logo
Old 07-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by Tseres
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
Congratulations Will for the invite. The look on your face was priceless when they announced your name. You are well deserving of the invitation. Now go get em.

Brian you flew great both days and congratulations on your win. I learned a lot from you this weekend. Thanks for all your help.

Hey Frank. How come the tallest guy has the smallest plaque? I really enjoyed your freestyle on Friday.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by rduley
Beauty and the Beast
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Feb 2006
12,447 Posts
great reporting guys....thanks for all the updates. Congrats to Will....YAY
rduley is offline Find More Posts by rduley
Old 07-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Find More Posts by NCFRgal
On double secret probation
Lawrenceburg, IN
Joined Nov 2006
17,654 Posts
Wow, thanks Mike for another great weekend! The competition was fierce---especially in Advanced

Will touched on this briefly in an earlier post but I want to expand on it a little more. Larry Arsenenau had his hydraulic pump fail in his motorhome and when he went to leave on Sunday he could not get his slide outs in or his jacks up. Will helped coordinate a fix to get him on the road (I saw people taking pictures----can someone post a few?) and everyone participated. The hydraulic pressure had to be released before the ever growing number of fellow pilots would push on the slide outs to get them in. It took over an hour---in the sun and heat---but they were able to get him on the road, thanks to Will's savvy mechanical ability and everyone else's horsepower.

This just goes to show just how IMAC pilots are willing to help a fellow pilot in need. NCFR forever!!!!!!

Which brings up another situation that occured this weekend. Geoffrey Donati had some engine issues and Brian Sanik allowed him to fly his airplane---without a second thought----so Geoffrey could fly his unknown (yes, an unknown with a borrowed airplane). The next morning Geoffrey's engine issues continued---actually they compounded when the engine siezed up---and Frank Noll allowed him to fly his airplane to complete his round. Again, you just don't see this kind of cooperation in other arenas of competition. IMAC rocks!
NCFRgal is offline Find More Posts by NCFRgal
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 AM
tl3
Find More Posts by tl3
tl3
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Aylett
Joined Feb 2006
763 Posts
Congrats Will! Looking forward to Rojo's CC Adventure part deux.
t
tl3 is offline Find More Posts by tl3
Old 07-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Find More Posts by vsnap
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jun 2006
2,224 Posts
Incredible group, always loved making the contests just for the fun of it and everybody working with each other more then against each other.
vsnap is offline Find More Posts by vsnap
Old 07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Find More Posts by BigExtra260
Brownsburg, IN
Joined Jun 2009
180 Posts
SUNDAY MORNING EXERCISE ROUTINE

Tim Cansler got a photo of us working out.

First pic is us just killing time instead of flying in the sun.
Right photo is Rojo before he started flying IMAC and Working on RV hydraulic systems
BigExtra260 is offline Find More Posts by BigExtra260
Old 07-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by DKnippen
In The Box
bloomingdale, IL USA
Joined Mar 2006
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilderbrandt View Post
Thanks Tim
Justins new contest pro is going to look just like that one .For as many flights that has on it it sill looks ok just needs some TLC but I have a feeling that it will be yellow and red next season lol!
concrats to all the winners wish I was there but softball season will be over soon then I will hit a few looks like chicagoland will be my first contest this year.
Hey Mike,
Glad your coming. Are you coming with Justin and your wife? See if you can get Mr. M to come too. anyone else is wecome as well....
DKnippen is offline Find More Posts by DKnippen
Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by mhilderbrandt
Monticello, Illinois
Joined Jan 2007
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnippen View Post
Hey Mike,
Glad your coming. Are you coming with Justin and your wife? See if you can get Mr. M to come too. anyone else is wecome as well....
Tammy and Delaney will be coming But Justin lives in Tucson Arizona now going to the UofA and Mike probably not he is taking a break and probably getting settled back in the house after being hit by the tornado.
mhilderbrandt is offline Find More Posts by mhilderbrandt
Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by jetmech7653
Extra Medium Contributor
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Congrats Will for your invite I look forward to you, all of the invitees and qualifiees in 2012 burnin up the sky at CC. Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend, like Marian said it is amazing the help that we all receive from fellow competitors like calling your sequence to wrenching on your plane, to pointing out what you doing wrong , to letting you fly their plane. The fellowship and camaraderie that I get from the folks in IMAC, far out weighs the joy I get from flying. Again thanks to Mark and Cheryl for coming to help out , Mark as much as I know you like to judge I think you overdoing it (Mark was a dedicated judge for Nats and came to just judge and hang out for this weekends CC qualifier) , "now get those planes out and start punching holes in the sky Sir". Thank you Mike Karnes and the rest of the club members for another fantastic job, and thanks for all of your support with helping me to become a better pilot. Thanks Allen Batts for all the coverage this weekend and Ben for helping me with practice and setup, if it weren't for you guys I would not be flying IMAC (shush, I wont tell the wife that itís your fault). I hope to see you all very soon and happy flying.

Jay.

P.S Silent Bob says.............. Well not much
jetmech7653 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech7653
Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Find More Posts by NCFRgal
On double secret probation
Lawrenceburg, IN
Joined Nov 2006
17,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigExtra260 View Post
Tim Cansler got a photo of us working out.

First pic is us just killing time instead of flying in the sun.
Right photo is Rojo before he started flying IMAC and Working on RV hydraulic systems
Excellent stuff Mike!
NCFRgal is offline Find More Posts by NCFRgal
Old 07-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by BigExtra260
Brownsburg, IN
Joined Jun 2009
180 Posts
Glad you like it Marian. I am happy for Will and him making CC. I saw the disappointment in his face at Muncie. And then when he decided not to give up and try again at the qualifier. That made it worth all the hell I went through to give him and the others the best flying conditions and judges that was available.
BigExtra260 is offline Find More Posts by BigExtra260
Old 07-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Find More Posts by Windecker
Logan Indiana
Joined Jun 2006
1,740 Posts
Your hard work is much appreciated Mike. Having us fly alone was another nice addition I had not expected
Two more thanks, Mark Jorgenson for judging the entire weekend, directly in the sun, while his work was pestering him to come back (maybe he really should have gone back) due to a major malfunction.
Bill Gentry for taking some great photos for the trophies (and a few spares).

I heard from Larry he made it home ok but two slides worked out about 2 inches on the way home, kept running though!
Thanks again Mike and crew.
Will B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigExtra260 View Post
Glad you like it Marian. I am happy for Will and him making CC. I saw the disappointment in his face at Muncie. And then when he decided not to give up and try again at the qualifier. That made it worth all the hell I went through to give him and the others the best flying conditions and judges that was available.
Windecker is offline Find More Posts by Windecker
Old 07-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by jhilderbrandt4
What?!?!
Tucson, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirplaneAL View Post
This plane looks ridiculously familiar?!?!
jhilderbrandt4 is offline Find More Posts by jhilderbrandt4

Quick Reply