logo
Old 04-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Find More Posts by cravenjw
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
I would actually like to take time to thank Cravenjw/John and hpdrifter/Ed for their phone calls to explain to me that the problem does exist in the cb400 and CB100 as well. They were kind enough to tell me that the CB400 and even the CB100 have poly fuses also. They were able to point out that James and Danny had both misspoke when they were explaining to me that the cb200 was the only product with said poly fuses. I appreciate that Danny and James asked John and Ed to contact me and even giving them my personal email address to do so. Asking them to set me straight in my understanding. You sure have done that, you have clarified all of the mistruths that I was being told by Danny and James. Sure would have been nice of them to ask me before giving out my info to have people harass me. I also find it funny that when talking to all four of you and you would start down your paths of stories, lies and excuses you would start to loose your words and in effect stutter in your speaking. (Let me make myself very clear, I am NOT making fun of any speech impediment or medical issue!) It started making it easy for me to tell when you were being honest and truthful and when you weren’t. I hope you can understand why I may not have been the nicest person to speak with given the circumstances. So which one of you is going to prove yourself and buy my stuff so we can all go on our way. Then you can have all the products you need to test and replicate everything the right way.
"They were able to point out that James and Danny had both misspoke when they were explaining to me"

Only person i pointed out, was you, and that you had implied in your video, that the CB100/400 were different. I told you they all had polyfuses.

I made no reference to what Danny or James or what they said!

I told you that i got your email address from Danny. I got it in aug 2018. When you sent him videos and your CB200s. He forwarded 2 videos to me to ask what i thought about them. Your email was in the forward.

Danny never ask me to contact you. I have never even talked to James!

You and your vids were long forgotten until the other day when you posted.

I called you to try and see if i could repeat the chaos. And figure it out.

But i see the servo(s) will do the same thing on a Hitec RX with a direct bat. Loads of RF. Loads of chatter. No CB, No Jeti.

You also pointed the meter at the CB, and the meter signal was the highest, meaning the least RF. Pointed at the ail wire. The signal went down, meaning there is more RF.

No need to chase this! Even though the meter is was used backwards, its enough to see that the CB is not the root cause! Nor does this RF and chatter in that setup only happen with the CB.

As for your successes with the meter, i suggest you call MJF and check which way to point it. I called them just to make sure i was correct before posting. There not MIT professors, but they did make the meter.
cravenjw is offline Find More Posts by cravenjw
Last edited by cravenjw; 04-06-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-06-2019, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
[QUOTE=mikeh;2830219]What setup would u suggest for a 35% airframe. Staying away from the CB200. Is it possible to run two recievers into one switch? I was given the remote off on switch as a gift ans wouls like to use it. Also would like to have the option to run telemetry on the motor for temps on each

I would not trust any of the jeti. I would do yourself a favor and go buy futaba or a spectrum or any other brand that is on the market. Save yourself the money and the headache you will not get any customer service from these guys at all. And I know for a fact you will get it from the other guys if you have a problem. Just look at the proof I tried to work with them for a year nothing. I was sold a product that they said would work and now that it doesn’t they do not wanna fix it. So how can you trust any of their products. Forget about the telemetry and buy something that does not crash you. Spectrum and futaba now have decent telemetry.
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 04-06-2019, 01:18 AM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenjw View Post
"They were able to point out that James and Danny had both misspoke when they were explaining to me"

Only person i pointed out, was you, and that you had implied in your video, that the CB100/400 were different. I told you they all had polyfuses.

I made no reference to what Danny or James or what they said!

I told you that i got your email address from Danny. I got it in aug 2018. When you sent him videos and your CB200s. He forwarded 2 videos to me to ask what i thought about them. Your email was in the forward.

Danny never ask me to contact you. I have never even talked to James!

You and your vids were long forgotten until the other day when you posted.

I called you to try and see if i could repeat the chaos. And figure it out.

But i see the servo(s) will do the same thing on a Hitec RX with a direct bat. Loads of RF. Loads of chatter. No CB, No Jeti.

You also pointed the meter at the CB, and the meter signal was the highest, meaning the least RF. Pointed at the ail wire. The signal went down, meaning there is more RF.

No need to chase this! Even though the meter is was used backwards, its enough to see that the CB is not the root cause! Nor does this RF and chatter in that setup only happen with the CB.

As for your successes with the meter, i suggest you call MJF and check which way to point it. I called them just to make sure i was correct before posting. There not MIT professors, but they did make the meter.
So this means you’re buying my cub and all my jeti because it works great? Or are you wanting just the jeti product ? When are you stopping by to pick it up? Question what is a vids sorry do you mean video sometimes I can’t understand you Canadians. If you want to replicate my findings you’re gonna need to buy more than just one servo. Just like I said in the video not all of the servos were bad. just like I said the first time I talk to you.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:53 AM
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
So this means you’re buying my cub and all my jeti because it works great? Or are you wanting just the jeti product ? When are you stopping by to pick it up? Question what is a vids sorry do you mean video sometimes I can’t understand you Canadians. If you want to replicate my findings you’re gonna need to buy more than just one servo. Just like I said in the video not all of the servos were bad. just like I said the first time I talk to you.
Being Proudly Canadian, stereo-typically means i must apologize for everything! So i offer my deepest apologies to you and the other readers for the use of the offensive use of the slang "vids" rather than using "videos".

I would think at this point, it wouldn't be wise for us to enter into any business transactions given whats occurred this week.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
I will stand behind my findings in my video. I have been using the RF meter for over 18 years. I have been able to diagnose hundreds of problems in planes including bad ignitions, bad Servos, bad wires etc. The person who turned me onto this was the old owner of C & H ignitions. Everybody who has had me check over their plane and has seen how easy it is to find their problems, knows that a line noise analyzer does find the issue and it does work. Even in the diagram you posted it clearly shows them pointing the end of the antenna towards the problem. As I showed in the video it does work just like your diagram shows. I have even had in-depth conversations with a professors at MIT who said that I am absolutely correct in my use of the tool. ...
This is where you get 3 types of people.

1) first guy when asked questions, given criticism, offered alternative methodology goes back and thinks about it, maybe rereads his datasheets and manuals, checks with the vendors, and maybe comes back and say yep, i checked and i am 100% certain about what i said. or alternatively i did mis quoted this, or i got the specs wrong, or i didn't read the manual, maybe i used this thing wrong etc.

2) the second guy, listens but goes silent when he is confronted with something he doesn't wont to hear or doesn't want to admit.

3) the last guy, is a 100% certain, he won't spend a minute reflecting on whats offering or presented, he doesn't even go double check anything again, then doubles down on the original position

from the manual:

Name: MJF-852.png
Views: 132
Size: 56.2 KB
Description:
Last edited by cravenjw; 04-06-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Um John, why even go there. Bottom line, this is a hobby there will be disagreements, and that's just part of the game. Alternative use for equipment is just part of the game, there's no need further invoke negativity to an already sensitive subject. I'm sure at one time or another, we've all used a tool or a piece of equipment to suit our hobby.

Bottom line, there is agreement from those in the know that there is an issue with some of the CB200, this was what was gathered here.

There is also agreement that Jeti ignores communications

There is agreement that the local importer also is useless in these matters

These are the conclusions that have come out from a Jeti devotee and ex devotee's.

Now the issue is closed.
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 04-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
Just a reminder that you don’t have to deal with Esprit Model or ZB if you want to own/fly a Jeti system. There are other dealers such as ourselves

Danny
www.AeroPanda.com
danny@aeropanda.com
407-687-3126
Question, what is your return policy for the stuff that I bought from you? The items that you lied to me about the specs. Just remember guys Danny is no different then ZB. Or let’s see if he puts his money where his mouth is.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
abc
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Question, what is your return policy for the stuff that I bought from you? The items that you lied to me about the specs. Just remember guys Danny is no different then ZB. Or let’s see if he puts his money where his mouth is.
Joe,

The one telling lies here is you. You produced a series of videos that use questionable test methods and then attempt to use these videos to extort your suppliers into buying back the equipment that was sold to you in good faith along with the projects ( big cub) you intended to use these products in. You search the Internet for any related incidents to back up your claims. I have tried to help you. You originally contacted me because you were unsatisfied with the level of service you were receiving from ZB. We talked about your extra large scale projects. I recommended the CB400 and CB100 which as you have said in recent posts here have been working fine for you. You purchased these products and a few Jeti sensors from my shop AeroPanda. You received a generous discount on these products, partially because I thought your projects were cool and wanted to support your efforts but also because you told me you were “a very big guy in the large scale model airplane community and would recommend us to your many followers”. Clearly for me my relationship with you gets classified under the category of no good deed goes unpunished. I have never lied to you or mis quoted the spec on any product you have bought from us. When you contacted me about an issue you were having with some CB200’s (which were 4 years old and bought used) I spent hours on the phone with you trying to sort out what was wrong. I forwarded your videos to John to get his opinion. I personally spoke to the Jeti factory engineers about your issues when I was at the factory this past September. None of us could come to any conclusion as to why you were seeing what you showed on your videos. What more do you want? John contacted you and asked if you would share your test setup so he could try and duplicate your results. He is IMO the best equipped person I know outside of the factory to test these issue you are reporting. You blew him off. WTH!

