logo
Old 08-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by Dennis22
United States, CA, Nevada City
Joined Mar 2016
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walid View Post
Yeah that's my concern too, but then fixing incidence is not easy as stabs are already glued. I may work on the wing though. What do you think?
You are tail heavy, even though you may be balanced where recommended.

The down trim is required to hold the tail up in flight and the extreme sensitivity to elevator input is the second clue.

Before you do anything move the CG forward, In a landing approach you should need just a little up to hold the nose up and then a little more to flair. For a war bird a little nose heavy is safety, you are lucky to still have it.

Dennis
Dennis22 is offline Find More Posts by Dennis22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-31-2019, 06:39 AM
Find More Posts by Walid
Joined Nov 2016
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis22 View Post
You are tail heavy, even though you may be balanced where recommended.

The down trim is required to hold the tail up in flight and the extreme sensitivity to elevator input is the second clue.

Before you do anything move the CG forward, In a landing approach you should need just a little up to hold the nose up and then a little more to flair. For a war bird a little nose heavy is safety, you are lucky to still have it.

Dennis
Makes sense Dennis, I have put weight on the firewall, I guess I just have to add more. It is just sooo difficult to balance this plane given that the firewall is next after the wing, there is no real nose section for this plane. But I have to admit, it looks great in the air and fly nice with no bad tendencies as long as you keep power. Landing are a nightmare that's all.
I will also check all if incidence is correct.
Walid is offline Find More Posts by Walid
Old 08-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Find More Posts by Dennis22
United States, CA, Nevada City
Joined Mar 2016
147 Posts
This is a common problem with many war birds. the full scale planes had very heavy radial engines and as a result they also had very short front ends. This makes balancing the models very difficult

You will have to add weight and it will likely be more than you think should be necessary.

On my war birds I mounted weight under the engine mount or made an extension to the fire wall to move the weight as far forward as possible

Move equipment, servos and batteries as far forward as possible. If any thing is behind the CG MOVE IT FORWARD!!

On a small 60" Corsair I had to add nearly 16 oz under the engine.

It is very unlikely that the problems you are describing now are related to incidence.

You must get the CG correct before you start to check for incidence problems.

Dennis
Dennis22 is offline Find More Posts by Dennis22

Quick Reply