logo
Old 08-14-2020, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
Working in Ag I can tell you that the studies show cows farting/burping contribute a very small fraction of methane to the atmosphere. There are other sources such as landfills that contribute more. The notion that removing animal agriculture would significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions is largely driven by vegan groups.
Good thing Im doing my part to try to reduce the animal emissions. I'm eating the cow and pig!!
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-14-2020, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
OK Guys... Let's not stray into off-topics.
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Old 08-14-2020, 08:13 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
On another note: Look for a soon to come announcement of a combined IMAC/F3S event in (Hinesville GA) coming in October!!
Old 08-17-2020, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
This combined event....would one be able to compete in both?

I'm steps closer to my jet being done. I did a bunch more engine starts and its running consistently now. Unfortunately I had to remove the turbine and the tail pipe so I can run the wiring cleanly for the gear/flaps/rudder/elevators. So I started making custom length extensions and wrapping things in snakeskin and keeping them tucked along the fuse wall and away from hot exhaust parts.

Then I sanded down and primed the tail surfaces and the Nose cone. I have a little fill work to do but they are pretty much ready for rivets and cleanup on the panel lines. My paint arrived, so I'm itching to get this thing painted the correct colors.

I have a few more wires to run and then I need to break out the XiCoy balancer and see exactly where my batteries need to go....and of course my smoke pump.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 08-17-2020, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by kwilson
Drone pilot since 1979
Jacksonville, FL
Joined May 2006
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
I do believe so! Primo is planning on making the Regionals an open contest this year instead of the invitational because so many have not been to a contest. I am not sure if the jet contest is open, but would assume it is.
kwilson is offline Find More Posts by kwilson
Old 08-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Not that I can get to any contests this year, but it would be neat to be able to do IMAC and F3S in the same day
Old 08-17-2020, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by kwilson
Drone pilot since 1979
Jacksonville, FL
Joined May 2006
1,242 Posts
If we can get a flyer, I will post it at my club. A lot of guys have gotten into jets, mostly EDF, but a couple of turbines too.
kwilson is offline Find More Posts by kwilson
Old 08-17-2020, 11:04 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

I'm steps closer to my jet being done. I did a bunch more engine starts and its running consistently now. Unfortunately I had to remove the turbine and the tail pipe so I can run the wiring cleanly for the gear/flaps/rudder/elevators. So I started making custom length extensions and wrapping things in snakeskin and keeping them tucked along the fuse wall and away from hot exhaust parts.

Then I sanded down and primed the tail surfaces and the Nose cone. I have a little fill work to do but they are pretty much ready for rivets and cleanup on the panel lines. My paint arrived, so I'm itching to get this thing painted the correct colors.

I have a few more wires to run and then I need to break out the XiCoy balancer and see exactly where my batteries need to go....and of course my smoke pump.
Looks like you're moving ahead and will get there in due time.

As Kevin indicated above, YES... a pilot will be able to compete in both IMAC and F3S.

There are two issues that we have to overcome:
1) Initially, Primo wanted to have the event on Oct 30-Nov 1. That same weekend the Top Gun event in FL will be held and several pilots will be attending that event as competitors/spectators. So Primo decided to revert to the following weekend (Nov 6,7 & 8th.) Unfortunately, the Hinesville Sky Ranch is booked out on those dates, So we are checking with Mac Hodges in Americus GA to see if we can get those dates.
2) Because of the possible amount of attendees, and with 5 classes already accounted for in IMAC, the F3S class can only accommodate one class. This, more than likely, will be the turbine class and not the EDF. But... we have to be realistic. Next year, if all goes well, we will be having our own events and will then be able to cater to all jet classes!
Wayne
Old 08-17-2020, 11:06 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson View Post
If we can get a flyer, I will post it at my club. A lot of guys have gotten into jets, mostly EDF, but a couple of turbines too.
THANKS Kevin.

We are working on the flyer, but until we have a venue ironed out, we can't progress further.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by Slats!
Joined Dec 2008
1,287 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on a Jet with thrust vectoring that a Behotec 220 could slide into.

No Sebart - absolutely the worst quality I have ever owned. The wing exploded and its a write off. The kit had too many flaws to list. It was a consistent battle.

Thinking of the Krill Avanti but its pretty much the same thing. My Sebart had the balsa wings though.

I guess there is the comp arf J10 but it seems 3d purposed.

Any suggestions would be great. I wish Carf had a little smaller Mephisto.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Last edited by Slats!; 08-17-2020 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:28 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on a Jet with thrust vectoring that a Behotec 220 could slide into.

No Sebart - absolutely the worst quality I have ever owned. The wing exploded and its a write off. The kit had too many flaws to list. It was a consistent battle.

Thinking of the Krill Avanti but its pretty much the same thing. My Sebart had the balsa wings though.

That is a really unfortunate incident. We know how you feel.
I've seen Matt & Archie fly their FUTURAS with a TV and they did pretty well with it. I haven't seen one on a Rebel as yet, so I don't know how it would perform with that aircraft. Hopefully, most of your other equipment can be saved?
W
Old 08-18-2020, 08:33 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
I got a "heads up" from Matt this morning. In actuality, the F3S class sequence can also be entered by an EDF aircraft. So, it is not restricted to turbines only.

The real issue would be, IF the EDF aircraft can last for 13 maneuvers without "gasping" for electrons!
Old 08-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
I got a "heads up" from Matt this morning. In actuality, the F3S class sequence can also be entered by an EDF aircraft. So, it is not restricted to turbines only.

The real issue would be, IF the EDF aircraft can last for 13 maneuvers without "gasping" for electrons!
Better do them fast (or slow to save on fuel)
Old 08-18-2020, 10:04 AM
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
Looks like you're moving ahead and will get there in due time.
Some days its slow (like last night). I was filling some flaws on the tail and it just wasn't making me happy with the results.

I did just get my replenished JR connector kit so I can finish my extensions for the gear, flaps and ailerons. I'm still on track to maiden in September.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post

Look at Pilot. I forget what bird it is, Predator maybe, but my buddy Dan Bierly has one. But I think he has the KT 260 in his. It is ballastic!
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle

Quick Reply