers would be familiar with.

Service: The service center has been established for a year now in Champaign, IL. It's staffed with knowledgeable and eager people that will do everything they can to make the consumers experience positive. This service center has no affiliation to the prior.

Old systems vs. New systems: Yes, we realize there are systems out there that are still in use. We are working on a program that will target them. It's a work in progress, and details haven't been finalized yet. But, assuredly they haven't been dismissed or forgotten.

New Products: 28X users.... Yes, there is a new version in the works! A new TX design as well as software changes will be implemented.

As I become more familiar with everything, I will try and keep everything updated so you the modelers can be comfortable with the line and where it's going.

Thank you for all the kind words here. It's greatly appreciated!!

Frank
That's exciting to hear Frank!

If I could ask for a favor, could you do a video or a tutorial for the best way to use the 3-axis gyro system with the new BPX servo? Or if there will be a BPX-like system that'll allow the gyro to plug in as an external module into the RX so we don't have to route the servos through the gyro? I think the old XBUS central powerhub allowed that but my memory's fuzzy
Topdogzrc is offline Find More Posts by Topdogzrc
Old 04-12-2019, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
Just not my cup of tea..... I actually haven't seen a single one at any field i've been too.... just sayin'.........
WT
LOL, true there aren't any at my field either. But I have seen some in my travels to events. Not sure I would ever do one either, but like I always say thats why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors..
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2019
20 Posts
Thanks for the head up
I use Champaign service repair and they are fast and very professional
Glad JR its alive
jeanclaude is offline Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Old 04-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by newshoundaussie
Canada, ON, London
Joined Jan 2006
516 Posts
Glad to see JR Propo back. Congratulations Frank.
newshoundaussie is offline Find More Posts by newshoundaussie
Old 04-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by gmorales83
Carbon Fiber Everything
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Mar 2008
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
This is a good thing for JR and the hobby as a whole.

I think this is the most important part.....restoring beloved product lines and keeping the hobby going for some time more.

GM
gmorales83 is offline Find More Posts by gmorales83
Old 04-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by cescoforte
Italia, Lazio, Roma
Joined Sep 2006
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR PROPO View Post
As mentioned in the article, there are a lot of things that we have to address. As the quote said, "Rome wasn't built in a day", so we have to chip away and re-establish the systems as they once were.

I'm sorry the article questions asked of me didn't include everything that you wanted to hear. My position is only a couple months old, and I'm still sorting out the issues and getting them addressed. So I apologize for it being "fluffy". FG didn't ask for a "tell-all" story.

Re-branding the line: Yes, it was confusing for a lot of people in recent times including me. So the decision was to go back to the JR PROPO name, which was one which the majority of modelers would be familiar with.

Service: The service center has been established for a year now in Champaign, IL. It's staffed with knowledgeable and eager people that will do everything they can to make the consumers experience positive. This service center has no affiliation to the prior.

Old systems vs. New systems: Yes, we realize there are systems out there that are still in use. We are working on a program that will target them. It's a work in progress, and details haven't been finalized yet. But, assuredly they haven't been dismissed or forgotten.

New Products: 28X users.... Yes, there is a new version in the works! A new TX design as well as software changes will be implemented.

As I become more familiar with everything, I will try and keep everything updated so you the modelers can be comfortable with the line and where it's going.

Thank you for all the kind words here. It's greatly appreciated!!

Frank
i have a 9303, 10X, and XG11....
great to ear that, Frank...!!!!
cescoforte is offline Find More Posts by cescoforte
Old 04-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by allmetalplane
Joined Jan 2009
43 Posts
There were lots of people selling their great JR radios thinking JR was dead, I bough me a spanking brand new XG14 for a couple hundred bucks! Now many of them regret getting rid of those fine radios!
allmetalplane is offline Find More Posts by allmetalplane
Old 04-12-2019, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by tailskid2
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Feb 2007
557 Posts
I think there is another Frank included!
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
Old 04-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
I do hope JR comes up with a high end flagship transmitter that doesn’t resemble the front grill of a 73 Pontiac
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 04-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmetalplane View Post
There were lots of people selling their great JR radios thinking JR was dead, I bough me a spanking brand new XG14 for a couple hundred bucks! Now many of them regret getting rid of those fine radios!
I’m one of those people that sold my XG11 thinking JR was on it’s way out. I’ve been a JR user since the Circus Circus days up until a couple years ago. I don’t regret selling my XG11, it doesn’t come close to my current radio’s capabilities. Like many I was hoping for an update to my 12X but that never came. I moved onto the XG11 with the possibility of updates but never got one there either. Sadly a $200 Spektrum radio blew my XG11 out of the water in terms of programming. The feel and quality were also no where close to my 12x. I’ve still got my eye on JR and some of the new equipment I’ve seen on the forums and especially Facebook look really good. I hope they come out with some new transmitters with updated programming and features and I hope they do well. But for now I don’t see myself returning anytime soon.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 04-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Please bring back the legendary MADE IN JAPAN servos from JR.

Also get rid of this Jedi Force Frog 'Dee Force' garbage and just go back to being JR.

Will be looking forward to a 28X refresh, with a better processor/memory and larger screen.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 04-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by as722
Pennsyvania
Joined Jan 2006
1,592 Posts
Love my 28X the way it is, just need a software update . The gimbals are the best I've ever seen .
as722 is offline Find More Posts by as722
Old 04-14-2019, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post

Also get rid of this Jedi Force Frog 'Dee Force' garbage and just go back to being JR.
Thanks for writing what I was thinking.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer

Quick Reply