logo
Old 10-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by billpilotca
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
Discussion
GT500 A123 Charge V / Cell

Have searched the forums but cannot find the answer to this. I just received a GT500 Duo charger and was setting it up to charge my LiFePO4 battery packs - all 2 cell packs / 2500 mah.

When you set up the parameters for LiFePO4 the default Charge V / Cell is 3.65 V. I am used to charging my packs to 7.20 V at full. Was wondering if the default setting in the GT500 is on purpose or perhaps based on their charging methodology / algorithm.

I did change to 3.6 V / cell and hooked it up to a pack that was about 3/4 charged. It topped out as done at 7.14 V and I noticed the cells were slightly different, maybe 3.6 for one and 3.45 for the other. At that point I had not changed the settings to mandatory balance so that likely would account for the pack topping out as done at 7.14

My question is really the 3.65 Charge V / cell. Since that is the default should I just set it back to that or change it to 3.6 V ?

I cannot see an answer in the GT500 manual that I downloaded. I also sent a message to support at Revolectrix and got a response that someone in tech support would answer. But that was 24 hours ago. No response yet. likely due to the weekend.
billpilotca is offline Find More Posts by billpilotca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by billpilotca
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
Got my answer from Revolectrix - leave it at 3.65 Charge V / cell

Just sharing in case this is helpful for someone else
billpilotca is offline Find More Posts by billpilotca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message