logo
Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by DKnippen
In The Box
bloomingdale, IL USA
Joined Mar 2006
1,478 Posts
All I can tell ya is you can thank me for not going. If I was there the weather would have been the opposite.

Who's going in July?
DKnippen is offline Find More Posts by DKnippen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by Professor
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Nov 2006
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanefan View Post
Great pictures, Kurt! Kaden is getting to be a big boy.
Ken - Good to see you on here! Are we going to see you at any IMAC contests this year? Bring your son along - Kaden could use a partner in crime at the next contest.
Professor is offline Find More Posts by Professor
Old 05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by Professor
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Nov 2006
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
Kurt,

Lets not forget the restaurant that we went to Saturday night with the 70 and over karaoke! Oh and how could I forget the quote of the weekend " DAD I forgot to wipe!" Simply Priceless! All being said it was a great weekend and a big thanks to those who made it happen. Next year I will wage my war on the gofers along with Kaden!

Chuck Edwards
No doubt Chuck - That was quite a shock to open the door to the Co-Op restaurant in dowtown Clinton and have close to a hundred old time 70+ locals participating in the saturday night country Karaoke. They looked at us like we were from another planet. The topper was Kaden yelling to us across the restaurant as he walked into the bathroom "I forgot to wipe". I almost fell on the floor.
Professor is offline Find More Posts by Professor
Old 05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by mmcconville
Monticello, IL USA
Joined May 2006
946 Posts
Glad you guys had a good time. Amazing that the winds werent worse on Sat. In Champaign they were gusting 40 to nearly 50mph.

Sorry I didnt make it. Would have loved to but the recent 'set-back' with the house thanks to mother nature has my flying this spring all but stopped. Suk hasnt been in the air since last fall.

Scrambeling this week to try to prep some model for Nall....thanks to Mike H for the use of his workshop.
mmcconville is offline Find More Posts by mmcconville
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by RCFree
Doo It! Doo It!
Downers Grove, IL USA
Joined Sep 2007
151 Posts
I wanted to again thank Ron and the Brazil Winged Modelers for their kind hospitality. As menacing as the weather predictions were, we actually had a pretty enjoyable weekend. Very glad to be back on the circuit. It was fun.

I don't know if the posts make it clear, but Mike Karnes essentially built all three of the Daltons in that photograph over this past winter. I on the other hand, just ate all winter long.

Ron
RCFree is offline Find More Posts by RCFree
Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by rcplanefan
Super Contributor
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Jan 2006
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Ken - Good to see you on here! Are we going to see you at any IMAC contests this year? Bring your son along - Kaden could use a partner in crime at the next contest.
Hi there, Kurt. I'm not sure how much I'll be out and about this year. I was hopeful to be more active, but so far many other things have gotten in the way. Rest assured I'll be checking FG as the season goes on to monitor progress in the great North Central region. I just won't bother checking the results in Unlimited if I know you've attended. Kind of takes the suspense away!
rcplanefan is offline Find More Posts by rcplanefan
Old 05-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by Tailwind
New Lenox, IL.
Joined Jan 2006
660 Posts
Hey Ron,
Glad to see you out there flying.....you need to come down and practice with me this summer.
Tailwind is offline Find More Posts by Tailwind
Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by RCFree
Doo It! Doo It!
Downers Grove, IL USA
Joined Sep 2007
151 Posts
Hey Dom,

Glad to hear from you. I look forward to a few practice rounds with you and Big Lew.

Ron
RCFree is offline Find More Posts by RCFree
Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Find More Posts by tobytorkn
peebles
Joined Jan 2006
636 Posts
Kurt your kaden stories bring back memories of my kids at contests! These will be memories you and kaden will never forget! Sounds like kaden and Isaac will make a pair. Lol. Toby
tobytorkn is offline Find More Posts by tobytorkn

Quick Reply