Old 04-30-2019, 05:41 AM
Find More Posts by yaks
Cyprus
Joined Nov 2006
265 Posts
Discussion
DA-35 alternative EF extra 78" v2

Hi Guys,

It seems like my airfield which is right next to the sea is a killer for GAS engines ( loads of sand high salinity etc etc.) Dirt tends to get into the carburetor and when you least expect it you have a dead stick and there it goes another airframe.

As I saw a friend's airframe die the other day , I decided to replace my DA-35 on the Extreme flight Extra 78" v2 with an electric motor.

The XPWR 40cc was made for the airframe, so it seems like the way to go. It will be my first electric that is above 50" therefore I would like to know a bit more about the batteries before I purchase the whole setup.

So I will be running the 40cc motor with the recommended 120A ESC. Prop that is suggested is 21x10 (please let me know if you think otherwise) .

What battery setup would give me a good 6-7 minute flight time of mixed IMAC and 3d flight. I will have separate receiver batteries for the servos. Also what discharge rate would you suggest?

Thanks guys
yaks is offline Find More Posts by yaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-30-2019, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by suds
indywestrc & viehercfliers
United States, IN, Zionsville
Joined Jul 2014
622 Posts
Try the 21x10 and see if you are good with the power. I know that many are running the 22x10 for the bigger disc area and thrust, but to maintain reasonable flight times requires some restraint of the throttle stick.

4000-4500mah will be the pack size you need for 6-7 minutes of flight. 30C-45C usually works well on this power setup.

This is based from my experience from running the Mortrofly 5327-195kv motors on my V2 and V3 78" Extras with the 22x10 Xoar props. The 5327 is very comparable to the XPWR40 from a performance standpoint.

For more definitive info, I'd recommend posting at the EF power thread on rcgroups:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ht-Fanatics%21
suds is offline Find More Posts by suds
Old 04-30-2019, 09:18 AM
Find More Posts by yaks
Cyprus
Joined Nov 2006
265 Posts
Thanks Suds
yaks is offline Find More Posts by yaks
Old 04-30-2019, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts
I have the similarly sized Edge.... old school Hacker C50-14xl with Acro-90 esc and with falken 22 x 10 and 10s LiPo ar 5000 mah...
Sick power!!
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir

Quick Reply