logo
This thread is privately moderated by 03fomoco, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts
Re: American Airlines, Ford Trucks, 135 a barrel, getting nervous here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
alrighty then.......(3dguy) we good, we's all good!

let's get her going again guys... there's alot to discuss with the russian pres saying that our political machine created the disturbance between russia and georgia to aid in the debatable issues for our candidates! probably not the case...BUT.... i wonder just how many squirmishes were started by our political machine to create needs or lack thereof? broad topic i know, i just wanted to throw it out there due to the statements made this morning by the ruskie.
Concerning Georgia . .South Ossetiia has beena hot bed of contention since Georgia broke away from the Soviet Union. There are actually 3 "autonomous regions" of Georgia. .South Ossetia (mostly Russian speakers), Abkhazetia (Again, Russian speakers, ethnic non-Georgians), and Ajara (Mostly Muslim, like Turkey). Russia has been fomenting resistance movement and autonomous factions in the first two regions since Georgia left the USSR, in an attempt to undermine the Georgian Government and break off strategic areas (Like South Ossetia, right next to where the oil pipelines run, and would strangle Europes only source of oil/gas that is directly pumped, and outside the Russian federation) in order to leverage cooperation from the Georgian Government and return it to the status as a Puppet of Russia. This is to counter NATO, which has Turkey right next to Georgia.

All Georgia did was to go after the subversive movement in South Ossetia, which is supported by the Russian Army. Russia, being Russia. .did what the Russkies do best. . invade and bully the Georgians and put the fear of God into them so that they will play ball with Russia instead of NATO. BTW. . Georgia was making moves toward joining NATO as well, so this move was kind of critical for the Russians to quash that idea ASAP. Vlad the impaler Putins statement about how the US and NATO are causig the problem is typical Russian misinformation and propoganda, and if you will notice the reaction from the Asian Alliance (silence or mild condemnation for Russians invasion of Georgia) effectively gives Russia no allies in this endeavor

Anyone notice how quickly the Russians shut up after they threatened to nuke Poland if the Poles got our Missile Defense System in place? About two days of bombast and rhetoric, then they realized that any move against Poland (a NATO country) would start WW3. The Poles told them to stick it. . probably hinted at a couple of US missle boats off the Polish coast, and the Russians backed down.

How much you wanna bet. . inside a year Georgia asks for, and is granted membership into, NATO?
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
11,550 Posts

Word is that the pilot in the video was a real d!ck. At least that's what I heard.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, KY, Fort Mitchell
Joined Feb 2006
10,849 Posts

Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Last edited by Craven; 08-29-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by smokin
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

craven... change the avitar pic slogan to "FRO" Choice! i like that one too!
matt
smokin is offline Find More Posts by smokin
Old 08-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Joined Feb 2006
10,849 Posts

I feel like GOD just spoke to me tonight.

We're in deep sh$t!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:22 PM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

did you see that crap on the tv tonite? what a bunch of rhetoric that does NOTHING! they were saying after obummer's speech that he made 29 specific points on areas of change...... i noticed nothing but blames....no plans to overcome....just blame. the usual sh*t. when he had the gall to challenge mccain to a military/commander in chief capability debate i about shat my pants! BOLD! i know the south side of chicago can be a bit rough but it's no POW camp!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Lurker
Antioch, Tennessee, USA
Joined Jan 2008
14,179 Posts

How are they going to fund universal health care?
3Dguy is offline Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Old 08-29-2008, 12:04 AM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dguy View Post
How are they going to fund universal health care?

tax bucks, how else. free health care is only free to the welfare type recipients. it costs me a TON of $$$$$. make sure that your generation is ready to pay for just about anyone that doesn't wish to work....that's where we are headed!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Lurker
Antioch, Tennessee, USA
Joined Jan 2008
14,179 Posts

Funny how that little tidbit is always left out.
3Dguy is offline Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Old 08-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
11,550 Posts

Yes, Obama plans to raise taxes. Here are his and McCain's plans side by side:

So, show of hands, how many here will see their taxes go up?? That would be those of you making more than $603,402 per year. So I can see the cause for alarm. And I really feel sorry for you poor ba$tards making over 2.87 million dollars, you're going to be screwed bad.

Quote:
According to a new analysis by the Tax Policy Center, a joint project of the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution, Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain are both proposing tax plans that would result in cuts for most American families. Obama's plan gives the biggest cuts to those who make the least, while McCain would give the largest cuts to the very wealthy. For the approximately 147,000 families that make up the top 0.1 percent of the income scale, the difference between the two plans is stark. While McCain offers a $269,364 tax cut, Obama would raise their taxes, on average, by $701,885 - a difference of nearly $1 million.
What amuses me to no end is how effectively the GOP can muster the support of the huge majority of you who will not be affected by Obama's tax increase by trying to scare you into thinking you will be hurt. In fact, Obama will give you more back than McCain while McCain plans to give HUGE breaks to his rich friends.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by JimC-MD
Drakien is my hero
Frederick, Maryland
Joined Aug 2006
1,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
So, show of hands, how many here will see their taxes go up?? That would be those of you making more than $603,402 per year. So I can see the cause for alarm. And I really feel sorry for you poor ba making over 2.87 million dollars, you're going to be screwed bad.

What amuses me to no end is how effectively the GOP can muster the support of the huge majority of you who will not be affected by Obama's tax increase by trying to scare you into thinking you will be hurt. In fact, Obama will give you more back than McCain while McCain plans to give HUGE breaks to his rich friends.
Nothing is absolute. Income tax plans have one effect, but less to do with the cost of other things and how they are effected by policy. Corp tax rates, taxes on items of interest, regulation, etc all have an effect on the cost of items we live off of. Most people are to ignorant to understand the concept of hidden tax.

The other thing that is interesting to me. The D party is supposed to be all about equal justice and everyone is the same under the law......... Right up to the point where you have more than they do.

Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of jobs out there are not provided by those with incomes in the lower end of the scale. When was the last time you were hired by a person making under 200k? If you were, was it a good paying job with some stability, or were you painting the garage today?
JimC-MD is offline Find More Posts by JimC-MD
Old 08-29-2008, 08:43 AM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,426 Posts

Judge, I only have a second to respond, then it is off to work.
How many less fortunate people do you see employing others? None. So if you want more jobs and a high employment rate you better give the breaks to the corps and other small businessmen. Last time I read something like 90 percent of the taxes were being paid by the top 5 percent of the wage earners and corporations combined. (I might be off on the percents) It already sounds to me they pay their fair share. If I have time I will post what I read in the journal the other day.
RTK is offline Find More Posts by RTK
Last edited by RTK; 08-29-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Joined Feb 2006
10,849 Posts

I fainted last night when Judge's Messiah spoke.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Yes, Obama plans to raise taxes. Here are his and McCain's plans side by side:

So, show of hands, how many here will see their taxes go up?? That would be those of you making more than $603,402 per year. So I can see the cause for alarm. And I really feel sorry for you poor ba making over 2.87 million dollars, you're going to be screwed bad.

Bill. . something you seem to have forgotten. . . People who make less than about $18,000 pay NO TAXES!!!!!!!!!! How are they gonna get a tax break if they are already paying ZERO??? the tax brackets under 40K already pay less than 15% of their income in Federal Income tax. . .and the people over 250K pay slmost 25-26%.

Who is payinig the taxes in this country? If you make over $60,000, you are in the group that is paying 85% of the countries Income Tax .. .

To be succinct. . you can't give MORE of a tax break to people who pay NO TAXES already. . . How do you give 5.5% less than ZERO???

And, Bill. . most of us are smart enough to not fall for the "Class warfare" tactics of the LEFT. . Obama is trying to bribe voters with something they will not even realize or get a gain out of. . I despise people trying to bribe me.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Well this should get the fur flying! LOL

http://www.newser.com/story/36165/mc...-for-veep.html

The Republican Vice President pick.
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Last edited by Al Lewis; 08-29-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply