Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by Nuova Mintor
Nuova Mintor Official
Joined Apr 2013
35 Posts
Alert
Nuova Mintor Official Statement

Hello to everybody!

Yes, you have not been mistaken, this post is an official statement directly from Nuova Mintor.

As you can see we have decided to create an account on this forum (and also on others) in order to communicate with our customers in the most direct and immediate way. Over the past months we have been monitoring many RC enthusiasts communities to gather your opinions and understand what are your needs and desires when it comes to our engines.

We have read your call for a better communication and we think it is time for us to take a step forward and become an active member in the discussion; we would like for our customers to get the most accurate information possible regarding Nuova Mintor, and the best way to do that is to speak for ourselves.

First things first: WE ARE NOT CLOSING.

All the rumors and talks about our closure that have been spread on this forum by some users are completely unfounded and must be considered pure speculation . Having said that, let’s get to the most pressing matter at this time: warranty.

As you have unfortunately understood, right now Top Dawg is not supporting the North American and Canadian customers of Nuova Mintor. There have been some talks between the old Mintor management, Nuova Mintor and Top Dawg, and there are clearly some problems to sort out between us, but this is neither the place nor the time to discuss it. All we can say right now is that you have heard just one side of the story, therefore you should retain from jumping to conclusions.

The most important thing for you to understand is that Nuova Mintor will honor all of its engines warranty. As of today we do not have an official active dealer in the US, thus we cannot say what will be the exact procedure to have your engines repaired. We are currently evaluating all our options, and one of them is to have your engine sent over to our factory in Italy for repairs; as you can understand, this is not the ideal scenario neither for us, because it would not be cost-effective, nor for you, because it would take a long time to have your engines back.

We do know right now this is the last thing you would like to hear, but you have to understand we need some time to sort this problem out, because it is not something that can be arranged in a couple of hours. Further communications regarding how Nuova Mintor will honor the engines warranty will be posted in the following days.

We also intend to post a complete account of what is happening right now at the factory, what is going to happen in the immediate and long-term future and how we are handling all the issues that affects our engines, because it is important for us to let you know the status of our work.

Keep an eye on this forum for further communications, have a nice day.

Nuova Mintor

EDIT: Link to post #66 with the answers to some of your questions.
EDIT: Link to post #101 with a second update from Nuova Mintor.

Nuova Mintor is offline Find More Posts by Nuova Mintor
Last edited by Nuova Mintor; 04-25-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,366 Posts
First up - Thank you for having the balls to step up and communicate. I hope you do realise that you may get some mean or nasty responses so I wil try to be as gentle as I can.

You claim that you are "going to" sort out the US engines when you get a chance, I hope this works out well for you and the people in the US and Canada. IMHO the best thing for Nuova Mintor to do is to give the existing dealers the support they desperately need.

Above is original post - below is my edited on 10/May/2013

Nuova Mintor "appear" to be stepping up to the plate and resolving the issues of the past in an extremely positive way that is as good or better than any other engine manufacturer.

and below is my edited post one year later on 21/April/2014
It appears that either Mintor (Nuova Mintor, Claudio Magni and the rest of them) and / or TDA were full of Cr@p.
People STILL are not getting the support they need, were promised etc - It is fully a year of total B/S for the end users to have put up with. It is time those long suffering people got their money back.
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Last edited by aussiesteve; 04-20-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Find More Posts by selwyn
Canada
Joined Jan 2006
132 Posts
Mazeltov..... Nouva Mintor...it's by time that you came out with a strategy to move forward...all that needs to happen now is to turn it into an action. After you have taken care of the warranty issues on the engines that were returned by TDA, do you have any customer details so that the repaired/replaced engines can be returned to their rightfull owners. I would give you the serial number of my engine, but I believe they are all the same.
selwyn is offline Find More Posts by selwyn
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Find More Posts by clivem
South Africa, KZN, Pietermaritzburg
Joined Nov 2009
1,012 Posts
welcome to the forum Mauro and Nuova Mintor. please do your best to answer all the questions, its going to be a rough ride, but stick it out, support the dealers AND end users of your products and you can succeed.

