Old 08-16-2019, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
The giant power planes are not my main interest. I do a lot of slope flying, I have a big scale sailplanes for aerotowing, electric F5J sailplanes and I still have and fly my 2m Pattern ship, I have several helies and I still do a lot of free flight. Oh, I have forgotten I also have RC sailboat and U-control stunt plane.

I go to Grantsville because I can also fly my electric powered sailplane and free flight planes there. And some times, I even meet another "cheap" people there.
OK since you clearly cannot run the jeti system here is a picture of what I am asking you to show us. And anybody that is flying jeti I highly recommend to look at this after every flight.
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-16-2019, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,017 Posts
Is that a touch screen?
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 08-16-2019, 10:22 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
Is that a touch screen?
LOL That’s why I switch to Futaba !!!
Last edited by flyrcjoe13; 08-16-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Ok, thank you to my friend for loaning me his Jeti. As you can see by his data he is clearly in the safe zone. His temperatures are a little high but everything is very safe because of his low amp draw. This set up is in a T-one jet that is set up really good with High-Tech Servos. I hope somebody else will show us their data.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:46 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
The giant power planes are not my main interest. I do a lot of slope flying, I have a big scale sailplanes for aerotowing, electric F5J sailplanes and I still have and fly my 2m Pattern ship, I have several helies and I still do a lot of free flight. Oh, I have forgotten I also have RC sailboat and U-control stunt plane.

I go to Grantsville because I can also fly my electric powered sailplane and free flight planes there. And some times, I even meet another "cheap" people there.
Hey Mr. ED wondering if you run a CB 200 in your sailboat. I think you’ll be fine as long as it’s not above 90° and small breeze If it gets a little gusty you’re poly fuse is going to give up the ghost and you’re probably never see your sailboat again.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
OK since you clearly cannot run the jeti system here is a picture of what I am asking you to show us. And anybody that is flying jeti I highly recommend to look at this after every flight.

"And anybody that is flying jeti I highly recommend to look at this after every flight."

Wow! No kidding! You've just discovered America!!!!

No, you clearly cannot run Jeti system! You don't take pictures of the display with your phone, you capture screen shot with dedicated switch like that. Or better yet, use Jeti studio.

I flew my SU-29 last time almost a year ago. Since I'm cleaning SD card once a month, I don't have any flight logs. You have to wait till I'm out next time.

But, I went to my basement, turned plane on and wiggled the sticks little bit.
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Last edited by hpdrifter; 08-16-2019 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:18 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for proving the point again! You listed all of the planes you fly and sated that “ the giant power planes Re not your main interest”. This whole time you have been saying you’ve tested it you clearly have not. You have never compared apples to apples in this situation.
Nice picture of Darin and Andrew. You will notice that they are flying futaba not Jeti. So why post this picture? Maybe you should find a picture that applies to the topic at hand. Like let’s see a picture of your jeti radio showing your amp draw and temperatures. I think we’re starting to see who the true liar here is.

You've said I fly in Grantsville because I'm cheap. I posted the D&A picture so you can see I'm not the only one who is cheap.

P.S. When was my turn to fly, I ordered everyone to turn back so they couldn't see how crappy flier I am.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:28 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
This whole time you have been saying you’ve tested it you clearly have not. You have never compared apples to apples in this situation.

You have missed screen shot from my testing!
So, here it is again.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:39 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
First of all, CB200 is not a receiver!!!! There is no receiver inside, you have to connect one to it. You should have known that.

Jeti makes 3 sizes of central boxes:

CB100 - continuous current 10A (light duty)
CB200 - continuous current 15A (medium duty)
CB400 - continuous current 30A (heavy duty)

What makes it light, medium or heavy is the current rating.
Remember the CB200 was never promoted for large aircraft. And if you use a system that actually works like powerbox you lose most your fancy data.
A Closer Look: PowerBox Mercury SRS vs. Jeti Central Box 200 w/Cortex Pro (Old Way vs. New Way) (14 min 2 sec)
Old 08-16-2019, 11:50 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
"And anybody that is flying jeti I highly recommend to look at this after every flight."

Wow! No kidding! You've just discovered America!!!!

No, you clearly cannot run Jeti system! You don't take pictures of the display with your phone, you capture screen shot with dedicated switch like that. Or better yet, use Jeti studio.

I flew my SU-29 last time almost a year ago. Since I'm cleaning SD card once a month, I don't have any flight logs. You have to wait till I'm out next time.

But, I went to my basement, turned plane on and wiggled the sticks little bit.
Lol nobody seen you fly a giant scale airplane in years. And they have never seen you 3-D. So with your knee surgery are we gonna to have to wait a year or two years for data. Is the SU-29 foam ?
Old 08-16-2019, 11:52 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
You have missed screen shot from my testing!
So, here it is again.
Doing it in your basement doesn’t prove anything. And if jeti had a quality touchscreen it would probably be a decent picture. But you’re exactly correct jeti screen is garbage.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by bob w
Memphis Tn
Joined Apr 2007
693 Posts
Batteries

I have not read the whole thread. Has any one disclosed their battery setup for the CB 200 that they are having trouble with ? MAH, age . Extensions with additional connectors and length of extensions ? And whatever C rating (nebulous as a C rating is) in these setups .

I have found very often when someone has exactly the same problem in different applications there is usually more than one “common” entity.

We get tunnel vision and never consider some possibilities, especially, if we want it be something other than what it actually is.
bob w is offline Find More Posts by bob w
Old 08-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by rcncman
Trinity, NC
Joined Jan 2007
7 Posts
Quote:
Doing it in your basement doesn’t prove anything. And if jeti had a quality touchscreen it would probably be a decent picture. But you’re exactly correct jeti screen is garbage.
Post #840 said you were moving on and being done. Since you are now flying another brand and this is 40 posts later, what purpose is served by continually rehashing comments over and over?
rcncman is offline Find More Posts by rcncman
Old 08-17-2019, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by MarksHangar
I'm just "Miss Behavin"
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined May 2014
401 Posts
Nothing on today by reruns...
MarksHangar is online now Find More Posts by MarksHangar
Old 08-17-2019, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,093 Posts
I'm changing the channel to Star Trek TNG. Picard is going to say something meaningful.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction

Quick Reply