logo
Old 04-08-2021, 03:39 PM
Find More Posts by bullardrm
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
371 Posts
Discussion
Power Box Spark

I have a power box ignition cut off. Cannot get it to work. Have power and connected to receiver good. Servo will work on the channel but not the power box. Have adjusted signal limits to 100+ and 100-. Using a Futaba 14MZ radio. any suggestions that I can try?
bullardrm is offline Find More Posts by bullardrm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-08-2021, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by DuaneV
Fibertech n' More
United States, IA
Joined Jan 2006
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullardrm View Post
I have a power box ignition cut off. Cannot get it to work. Have power and connected to receiver good. Servo will work on the channel but not the power box. Have adjusted signal limits to 100+ and 100-. Using a Futaba 14MZ radio. any suggestions that I can try?
You want to have your travel at 0 to 100+ or 0 to 100- for safe mode.
DuaneV is offline Find More Posts by DuaneV
Old 04-08-2021, 05:03 PM
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
371 Posts
I called Power Box and they explained that due to me having a Futaba, i would have to set up a curve to get negative number. I have tried that but still cant get it to work.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:53 PM
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
371 Posts
Ok just adjusted my TX to the settings as above. No change. I have checked all the inputs and they are as should be. Power in from battery and receiver at 6 volts. Output to ignition is zero. Im starting to think the PB has gone dead.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullardrm View Post
Ok just adjusted my TX to the settings as above. No change. I have checked all the inputs and they are as should be. Power in from battery and receiver at 6 volts. Output to ignition is zero. Im starting to think the PB has gone dead.

The "output to ignition" was the question in my mind... since you apparently checked that, you answered my question before I even asked...

... reason for my question is, the LED's on these types of devices can and do burn out occasionally, and the ignitions still work fine, only your LED indicator won't tell you when it's armed.

... but since you've checked the actual output from the device... hmm.... I got nothin'.... other then try another channel, or try another ign device (or anything else) in that channel. TechAero always comes to mind. I'm hooked on those.

Good luck with it.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Old 04-09-2021, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,262 Posts
My guess is the radio configuration is wrong but without the radio and plane in my hand its hard to tell.

Make sure the switch is in normal mode and that you're going from center of the channels throw to the full throw in the proper direction. Not sure what the Futaba numbers equate to.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey

Quick Reply