logo
Old 05-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by djones
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
JR7202 dual elevator setup

I have a JR7202 and I think I'm trying to get it set up for dual elevators. This is what I did, but I have some questions. If anyone can lend a hand, I would sure appreciate it.

First: I disabled the AUX2 toggle switch.
Second: I plugged one elevator servo into the elevator channel on the receiver.
Third: I plugged the second elevator servo into the AUX2 channel.
Fourth: I set up a programmable mix such that the AUX2 is a slave to the elevator channel.
Fifth: I set the rates on the mix to 100%

Now for the question(s). The elevators work fine on both low rates and high rates, and I can use the sub trim function on the transmitter to individually control the trim of each elevator servo. However, I cannot adjust the servo travel percentage on the AUX2 channel the way I do for the elevator channel. So, I went ahead and enabled the AUX2 channel, but the AUX2 toggle switch makes the elevator that is connected to the AUX2 channel go to full deflection. Thus, it seems that I had it right by initially disabling the AUX2 channel.
Bottom line, I just want to know what is the best way to set up dual elevators using a JR7202.

Thanks!

-dj
djones is offline Find More Posts by djones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
Re: JR7202 dual elevator setup

anyone? please?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:04 AM
IMK
Find More Posts by IMK
IMK
Flyin' Around
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
7 Posts

You’ve done the right thing by deactivating the input to AUX2.

In case you haven’t done this already, you’ll need to use either mix 5 or 6 as these have built in trim. Built in trim will allow your trim lever to operate both ELEV and AUX2 as a combined unit.

SUB TRIM and ATV work on ELEV. SUB TRIM also works on AUX2. However as you’ve discovered, ATV won’t work on AUX2 because the inputs been deactivated. This is normal.

Instead you will need to use the MIX VALUE (RATE %) in the mix menu to set the travel for AUX2.

As a side note, you can use the MIX OFFSET in the mix menu instead of using the SUB TRIM for AUX2. However to keep things simple I just use the SUB TRIM menu for both ELEV and AUX2.

I hope this helps. It’s an excellent radio for the price.

For 3D flying I find it useful to have my dual rates and mixes on a single switch.

I also have a JR 10X but now find myself using it less because the JR 7202 (or JR 2720 as it’s called in some parts of the world) does everything I need.

The only thing I wish it had is a user defined count down timer for each model memory.
IMK is offline Find More Posts by IMK
Old 05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts

IMK,

Thank you so much for the response. You have answered all of my questions. I must have missed the part about using mix 5 or 6 in the manual.
Your explanation is right on target and I now have both elevators working perfectly on low rates and high rates.
I agree. The 7202 is a great radio for the price, but I also wish it had a count down timer.

Thanks again for your help IMK! I really appreciate it!!

Quick Reply