Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3D View Post
Hi Wayne,

I'm jealous. I had plans to get into a aerobatic jet as well after TAS 2017 for something to do on the side but after the contest i decided i need to invest in another IMAC so hopefully late this year i can continue my journey towards a jet. Looking forward to see and hear everything that you learn about this.
Kim Quenette
Hey there Kim.... It was gelling for a couple years and attending the jet event pushed me over the cliff. I got stagnant and needed to learn....The jets provided me with that outlet and my brain is whizzing at 200MPH now!! I fully understand where you are coming from and when you make the move...You will understand my side of it!
Safe flying,
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-28-2018, 04:36 PM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Today, I had a long talk with John (Rosier) the previous owner...He explained a LOT about the retracts, the "inner" workings of how it's set up and a bit about the braking system. Again...the regular jet jockeys know all about this stuff....But for me, it is like walking into a rain-forest in paradise and marveling at all the birds and plants and.......

So.... Jet Jockeys (herein after called JJ's) please bear with us as we go along at our virgin pace! We will eventually catch up.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,567 Posts
Preventative maintenance is way more important with jets than any other facet of this hobby. The other thing I suggest is developing your own pre-flight, takeoff, landing, post-flight checklists, and stick to them.
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker
Old 03-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Wayne; you may want to ask AJ what his thoughts are on the new KingTech 260 that Barry says they have in stock with an introductory pricing?
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 03-29-2018, 04:54 AM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Wow, big news wayne!!

I am sure you will love it.

Any pics of the assembled plane?

Tony
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 03-29-2018, 06:41 AM
Find More Posts by Garley
aka Bones
Queensland, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
745 Posts
Nice one Wayne!

It is definitely a transition to go from flying Scale Aerobatics to Jets. I have recently been through this process after buying an Elite Aerosports Havoc. Definitely a big learning curve but one that will bring great enjoyment 😁👍

Bones
Garley is offline Find More Posts by Garley
Old 03-29-2018, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by jtec/radiowave
Mooresville, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
2,696 Posts
Wayne,

Kevin and I have been looking seriously about getting one. We will be up at Toledo next week so maybe we can get some info up there. I am even taking a trailer to bring back stuff.

Take notes and send them up, we're going to need help too!!

Al
jtec/radiowave is offline Find More Posts by jtec/radiowave
Old 03-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Find More Posts by rick dazzler
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful jet.
I did the same thing. Years of flying 3d and precision prop planes left me kinda bored with the way it’s all going into what it is now.
Jets keep me interested in the hobby somewhat more. Here are my 2 top RC models jets.
rick dazzler is offline Find More Posts by rick dazzler
Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 AM
Find More Posts by Animal Jesky
Squirrel please...
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Jan 2006
760 Posts
Wayne,

I'm very happy to see that your getting going on your Jet, I know mine was a pleasure to fly and I absolutely enjoyed Red Flag. If you have any questions on the jet let me know.
Animal Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Animal Jesky
Old 03-29-2018, 07:34 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,875 Posts
Here's a few shots of the Leo at Florida Jets/Red Flag. The aggressor scheme is 4M the yellow one is a 3m
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 03-29-2018, 08:54 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Wayne; you may want to ask AJ what his thoughts are on the new KingTech 260 that Barry says they have in stock with an introductory pricing?
THANKS..... I did see that option and I did ask Andrew about it at the Red Flag event. AJ had pulled out all the smoke system equipment out of his Leo and went to a lighter electric L/Gear for competition. After speaking with Scott Geller yesterday, I decided to also pull out all the smoke equipment from this plane (for now at least).

The photo below shows the inside of the front section where I have taken out what was there and will be installing the Power Box Champion, and other required equipment for the turbine. I'm learning all the "fancy" names right now. I may leave the smoke tank which sits atop the main fuel tank as I'm leaving my options open for using it as an additional tank for fuel if I decide in the future to go with the KT260. Right now I'm sticking with the KT210.

Andrew Jesky & Jason Shulman have really shown (for those who attended the jet event in Florida) what aerobatics should look like in a jet and those are my new aspirations.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:06 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garley View Post
Nice one Wayne!

It is definitely a transition to go from flying Scale Aerobatics to Jets. I have recently been through this process after buying an Elite Aerosports Havoc. Definitely a big learning curve but one that will bring great enjoyment ����
Bones
Thanks Bones....This morning seems to have been a "boost" for me (better than Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee) as the thread has taken on a new life! I've received texts and emails about the move over to jets and all have been positive.

Hope to see you in October at the TAS.
W
Old 03-29-2018, 09:32 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtec/radiowave View Post
Wayne,

Kevin and I have been looking seriously about getting one. We will be up at Toledo next week so maybe we can get some info up there. I am even taking a trailer to bring back stuff.

Take notes and send them up, we're going to need help too!!
Al
Hey Al.... There are many jets that really fly well, both scale and aerobatics. I saw a scale Hawk that was out of this world and performed extremely well.

For me....There are a lot of spare stuff that I had as "back-up" when I was flying aerobatics which will now go so that I can get some stuff that I will need. i.e. Stand to assemble at the field, another 5 gallon diesel tank, battery operated air-pump for the pneumatic retracts etc.
W
Old 03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick dazzler View Post
Congrats! Beautiful jet.
I did the same thing. Years of flying 3d and precision prop planes left me kinda bored with the way it’s all going into what it is now.
Jets keep me interested in the hobby somewhat more. Here are my 2 top RC models jets.
Thank you.... Those really look very nice. I will be joining you in the sky soon!
Old 03-29-2018, 10:12 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Jesky View Post
Wayne,

I'm very happy to see that your getting going on your Jet, I know mine was a pleasure to fly and I absolutely enjoyed Red Flag. If you have any questions on the jet let me know.
Maannn...THANK'S for all the help and info that you gave me! I never thought that you had that kind of patience.

I am SURE you will be tired of answering further questions...but it will be only for a time. We will all get there.

Jets in Europe has taken over and since many of the countries can't have full scale air-shows...they have LARGE model events.

Look at the support that Power Box is having from companies in the Modeling Industry at their upcoming JET POWER 2018 in Germany in September. THAT should speak for itself.
Wayne

Quick Reply