Find More Posts by RICHMATH
FLYEMBIG
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
Your welcome my friend.
You can go ahead and put your name on the list of those that will NOT have their finger chopped off from hand starting an RC airplane engine...

Richard
RICHMATH is offline Find More Posts by RICHMATH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-27-2017, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,906 Posts
I was in the process of building one using the paint roller but I have been traveling for work a LOT.

I always wondered how the fibers would hold up and then I saw this.
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old 01-27-2017, 09:11 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
I took the RCS Duster (170cc engine) out in the cul-de-sac today and did some tuning on the engine....start, stop, start, stop...rept...rept...you know how it goes. I used a new Chicken Stick and made a point to take note of just what I was doing when starting the engine. Now I have always had good manual dexterity and dont have any problem with using the ROLLING Chicken Stick. After I finished the tuning I looked at the roller on the RCS. There was no cuts in the roller and no marks that were angled towards the top & bottom of the roller...so I must have been doing it right. The one thing I noticed when flipping the prop is that I am consciously keeping a strong wrist. This has a lot to do with using the RCS correctly. Keeping the wrist straight and strong kept the RCS going straight off the tip of the prop, the way it should.
Just thought I'd pass this along, maybe help someone that may not have it down yet.

R
Last edited by RICHMATH; 01-27-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Find More Posts by GSXR1000
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Apr 2015
12 Posts
I put a order in on the RCS site Feb 2nd for Ronny in Carrollton Texas. Do you have a tracking number?
Thanks.
GSXR1000 is offline Find More Posts by GSXR1000
Old 02-06-2017, 01:25 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR1000 View Post
I put a order in on the RCS site Feb 2nd for Ronny in Carrollton Texas. Do you have a tracking number?
Thanks.
PM sent with Tracking #.

Its out for delivery, you will get it today.

Thanks
Richard
Old 02-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by Corn Holio
Full Throttle... All The Time
United States, PA, Oxford
Joined Jul 2015
156 Posts
Sweeeeet thanks for sponsoring this contest rich, and may God bless you as well!
Corn Holio is offline Find More Posts by Corn Holio
Old 02-06-2017, 05:13 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Holio View Post
Sweeeeet thanks for sponsoring this contest rich, and may God bless you as well!

So I take it you like it....

r
Old 02-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Corn Holio
Full Throttle... All The Time
United States, PA, Oxford
Joined Jul 2015
156 Posts
Haven't gotten the chance to try it with a live engine, however I have been flipping engines inside to practice the technique
Corn Holio is offline Find More Posts by Corn Holio
Old 02-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by thurmma
United States, AR, Rogers
Joined Jul 2009
239 Posts
I can finally say that I I love the RCS!! I did not care for it the first few times I tried it on the ZDZ180. This was due to me NOT PRACTICING with it before trying to start a brand new engine. After I got the engine running, my own fault for it not starting right up, I pulled out the RCS and did some practice with it. Once I got comfortable with it, I actually fired up the engine on the plane. From time to time I still catch myself not going straight down the blade of the prop but, it is getting to be second nature now. It is actually much easier to start the engine and I am not pulling a glove off my hand after starting the engine any more

Thank you for creating this product! After tearing a few leather gloves on Falcon props, this is nice not to worry about losing fingers.
thurmma is offline Find More Posts by thurmma
Old 02-08-2017, 08:04 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmma View Post
I can finally say that I I love the RCS!! I did not care for it the first few times I tried it on the ZDZ180. This was due to me NOT PRACTICING with it before trying to start a brand new engine. After I got the engine running, my own fault for it not starting right up, I pulled out the RCS and did some practice with it. Once I got comfortable with it, I actually fired up the engine on the plane. From time to time I still catch myself not going straight down the blade of the prop but, it is getting to be second nature now. It is actually much easier to start the engine and I am not pulling a glove off my hand after starting the engine any more

Thank you for creating this product! After tearing a few leather gloves on Falcon props, this is nice not to worry about losing fingers.
Thanks for the post!
Now tie your plane up and tune the engine...starting and stopping 30 times using the RCS and you will really like the RCS!
Good testimony...I've said it before, Page 13, Post 183 right here in this thread ...ya gotta practice to get the technique down and not come off the front of the prop. Keep a strong straight wrist and that'll help in keeping the RCS going straight down and off the tip of the prop.

Thanks My Friend, I appreciate your comments...
Richard
Old 02-08-2017, 08:17 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Holio View Post
Haven't gotten the chance to try it with a live engine, however I have been flipping engines inside to practice the technique

Check out the prior 2 posts....

r
Old 02-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by thurmma
United States, AR, Rogers
Joined Jul 2009
239 Posts
Here is a picture of the RCS in use on a ZDZ180. After practicing with it a little bit, I have found that the engine does start easier and my shoulder don't give me issues any more

BTW, I tried changing the prop position and it didn't work out for me. I find that the 11 o'clock position works out just fine
thurmma is offline Find More Posts by thurmma
Old 02-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,906 Posts
I keep meaning to post on here but I used the RCS last weekend for the first time.

Only 1 scratch on the roller which happened when I first started flipping so I got the motion down pretty quickly.

Really easy and I felt a lot safer.
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old 02-17-2017, 07:16 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmma View Post
Here is a picture of the RCS in use on a ZDZ180. After practicing with it a little bit, I have found that the engine does start easier and my shoulder don't give me issues any more

BTW, I tried changing the prop position and it didn't work out for me. I find that the 11 o'clock position works out just fine
Thank you for your post my friend. There is just no way that starting your engine by hand is better, safer or easier then with the RCS. I say this in my video and posts but its nice to have people confirm this after using one. I spin my engine about 40 times when I do a tune up and every time when I am finished I look at the stick and say, just like I say in the video,... "This thing really works!"

Thanks again for the post and I am very happy that you like the RCS....

Richard
Old 02-17-2017, 07:20 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
I keep meaning to post on here but I used the RCS last weekend for the first time.

Only 1 scratch on the roller which happened when I first started flipping so I got the motion down pretty quickly.

Really easy and I felt a lot safer.
Brother, your name is on the list!...

Glad you got the motion down. Thanks for taking the time for your post.

Richard

Quick Reply