Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts
Re: 2008 Polar Bear, Invitation, Kickoff Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
No speculating Al, just show up and fly. We're all in the same boat. Besides, if you practice with Kyle and his buddies, then you are probably sandbagging! You, most likely, fly awesome. At the very least, you'll have a blast!!!
No, honest, I really suck!! I just enjoy it! I'm sure I'll get better one day but not today! LOL
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by dqman40rock
Can you go lower?
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Sep 2006
682 Posts

i could cd
in november december janurary februrary and march.
dqman40rock is offline Find More Posts by dqman40rock
Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by Rainman
Rainman
Bonney Lake, WA.
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts

Yes you could pal. All you have to do is get on our website and get the test off it , take the test and send it in with references. You would be a good CD. We need more CD.s, let's get crackin! Go Predator go....
Rainman is offline Find More Posts by Rainman
Old 02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Rainman
Bonney Lake, WA.
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts

So, I have a question, who is planning to bring their RV? There is a grey water dump a few hundred yards away. Also, if you are flying in the contest and wish to practice at the field, then Rick says it would be okay. Please just give us an advance notice and it can be worked out.

Al, there are no trees to worry about here and you have plenty of room and visibility to get comfortable with your plane. I remember my first contest. I am certain I would have flown better if I would have thrown-up first! Ha! Don't sweat it though, it will all be fun.

How about you Nick, is your plane finished? If so, have you flown it since the mishap? Judging from the last time I saw you fly, your gonna be tough. You will be staying at the field, won't you? You are another guy that should work on becoming a CD.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Rainman
Bonney Lake, WA.
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan767 View Post
Darren,

So does this mean you'll start the first Northwest IMAC winter challenge for next February? I can see it now, Darren Kuhn, Contest Director......!

Chilly-IMAC anyone?

A few canopies, hot coffee and a break in the weather, and we're flyin'!

Dan, you're gonna fly the Polar Bear right? How's your plane handling? Is yours the KIWI edge or Extra 260? I want one, it is a gorgeous plane! Right now however; my wife has cut me off . The flip side of that coin is her floors are almost done, so..... who knows what the future might bring . Hopefully not a longer "honey-do list."
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by Dan767
That's at least a 9
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Jan 2006
2,854 Posts

Mike,

Extra 260. I will be at the Polar Bear. Airplane is flying great, I have two new props to try when the weather gives us a break.
Dan767 is offline Find More Posts by Dan767
Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by catboater
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Jan 2007
118 Posts

Hey guys,
Chris Strasbourg here. If the Boy Scouts don't interupt our plans, Matt and I will be there.
Matt's got a new airplane and is moving up to Intermediate. He hasn't got to fly it much since Santa dropped it off, but when he does fly, the difference between that and his small plane is huge. The weather has just stunk every weekend when we've been able to go the field, so the contest might turn into a practice session for him.
I don't see what the hurry is to move up, but he really wants to so, we'll see how it goes.
Until then, PLEASE let it STOP raining!!!
catboater is offline Find More Posts by catboater
Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Great news!!! It stopped raining!! We have 2 inches of snow in the last two hours. Oh Joy!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Find More Posts by fun2fly3d
Gettin' Lower....OOPs TOO LOW
Vancouver, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
803 Posts

Hey Fellas,

The weather is no better in the Portland/Vancouver area either. If its not 30 deg and 30 mph wind in the gorge then its 35 degrees, raining, and 30mph winds out of the gorge. I tried to fly today, I spent 4 hours at the field and flew 2 times the last flight it was raining and I was using one of thoes radio bag,stick your hands in it thingys. Not to good to try to practice anything.

Im all for a Mid January IMAC opener...I would be happy to help.
Oh..Mike.... Did I forget to tell you that the change of dates for the Polar Bear is killing me? I cant get the wife to watch the lions and tigers that weekend! LOL

Sorry I wont be there.....

Vince
fun2fly3d is offline Find More Posts by fun2fly3d
Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by dqman40rock
Can you go lower?
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Sep 2006
682 Posts

Chris,
Matt looks ready to me. If he has a bigger plane combined with his geometry he is going to be great intermediate pilot.
Al,
My first contest was at Olympia where I flew basic and lost big. Thats where i got the bug. Be careful. Its a hideious bug. A mean bug. A monster bug that will devour you and your family. It will make you insane. You wont be able to sleep at night.
You might even find yourself talking about contests months before they begin.
Darren
dqman40rock is offline Find More Posts by dqman40rock
Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Rainman
Bonney Lake, WA.
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan767 View Post
Mike,

Extra 260. I will be at the Polar Bear. Airplane is flying great, I have two new props to try when the weather gives us a break.
This is great news Dan, I look forward to flying with you. As far as the weather giving us a break, I figure about March 25th, it'll let up! Ha!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Which Extra 260 are you going to fly? I just finished the Aviation Models 30% and plan on flying that. I could sure use some setup tips for IMAC.

http://media.putfile.com/Final-Trim-Flight
Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by FastnLow
Joined Feb 2006
614 Posts

I'm gonna really try to make this one, it's 1.5 months before our first Canadian contest. If work cooperates I'm there!
FastnLow is offline Find More Posts by FastnLow
Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Rainman
Bonney Lake, WA.
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by catboater View Post
Hey guys,
Chris Strasbourg here. If the Boy Scouts don't interupt our plans, Matt and I will be there.
Matt's got a new airplane and is moving up to Intermediate. He hasn't got to fly it much since Santa dropped it off, but when he does fly, the difference between that and his small plane is huge. The weather has just stunk every weekend when we've been able to go the field, so the contest might turn into a practice session for him.
I don't see what the hurry is to move up, but he really wants to so, we'll see how it goes.
Until then, PLEASE let it STOP raining!!!
Hi Chris, it's good to hear from you. The plane must be a suprise as you have yet to tell us what it is, so....., I won't ask, however; I am with Darrin, it doesn't matter what Matt flys he's awesome! It would be like a pool player playing with a crooked que, he would still kick bootie. It'll be fun to have you guys there. Thanks for all the nice clothing, the hat is kool. Santa is pretty nice, any way I can get into the family Will?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Rainman
Bonney Lake, WA.
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastnLow View Post
I'm gonna really try to make this one, it's 1.5 months before our first Canadian contest. If work cooperates I'm there!
Yeah, that's what I like to hear. By the way, if that picture is of the plane your flying, then I want one ! What class are you flying? Just plan on coming and we'll ,see you there.

Quick Reply