Take all the advice you can, KEEP in contact on a regular basis and in the months to come we hope this can be behind all of us.
clivem is offline Find More Posts by clivem
Last edited by clivem; 04-20-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Find More Posts by yakwards
Check it bleed,bro was on.
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Apr 2010
2,477 Posts
Im glad to see they are finally responding to the issues but for what its worth how many people have already thrown in the towel like me?I waited as long as I could & sold my 60 & bought a DA60 instead.I took a bath big time but to me it was the right thing to do.I feel better about selling it to the guy who bought it,if something happens at least he's not screwed,that make me feel better,even though he knew what he was getting into.At the end of the day its still just some projected gameplan that has no eta of when it will materialize.If I had a grand into Mintor Id be watching this thread hourly but I think alot of people who dont will probably bite the bullet & move on,especially with flying season in full bloom who wants to have a plane down while these guys try to get their act together?Its nice to see them accepting responsibility but I looks really bad that they let it go this far in the first place.Id say action speaks louder than words & right now Mintor needs alot of action.For me its just to little to late.Good luck to the rest off you Mintor owners.I hope they get you straight.
BTW Mintor,why have you not responded to the many emails I sent you in regards to parts & warranty work.The only response I got was when I asked how much it would be to ship a 220 with headers & cans to 23669?You responded in an hour to that one.
yakwards is offline Find More Posts by yakwards
Old 04-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,478 Posts
As a small business owner in the service business I cannot see how this situation is repairable by Mintor. Heck, you can't even get an engine repaired by them. : ) I fret about 1 bad review online, let alone hundreds. Any quality issue is immediately addressed by my company, no way I would let problems go on this long. That's the great thing about competition, it keeps you on your toes.

I can't help but tie the quality issues I read about with where the bulk of the components come from. In my business (plumbing) the quality of products from China are often laughable and always bottom of the barrel. If you want to sell a cheap Chinese engine then sell a cheap Chinese engine. If you advertise a product from a country renowned for high performance (boats, cars) and claim the same quality but stuff it with poorly manufactured parts you are going to run into problems.

Back up the quality with poor service and communications but quick replies to sales inquiries and you're done. As one of the previous posters said, Mintor is in for a rough ride. But it is entirely their fault.

David
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Find More Posts by karolh
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
Joined Aug 2007
757 Posts
It's 'nice' of Mintor to finally come out of hiding and make an official statement, but possibly it's a little too late for even that as I'm sure several who purchased their engines in good faith have just counted their loss and moved on, but being an optimist I'm hoping that something positive comes from it all. It would be nice to see TDA who went the extra mile for their customers not end up out in the cold and on the chopping block where Mintor is concerned.

Karol
karolh is offline Find More Posts by karolh
Old 04-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by wingburner
Canada, AB, Beaverlodge
Joined Jan 2006
604 Posts
Are you kidding with that statement??

What a joke Nuova Mintor!!
wingburner is offline Find More Posts by wingburner
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Find More Posts by BRBR
A contributor of sorts
Joined Aug 2012
1,931 Posts
i agree it says nothing. also doesnt look good for a company to announce this thing on a forum. the retailers that sold the product should pass this on to their customers. all those that dont visit forums must be wondering what the future holds for them.
BRBR is offline Find More Posts by BRBR
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by JohnBer
Old Grouch
USA, WA, Lynden
Joined Dec 2010
1,902 Posts
anyone see this mess running the same path as the RC extreme SBach? (that worked out well....) I truly hope mintor gets it right......but seen this before, just a different product was all.
JohnBer is offline Find More Posts by JohnBer
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by racincain
United States, SC, Camden
Joined Feb 2012
27 Posts
I'm still in! I love my 3 Mintor's. No, Zero, Notta first complaint coming from me. If they would pay me to service and sell I would be glad to. Love to say goodbye to my 18 wheeler. Way to go Nuova Mintor. I would realy get a kick out of it it you told some of these people where to stick it, I may just order me another. Thanks.
racincain is offline Find More Posts by racincain
Old 04-20-2013, 07:51 AM
Find More Posts by yakwards
Check it bleed,bro was on.
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Apr 2010
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racincain View Post
I'm still in! I love my 3 Mintor's. No, Zero, Notta first complaint coming from me. If they would pay me to service and sell I would be glad to. Love to say goodbye to my 18 wheeler. Way to go Nuova Mintor. I would realy get a kick out of it it you told some of these people where to stick it, I may just order me another. Thanks.
I think the first Mintor fanboy has been identified
yakwards is offline Find More Posts by yakwards
Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by racincain
United States, SC, Camden
Joined Feb 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakwards View Post

Yes sir, and there are more. Right here in SC. If you look at the number of people that slam Mintor, it isn't but none other than the same ol whinner's. Get over it, and move on.
racincain is offline Find More Posts by racincain
Last edited by racincain; 04-20-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Cooled down
Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Find More Posts by Kitman
Flying, Friends & Food
United States, OH, Hilliard
Joined Jan 2006
4,217 Posts
"SSDD" Same Story Different Day, I have been watching and reading the responces, I have been dealing Claudio for years and nothing has changed! I still have a 110 that made the trip across the pond and came back with the updates over a year later and far less power!! They changed carbs to Walbro from their own, still have it, my fault for keeping it.

Blaine how has been a friend for a longertime got completely screwed by Mintor and I can't beleive any of you beleive it will be different!! What is the defitinition of Insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.
Kitman is offline Find More Posts by Kitman
Last edited by Kitman; 04-21-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakwards View Post

Yup. Somebody has a good engine and likes it so they are a fanboy.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb

Quick Reply