Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by The Flyin Hawaiian
I Fly, therefore I Am!
3D Party in Daytona!!!
Joined Jan 2006
998 Posts
Team Extreme at Roar & Soar / Fantasy of Flight

Hey all!

Team Extreme in Orlando Florida had the complete privlage and honor of participating in an inaugural event (and the first of its kind ) at the "Fastasy of Flight" Aviation Museam owned and operated by the legendary Kermit Weeks.

Video of my Demo Flight by JP Media : https://www.flyinggiants.com/gallery...hp?photo=37092

The Museum itself is very modern and clean facility with some of the most gorgeous aircraft in prestine condition. This event called "Roar & Soar",is unlike any that I have ever attended, much less participate in. During the course of two days (Nov 10-11) they featured, of course full scale aerobtics, rare civilian & warbird planes on display and flying, exotic car show & on site autocross course, exotic boat show & racing on the lake, and last but not least an Giant Scale Remote control venue. "Bob's Hobby Center at Steve's Hangar" in Orlando, Florida was the direct contact with Kermit Weeks, and in turn they invited me and about 25-30 pilots to put on an RC Show, the first of its kind at "Fantasy of Flight". Pilots range from Warbirds, Civilian, Jet powered, and aerobatic aircraft, whom all are experts of some kind, in this awesome hobby. And the weather could not be better for this event. 3D action was the best, of course The crowd just loved it. There were plenty of ooohs and aaaahhhhs along with applause for who ever was flying. My wife and I had a blast! Kermit says that the RC venue was the hit of the Weekend. We got to fly a lot (about 5-6 flights a day) and we got to check out the other venues. Feed back from this event was so positive that Kermit is going to do another event soon just for RC aircraft. Check out Fastasy of Flight often at this LINK http://www.fantasyofflight.com/ for date and times.
The Flyin Hawaiian is offline Find More Posts by The Flyin Hawaiian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I Fly, therefore I Am!
3D Party in Daytona!!!
Joined Jan 2006
998 Posts
Re: Team Extreme at Roar & Soar / Fantasy of Flight

Here is another video that Team Flyin' Hawaiian (my wife and I) put together.

Team Extreme at Roar & Soar / Fantasy of Flight (4 min 20 sec)
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by hovermaster
Tooele, UT
Joined Jan 2006
341 Posts

Thats pretty awesome there Rennie, that looks like a really cool place. I love that kinda stuff. Also... you sure did some fancy flying in them there video's lol. keep it up mang.

Chris
hovermaster is offline Find More Posts by hovermaster
Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by whiteknuckleairlines
Easy like Sunday morning...
Suwanee, GA.
Joined Jan 2006
2,316 Posts

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! you couldn't have gotten any closer than that wingtip scrub! Nice flying!
whiteknuckleairlines is offline Find More Posts by whiteknuckleairlines
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I Fly, therefore I Am!
3D Party in Daytona!!!
Joined Jan 2006
998 Posts

Thanks dudes,

I broke in my new JR X9303 2.4G radio, and I must say what a difference from my 72 mhz 9303 Radio. It was kinda breezy too, but It was like I was ahead of all my manuevers and very connected feel!

That was a great time by all, especially me!
Like I said, it was an honor to be able take part in that event!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,131 Posts

Was that at the real fantasy of flight musem in florida?? because i have been there and I never known of any rc fun flys that were held actually at the musem.

Neil
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Old 01-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by Backyardace
Flyin' Around
Florida
Joined Jan 2007
10 Posts

Hawaiian pictures from the event
Backyardace is offline Find More Posts by Backyardace