logo
Old 06-16-2015, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by weedy
NSW Australia (Wollongong)
Joined Jan 2006
14 Posts
Discussion
Best place/website to sell rc gear in Australia

Hey guys,wheres everyone selling their Rc gear these days. I have a never flown 3.2m Precision Aerobatics/J-Tec Extra I'd like to advertise, among other stuff.
weedy is offline Find More Posts by weedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-17-2015, 01:01 AM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,366 Posts
Good Luck with it Weedy. I used R_C_Trader (remove the underlined spaces) to sell some smaller items (Engines mostly) a few months ago - had no luck at all with any of the (located in WA) 100cc or larger airframes so I ended up chucking most of them on the bonfire a couple of weeks ago (Including some 50% stuff). Never got any money by doing that but at least I now have more room in my shed.

The going price for stuff is whatever someone is prepared to pay - don't expect that figure to be very high.
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Old 06-17-2015, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by weedy
NSW Australia (Wollongong)
Joined Jan 2006
14 Posts
Thanks Steve, what happened to the giant scale scene of a few years ago? Electrics I spose
weedy is offline Find More Posts by weedy
Old 06-17-2015, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,366 Posts
Yep - In my case, my sons gave up flying in pursuit of other "sports", I was no longer interested in IMAC and the closest official field to where I was living got overrun with "affordable" jets. I had a lot of large airframes taking up space that I could use for other things.

I think the hobby has changed (as it always does) to smaller airframes that are cheaper to lose, FPV setups (especially multirotors) and the now "much more affordable" turbines. Give it a few years and it will change again.
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve

Quick Reply