logo
Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,313 Posts
Chris over at Extreme Flight going back to China...

I was just checking out the Extreme Flight website and noticed that he has a new message in the news.

Quote:
In the immortal words of Robert Plant-“The leaves are fallin’ all around, time I was on my way”- on my way back to China that is. Time to make the global hop back to the land of ARFs and bad Karaoke. This time I will be joined by my lovely fiancé Melissa on her first sojourn outside the U.S. I am very excited for her to experience the exotic offerings of the Orient (and those 3 dollar hour long foot and body massages are to die for!)

This trip will be dedicated to getting Jerry L. Smith’s Outlaw hyper delta wing, Jeremy Chinn’s Matchless Yak-55SP profile and the recently modified 100cc Yak (which now spans a massive 110”!) into production. My good friends at the factory will have these aircraft ready for me to fly upon my arrival and we will finalize all details and prepare to commit them to production.

Once again my mother and father, Mr. and Mrs. Louie and Judy Hinson will mind the shop while I am away. They will do their best to accommodate our customers, but please have some patience with them as they don’t know the hobby as well as Melissa and I (although my father was a P-3 Orion jock back in the day, protecting our Atlantic coast from the mighty Russian submarine fleet!). I will check in with them as much as possible and provide answers to any questions they are unable to answer.
The new 58 inch Extra 300-E should be on the waters of the Pacific by the time you read this, scheduled to arrive here mid November. This is one bad machine, and is by far the best flying plane of this size that I have flown. Look for an updated webpage shortly with all the details and several money saving combos. This one is going to be HOT!

The long awaited 88 inch 50cc Extra should ship while we are in China, putting it here well in advance of the Christmas holiday. You may want to throw some hints at your wife! Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up with one of these under your tree on Christmas morn? The Extra will feature the same unique construction and high quality hardware and features as the 88 inch Yak, and of course it will out fly anything in its class!

Now before we board the Boeing 777-300ER bound for Hong Kong, we’ve got one heck of a flying event going on down here in Georgia:
The first annual Flying Giants/Extreme Flight Hotlanta Hucktoberfest! This event will take place from October 26-28th at my home field, the Georgia Model Aviators club in Ballground GA. 3 days of down and dirty 3D Huckin! Top pilots are coming from all over the country and we are going to throw down Giants style! This is not a contest, but 3 days of fellowship, camaraderie, flying and fun. Saturday evening we will have a BBQ dinner with all the fixins, a massive bon fire, and we will light up the field so that the flying can continue well into the night. And you won’t believe what we are going to raffle off! Some lucky guy or girl will walk away with an 88 inch Yak-54 with a Brillelli 60 and muffler, 5 Hitec 5955 servos, SWB servo arms, Hitec heavy duty extensions, Pete Model’s carbon spinner and a Mejzlick 23x8 carbon prop!!! Now that’s a raffle prize! Load up your planes and come on down and join us! Click here for directions, local hotels and more details. Proof of AMA membership is required to fly. Hope to see you there!
Best wishes for a safe, healthy and happy holiday season!
See you at the flying field!
Chris Hinson
Extreme Flight RC
Two things that I interested me a BUNCH:

1) The Chinn Yak is going into production! YAY! My old EF profile Edge has seen better days. This will make an awesome replacement for it.

2) The 100cc Yak is going into production too......but not as the 104" wingspan or whatever it was.....but now its a 110" wingspan. Thats HUGE!!!! I can't wait to see this one. Freakin awesome!!!

Ooh yah, and then the shameless plus for a little Fly-In at the end.
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
La Jolla, CA USA
Joined Oct 2006
2,715 Posts
Re: Chris over at Extreme Flight going back to China...

Wow 110" for a 100cc plane, that is big. I wonder what the length is and how much it will weigh. If i know Chris, it will be a great plane.
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old 10-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by dmichael
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Jan 2006
1,050 Posts

Oh man..... I already really liked that big Yak but at 110" I got a 160 Champ sittin' in my shop just begging to be mounted on that plane.....
dmichael is offline Find More Posts by dmichael
Last edited by dmichael; 10-19-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: I said super 160 and meant 160 Champion
Old 10-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by ifly3d
zebulon,NC,USA
Joined Jan 2006
2,028 Posts

OUTLAW
OUTLAW
OUTLAW !!!!!!!
ifly3d is offline Find More Posts by ifly3d
Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by BR289
Pro Pit Biotch
United States, PA, Whitehall
Joined Jan 2006
4,073 Posts

Chris is always looking to make the best even better.....Even if he has to go to China 50 times a year to make sure things are done right. The planes he is putting on the market are always Top Notch.......
Best customer service in the business too!
Blair
BR289 is offline Find More Posts by BR289
Old 10-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by bigredav2002
Joined Jan 2006
180 Posts

OUTLAWS YEAH PUT ME DOWN FOR AT LEAST 3. THEN I CAN BE JUST LIKE THE TRAVELING CIRCUS GUYS.
CANT WAIT
WES
bigredav2002 is offline Find More Posts by bigredav2002
Old 10-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly3d View Post
OUTLAW
OUTLAW
OUTLAW !!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself! At least one or two for me...

50%
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by Pale Rider
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
1,372 Posts

Where on the website does it say this ?
Pale Rider is offline Find More Posts by Pale Rider
Old 10-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,313 Posts

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/news.html
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
1,372 Posts

must be something on my end cause I dont get the new message--still shows the old one...no that I dont believe it but I wonder why it doesn't show ?

edit--I tried using IE and the new message comes up but not when I use Firefox --wierd!!
Last edited by Pale Rider; 10-12-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by DoubleA
DUMMY TERMS PLEASE!
Halifax,NC
Joined Jul 2007
1,209 Posts

hey chris all the pre ordered yaks including mine are they the 110". just checking and how about that
outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DoubleA is offline Find More Posts by DoubleA
Old 10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,338 Posts

Yes, they will all be 110". Someone on another site said that it needed to have this much wing to be proportionately IMAC legal??? According to other specs I read, the length, from tip of rudder to tip of spinner (mind you that a scale Yak has no spinner, is 103". He is using an Ultimate style spinner on the proto, which I bet stands out a good 6" from the front of the cowl, so the actual length is only about 96".
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there an allowable 10% deviation for IMAC? And who really goes out there with a protractor and measuring tape before allowing someone to compete? I know they didn't at The Shootout. I like planes to have wings as short as possible while having tail moments as long as possible. I think anyone would agree that short-coupled planes with big wings look goofy...
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Old 10-12-2007, 06:11 PM
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
1,372 Posts

Im sure Chris will make sure it doesn't look goofy
Old 10-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT CEO
Cumming, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
1,363 Posts

bodywerks, the fuselage is as long as is allowed for the given wingspan to be competition legal. 3 inches additional per wing panel is hardly noticeable. Thanks for your concern however.

Mind you, these scale Yaks have spinners!
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
1,372 Posts

Chris---still looking at the end of Nov for delivery ?

Quick Reply