Old 11-26-2021, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Many thanks for your explanations Malcolm. And for your offer of help. Very much appreciated. Only 1 question. How to you assign say a 2-position toggle switch to a digital channel?
Go to LINKAGE->FUNCTION->Page 3/3

Bottom of the page DG1 and DG2 can be assigned to any switch, dial, or slider. If needed use the Servo Reverse menu to get the switch woking in the correct/desired direction.
Judge is online now Find More Posts by Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-27-2021, 02:16 AM
Find More Posts by Arc Angel
UK
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Many thanks Judge. That's very clear.
Arc Angel is offline Find More Posts by Arc Angel
Old 01-13-2022, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by dpwasson
United States, IA, Ottumwa
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
I would like to setup 2 switches to activate landing lights. One being the landing gear switch and the other a toggle switch where either one will turn them on. Any suggestions?
dpwasson is offline Find More Posts by dpwasson
Old 01-15-2022, 04:41 AM
Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Joined Mar 2013
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwasson View Post
I would like to setup 2 switches to activate landing lights. One being the landing gear switch and the other a toggle switch where either one will turn them on. Any suggestions?
If the receiver gives you access to the digital channels you could use one of them with the logic switches option.

You could assign the landing gear switch as the control for an AUX channel to operate the lights. A different switch could then be assigned via a PMIX to over-ride this as required.

There are various possibilities using Conditions.

A bit of thought needs to be given to exactly how you want this to operate. In the situation as you describe it, the lights will always be on while the gear is lowered. i.e. at take-off and when the model is on the ground. This may not be what you want.
MalcolmHolt is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Old 01-16-2022, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by dpwasson
United States, IA, Ottumwa
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Thank you, your response helped. I do want it to work as your last paragraph says. I ended up removing the assigned switch for the lights channel. Then I used a mix from gear to lights to activate the lights using the gear switch (I had to reverse the light channel to properly coordinated the two functions). Then I used an offset mix for the light channel to cause lights on while gear is up. Then I set the end point for light channel to max at 100%. By using Servo Monitor I could watch the movement to tell when all was okay. Then I activated the receivers and found the lights to work as desired. This application is in a turbine jet where the canopy must be installed and removed for each flight. The light system has a separate battery and switch that will allow lights off when gear is down. Thank you for your hints.
dpwasson is offline Find More Posts by dpwasson
Old 01-17-2022, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorte View Post
I am looking at the 18sz 70 anniversary.
I like aluminum gimbals but hate the shinny ugly front.
no shinny ugly front for only $780

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...&postcount=373
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 01-22-2022, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by RC Rich
United States, IL, Elizabeth
Joined Dec 2014
178 Posts
10 channels?

I've been using this radio since it came out, but now have a new challenge that I can't figure out. I have a Freewing 90mm F-22 EDF that I would like to set up for Model Type 2-aileron, 2-flap and Ailevator, so that I can program tailerons, flaperons and spoilerons.

I'm going to be running the elevators, ailerons and Y'd rudder through the Demon Cortex gyro before they go to the Rx.

If I have 10 things to plug into the Rx, do I need a second Rx?

1- Ail-1
2- Ail-2
3- Elev-1
4- Elev-2
5- Rud
6- Motor
7- Flap-1
8- Flap-2
9- Gyro
10- Landing Gear
RC Rich is offline Find More Posts by RC Rich
Old 01-22-2022, 01:38 PM
Joined Dec 2016
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Rich View Post
If I have 10 things to plug into the Rx, do I need a second Rx?
what if you use the main channels on SBUS (faster signal) and everything else on PWM ?
Old 01-22-2022, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by RC Rich
United States, IL, Elizabeth
Joined Dec 2014
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
what if you use the main channels on SBUS (faster signal) and everything else on PWM ?
Thanks for your advice! I looked into going that route and learning more about SBUS. What's scary and I hate to admit, is that I googled how to set up SBUS with a Demon Cortex and came across a post on this thread 5 years ago with me asking the same question about the plane that's in my avatar and needing more channels. Even though that plane is long gone, as they say, "that raises a flag".

I'll look into putting the 3 main control surfaces (5 servos) into the Cortex with a SBUS connection going into the Rx, which like you said, will give me room for the other inputs.

I don't know why I have a hard time wrapping my head around SBUS, even though I keep reading the manual and watching YouTube videos.
RC Rich is offline Find More Posts by RC Rich
Last edited by RC Rich; 01-22-2022 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:56 PM
Joined Dec 2016
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Rich View Post
I googled how to set up SBUS with a Demon Cortex and came across a post on this thread 5 years ago with me asking the same question about the plane that's in my avatar and needing more channels.
so what ? https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...&postcount=495

Quick Reply