logo
Old 10-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by Futabaman
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Jan 2006
606 Posts
Thank you all for the interest in the XFC, as it's gratifying to hear that the hobby still wants to have/support events like this. For me personally, there have been some life changes, and taking a year off has done wonders. Hopefully, this will put to rest some of the rumors that have been circulating around as to what the future holds....

Is there going to be another XFC? YES, providing there's sufficient industry and non-industry support.

Will it remain the same? In some respects, yes. As was mentioned in this thread numerous times, the hobby and flying style changes forces event directors (including myself) to make changes to the criteria and event to keep it interesting for the participants as well as the spectators. The XFC has always been part competition/part show. With that in mind, the event will keep evolving with new and fresh ideas.

Will it keep the same format? Mostly but I have had a year to determine what, when and where to make the changes. I've discussed some ideas with some prominent competitors on both sides to evaluate all the angles that would be affected. I think we've come up with something that will spark both sides and elevate the XFC to another level. Stay tuned as to what they are!

Before everybody asks when/where/how, nothing has been set in stone yet. Even the name might change..... who knows!!! All I can say is that the XFC has and always been a love of mine to direct, and my heart is still in it. There has been no monetary gain for me since it's inception, and will stay that way. The thought has always been to give back to the competitors/supporters, as it's not easy logistically wise to get to these type events.

To make it work as I mentioned above, it'll take a huge amount of support from sponsors to make it go so start thinking about how you can help!
Futabaman is offline Find More Posts by Futabaman
Last edited by Futabaman; 10-31-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by Surfer Dude
Team JR Propo
Antarctica
Joined Jan 2006
704 Posts
Very cool to see!
Surfer Dude is offline Find More Posts by Surfer Dude
Old 10-30-2017, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futabaman View Post
Thank you all for the interest in the XFC, as it's gratifying to hear that the hobby still wants to have/support events like this. For me personally, there have been some life changes and taking a year off has done wonders. Hopefully, this will put to rest some of the rumors that have been circulating around as to what the future holds....

Is there going to be another XFC? YES, providing there's sufficient industry and non-industry support.

Will it remain the same? In some respects, yes. As was mentioned in this thread numerous times, the hobby and flying style changes and forces event directors such as myself to make changes to the criteria and event to keep it interesting for the participants as well as the spectators. The XFC has always been part competition/part show. With that in mind, the event will keep evolving with new and fresh ideas.

Will it keep the same format? Mostly but I have had a year to determine what, when and where to make the changes. I've discussed some ideas with some prominent competitors on both sides to evaluate all the angles that would be affected. I think we've come up with something that will spark both sides and elevate the XFC to another level. Stay tuned as to what they are!

Before everybody asks when/where/how, nothing has been set in stone yet. Even the name might change..... who knows!!! All I can say is that the XFC has and always been a love of mine to direct, and my heart is still in it. There has been no monetary gain for me since it's inception, and will stay that way. The thought has always been to give back to the competitors/supporters, as it's not easy logistically wise to get to these type events.

To make it work as I mentioned above, it'll take a huge amount of support from sponsors to make it go so start thinking about how you can help!
Awesome news! Glad to see the ball moving forward again after your hiatus, welcome back!
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 10-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futabaman View Post
Thank you all for the interest in the XFC, as it's gratifying to hear that the hobby still wants to have/support events like this. For me personally, there have been some life changes and taking a year off has done wonders. Hopefully, this will put to rest some of the rumors that have been circulating around as to what the future holds....

Will it remain the same? In some respects, yes. As was mentioned in this thread numerous times, the hobby and flying style changes and forces event directors such as myself to make changes to the criteria and event to keep it interesting for the participants as well as the spectators. The XFC has always been part competition/part show. With that in mind, the event will keep evolving with new and fresh ideas.

That is great news Frank, I hope it works out. You have put huge efforts into keeping it going this long if it goes further fantastic.
Jeff Williams
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 10-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Find More Posts by dbishw92
United States, IL, Donovan
Joined Dec 2014
295 Posts
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome It was the one event I tried to make it to every year good luck on getting it going again.
dbishw92 is offline Find More Posts by dbishw92
Old 10-31-2017, 04:20 AM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
XFC had been my vacation trip for the last seven years of the competition. This is great news!
Tankd is offline Find More Posts by Tankd
Old 11-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by scottsala
Joined Nov 2007
22 Posts
Yes, I'm also very happy that the XFC will go on. Great event...It is amazing to see in person. Thanks Frank!!
scottsala is offline Find More Posts by scottsala
Old 11-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by flybaby505
AmericanSpectre
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Jan 2006
748 Posts
Frank, you D'aaa man!
flybaby505 is offline Find More Posts by flybaby505
Old 02-24-2018, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by wi53072
United States, WI, Pewaukee
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Any truth to the rumor a new XFC like event is going to happen in Wisconsin this upcoming summer? In Waukesha?
wi53072 is offline Find More Posts by wi53072
Old 06-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by Futabaman
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Jan 2006
606 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/13991965274...979925151/?t=0
Futabaman is offline Find More Posts by Futabaman
Old 06-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Gettin better 1 crash@ a time!
Cody WY
Joined Apr 2009
1,890 Posts
Cool--glad to see it! I believe it's good for the RC industry to have a few "halo" events to promote the hobby and the best pilots and equipment
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old 06-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by dshriver
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Oct 2014
1,165 Posts
Awesome news!!!
dshriver is offline Find More Posts by dshriver
Old 06-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Find More Posts by flybaby505