logo
Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by ricmussman
Uniontown, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
Re: NCFR Hook Field IMAC Challenge (Ric's Contest)

Really?!?! Of all people. Thievery? Planning? Sober up and give me a call.
ricmussman is offline Find More Posts by ricmussman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Feb 2006
10,852 Posts

Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Last edited by Craven; 06-29-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by ricmussman
Uniontown, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts

You seem to be mis-informed. Our club only ever profieted off of the IMAC event. Plus audits were done and all was accounted for. I think you should stop before something regretable is posted. I love my NCFR family. This weekend went well in fact if it were not at middletown you would have not gotten a chance to ass-kiss your way to a free ride on the Caravan. I think you are just mad cause we could have come down to your lousy field and I chose not too. Just my .02 worth.
ricmussman is offline Find More Posts by ricmussman
Old 06-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts

I enter this 'conversation' reluctantly and ONLY because the Audit was mentioned.

I would love to know who you were talking to Craven. I was the HAWKS treasurer, completed an audit (per our Constitution, not because it was needed, which was conducted by three people including a CPA), and can tell you there's wasn't a penny missing. Be a man and tell us who you were talking to and why you are foolish enough to: 1) believe a story like that, and 2) have the balls (or lack thereof) to post it here. Someone, and I think I know who it is, likes to run his mouth and pass on rumors about $hit he doesn't know dick about (the details of club finances in this case) and you're foolish enough to post it here.

There have been MANY RC events at Hook field that were conducted while jumping was in progress so you can't fault Ric at all for believing there would not be an issue. I was shocked to hear about it coming up the DAY BEFORE the meet as it was clearly mentioned in this thread's opening post. However, I respect Wayne's decision (though I very strongly disagreed with the timing) and choose not to participate. I would never even have brought it up as sometimes $hit just happens. Apparently, some people (or at least one) just don't get that.

Yell at Wayne if you must but it's pretty obvious that you have a personal issue with Ric that you should direct to him, in private, and not use this forum to drag him through the mud.

Un-be-%^&ing-lievable...
Pappy is offline Find More Posts by Pappy
Last edited by Pappy; 06-28-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by moldowan
san antonio texas usa
Joined Nov 2006
62 Posts

craven.....he is still around? LOL
moldowan is offline Find More Posts by moldowan
Old 06-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts

WOW........
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Old 06-29-2010, 06:12 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts

A little pot stirring goin on around here.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by ken6881
Henderson, Ky
Joined Aug 2008
1,767 Posts

sooo.. Can we perhaps get the final scores posted? (or are they and i didn't see them?)

thanks
ken6881 is offline Find More Posts by ken6881
Old 06-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,405 Posts

Ric and I had many conversations about this event.
I think the first one mentioning Hook field was around December last year.
Parachuters were also mentioned and Ric always stated that the field holds lots of RC events in conjunction with them and normal airport activities. Ric also recently (a month or so ago)said that Rich would have a NOTAM in place During the bulk of the hours on Saturday and Sunday encouraging GA pilots to go somewhere else.

On Friday after watching a few sets of jumpers it became apparant to me that we couldnt have planes in the air while they were skydiving. There was no real area that they stayed in and so because of that, that I felt they had to have the entire sky to themselves.

Rich, Ric and I talked for about an hour Friday afternoon and the descision was made for us to be on the ground when the skydivers werent. That came from me and they reluctantly agreed. They didnt want the event to suffer.
Ric spent the next several hours trying to find another place to take the event so all of us, even you Greg, could enjoy a more normal IMAC event.
Several issues and problems arose around each field he contacted and he as CD made the call to stay at Hook field.

I have to admit I was very skeptical about how the contest would go leaving there Friday night but things worked out very well for what we were dealing with.

Comments have been made about other events happening there at the same time as the jumpers. Heres why its different for us.
*All other events have been Fly-ins. If people have to take a 15 minute break at a Fly-in who cares..
*At an IMAC, we fly non stop for 8-10 hours with generally 2-4 planes in the air at the same time.
*We fly in specific area. At a Fly-in you fly where you want to so avoiding the area where jumpers happen to be is a lot easier. (I personally think thats still a big risk)

Greg,
Obviosly you have a beef with Ric over something. Thats fine but I can assure you that your assumptions and posts last night about him being un-prepared and his lack of planning are simply 100% wrong.

