logo
Old 12-27-2021, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by Txmustanglyer
United States, TX, Boerne
Joined Nov 2021
351 Posts
Discussion
Rcplanestands.com

I know a few of you have purchased either floor model, or bench top, stands from Glen.

I had the fortune of doing so myself. Mine was shipped today, but theres a bit more to it.

The story: I contacted Glen around the beginning of December because I live in a 1 bdr apartment now, not a house any more, but am building a 1/5th scale P51. I needed a way to keep the wings safe when they weren't being worked on or not on the plane. So I had the idea of drilling the legs to allow me to insert 1/4 inch dowels then just putting some pipe insulation on them to hold the wings.
Apparently, a huge lightbulb went off in the man's head..I could hear his brain shift gears on the phone and spin to very high rpm.
He said "I can drill the legs if you want to order it now, but if you give me two weeks, I think I can do better than that."
I gave him the two weeks and am damned glad I did.
The result: Glen has come up with a new add on for his floor stand models. Its, simply, a wing rack. Just like the fuselage uprights in how the one wrap works and simply clip on to the center support.
I gave him a second nudge after seeing the wing rack because some if you guys take these to the flying field. Another rack for your fuel can. He is running with that one now, so available soon.

The wing rack isn't up on the website yet, but if you want one, and have a floor stand already, then you already know what to do.
If you are ordering a new floor stand and want it, just put it in the order comment...and no, they aren't free.
The wing rack will set you back an extra $85.00 but, IMO worth it.
Txmustanglyer is offline Find More Posts by Txmustanglyer
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply