logo
Old 06-08-2022, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by Jason T
Canada, ON, Sudbury
Joined Sep 2015
373 Posts
I am holding out for a nice 150-170cc offering. I think Mark is the man to pull out an airframe that will be top notch!
Jason T is offline Find More Posts by Jason T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-08-2022, 07:54 AM
Find More Posts by Mark Dennis
Robot Babysitter
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2006
1,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb48 View Post
Still holding out hope….maybe I shouldn’t be….lol
Unfortunately this whole project was abandoned. Between the Covid shutdowns, insane rising costs in shipping, raw materials, and labor there's really no way to make a profitable business as a startup. I honestly have gained even more respect for the likes Of Chris/Ben at EF, Tim at NWRC, and Andrew at AJ Aircraft for what they've been able to do during these exceptionally difficult times. There's just no way I can see a profitable outcome in the hobby market today, the days of even 50% markup on airframes are long gone and I don't ever see that returning.

While this entire thing was a great learning experience for me, my biggest takeaway was that the companies mentioned above need our support now more than ever. We need these dedicated individuals to keep our hobby going because without them our options would be sub par at best.
Mark Dennis is offline Find More Posts by Mark Dennis
Old 06-08-2022, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by Swampflier
Costa Rica, San José Province, San José
Joined Feb 2007
653 Posts
Agreed wholeheartedly Dennis, and deeply sorry the project couldn't come to fruition.
Besides the above-mentioned companies, let's not forget the (fewer and fewer) hobbyshops still in business... like Graves RC and others, that also need our support.
REgards,
Patrick
Swampflier is offline Find More Posts by Swampflier
Old 06-09-2022, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Geaux Lower!
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Oct 2010
892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dennis View Post
Unfortunately this whole project was abandoned. Between the Covid shutdowns, insane rising costs in shipping, raw materials, and labor there's really no way to make a profitable business as a startup. I honestly have gained even more respect for the likes Of Chris/Ben at EF, Tim at NWRC, and Andrew at AJ Aircraft for what they've been able to do during these exceptionally difficult times. There's just no way I can see a profitable outcome in the hobby market today, the days of even 50% markup on airframes are long gone and I don't ever see that returning.

While this entire thing was a great learning experience for me, my biggest takeaway was that the companies mentioned above need our support now more than ever. We need these dedicated individuals to keep our hobby going because without them our options would be sub par at best.
Thanks for the reply, It sucks but I understand your reasonings. Hopefully sometime down the road things will slow down and maybe we can see your company putting some airframes on the market.
cherrybomb48 is offline Find More Posts by cherrybomb48

Quick Reply