As to statement that ZB and I are no different? This is so far off it actually had me on the floor laughing my ass off
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Last edited by F1 Rocket; 04-06-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
Joe,

The one telling lies here is you. You produced a series of videos that use questionable test methods and then attempt to use these videos to extort your suppliers into buying back the equipment that was sold to you in good faith along with the projects ( big cub) you intended to use these products in. You search the Internet for any related incidents to back up your claims. I have tried to help you. You originally contacted me because you were unsatisfied with the level of service you were receiving from ZB. We talked about your extra large scale projects. I recommended the CB400 and CB100 which as you have said in recent posts here have been working fine for you. You purchased these products and a few Jeti sensors from my shop AeroPanda. You received a generous discount on these products, partially because I thought your projects were cool and wanted to support your efforts but also because you told me you were “a very big guy in the large scale model airplane community and would recommend us to your many followers”. Clearly for me my relationship with you gets classified under the category of no good deed goes unpunished. I have never lied to you or mis quoted the spec on any product you have bought from us. When you contacted me about an issue you were having with some CB200’s (which were 4 years old and bought used) I spent hours on the phone with you trying to sort out what was wrong. I forwarded your videos to John to get his opinion. I personally spoke to the Jeti factory engineers about your issues when I was at the factory this past September. None of us could come to any conclusion as to why you were seeing what you showed on your videos. What more do you want? John contacted you and asked if you would share your test setup so he could try and duplicate your results. He is IMO the best equipped person I know outside of the factory to test these issue you are reporting. You blew him off. WTH!

As to statement that ZB and I are no different? This is so far off it actually had me on the floor laughing my ass off
The used receivers were purchased from a close friend of mine. They were brand new in the box. I paid him full price.

You did tell me that the cb400 and Cb 100 does not have the same poly fuse. James said it too. Now you’re story has changed that they are in there.

You only gave me a 10% discount. You send out 10% off coupons all the time. I have never asked for more back than what I paid.

I am not the only one who has seen and experienced problems.

Anyone that buys from you needs to know that you don’t provide support or offer returns on bad products, or on products that you supposedly test to say they are good. You even admitted that you broke one of my cb200’s and after keeping them for months you finally came clean with me that you broke it but you weren’t going to warranty it. Yes you finally did warranty it but not without me having to get upset with you about it.

I did state that the cb400 and cb100 have been working fine. The thing is the cb200 worked good too for the first few flights. Then as the poly fuses got more stressed I started to see issues. The cub that has the 400 and 100 has only had about 5 flights on it. So now knowing there are poly fuses in it I have grounded the plane. I am not willing to risk finding issues with those items in this plane. I’m not playing your game anymore.

As far as John and his testing. I tired to explain it to him but was not grasping that he could not duplicate this with his minimal amount of servos. To replicate this you need to set up a plane and stress poly fuses by flying it hard and at temperature. He was not willing to do this so his tests would be invalid.

I ask again,
What is your return policy as you sold me product that does not work for the specific application in which it was sold to me for?

I bet your wishing you had just returned it the first time I asked in the beginning of all this research and mess.
Last edited by flyrcjoe13; 04-06-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
Do you realize that they don't speak English in the Czech Republic? What do you think would happen if you write in Czech to DA asking for help? If you think you will get a reply you're kidding yourself.
Um I would think twice about that statement. It's a pretty narrow minded assumption on your part.

I hope one day you travel and see the world it's an amazing place.
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 04-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Sure did! This was before you and John were so kind to point out that the Cb 100 and Cb 400 both have poly fuses also. You see the plane only has about 5 flights on it and they were in winter weather temps. I for one am not going to play the roulette game with the jeti products in that plane any longer. You are welcome to come buy it and play that game to prove me wrong! Like I have said start putting your money where your mouth is. You live about an hour away from me so it not like it would be hard.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:05 PM
XPS
Find More Posts by XPS
XPS
CEO/Mad Scientist
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Mar 2015
379 Posts
Ask anyone in the (real) UAV industry if they use polyfuses in any type of flight control system or guidance control system.
XPS is offline Find More Posts by XPS

Quick Reply