I made the descision.
Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wayne
Old 06-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Find More Posts by cap 232g
Canton, Michigan
Joined Mar 2007
12,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6881 View Post
sooo.. Can we perhaps get the final scores posted? (or are they and i didn't see them?)

thanks
Ken,
There is a .pdf file containing the final scores on page 16.
cap 232g is offline Find More Posts by cap 232g
Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6881 View Post

thanks
Ken, Mark posted them on page 16, here is the link if it works:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...3&d=1277675807
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Old 06-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Find More Posts by ken6881
Henderson, Ky
Joined Aug 2008
1,767 Posts

Thanks Ryan and Brandon.
ken6881 is offline Find More Posts by ken6881
Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by hubb
Minimalist
Lebanon, OH
Joined Apr 2006
10,687 Posts

hi

I want to say that I had a great time this past weekend!

As a fan of all things aviation, I got to see a little bit of it everything at Hook field. some really cool things happened....probably not the safest things....but cool things nontheless. we had warbirds, skydivers with flags, full scale flyovers by the RV8 and Caravan, and we even made peace by going down to the Skydiving Hanger and giving a 3D demo right there in front of them! as an event I will remember this one for a long time.

best of all, we were together there as a group. this is the greatest group of people in all of the hobbies and organizations that I have ever been around. it is only unfortunate that the course of events went the way they did, but we all rallied and made the best of it.....

I was the first one to fly on Friday afternoon - and probably the first one to fly in that configuration of the field. I was only flying my QQ Yak and goofing around, not even flying a full blown Unl sequence, but it was very quickly apparent that the a) the airport crew did not realize how big of a footprint we take up and 2) how far into "our" space the skydivers were going to be. I beleive it was a generally "oh $hit" moment for ALL parties involved. after that it was in the hands of the CD, Regional Director and Airport Manager to make the tough decision. and they did.

look at it like this......we could have all shown up to a forecast of clear blue skies and light breezes. then out of nowhere it thunderstormed for 4 hours each day.....are we gonna go to the TV station and beat on the weatherman for mis-informing us? probably not, but we would rally and fly between the rain showers and make the best out of the contest - that's what we do
hubb is offline Find More Posts by hubb
Last edited by hubb; 06-29-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Go Bucks!!!
Swanton, OH USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubb View Post
hi

I want to say that I had a great time this past weekend!

As a fan of all things aviation, I got to see a little bit of it all at Hook field. some really cool things happened....probably not the safest things....but cool things nontheless. we had warbirds, skydivers with flags, full scale flyovers by the RV8 and Caravan, and we even made peace by going down to the Skydiving Hanger and giving a 3D demo right there in front of them! as an event I will remember this one for a long time.

best of all, we were together there as a group. this is the greatest group of people in all of the hobbies and organizations that I have ever been around. it is only unfortunate that the course of events went the way they did, but we all rallied and made the best of it.....

I was the first one to fly on Friday afternoon - and probably the first one to fly in that configuration of the field. I was only flying my QQ Yak and goofing around, not even flying a full blown Unl sequence, but it was very quickly apparent that the a) the airport crew did not realize how big of a footprint we take up and 2) how far into "our" space the skydivers were going to be. I beleive it was a generally "oh " moment for ALL parties involved. after that it was in the hands of the CD, Regional Director and Airport Manager to make the tough decision. and they did.

look at it like this......we could have all shown up to forecast of clear blue skies and light breezes. then out of nowhere it thunderstormed for 4 hours each day.....are we gonna go to the TV station and beat on the weatherman for mis-informing us? probably not, but we would rally and fly between the rain showers and make the best out of the contest - that's what we do
Excellent post Hubb!!

Personally, I think this thread has run it's course. It's time to move on to the next event and enjoy our friends and keep flying our little toy airplanes.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old 06-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts

it hasn't run it's course. we still have a lot of fun memories to talk about, and think of the pee that came out of some people as the plane buzzed are camp site. i still have a partial from that. that was one of the sweetest things that happened. definately didn't hear it coming.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951

Quick Reply