Old 11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,403 Posts
North Central IMAC Contest Directors

Hi guys,

If you have an existing contest that you want re-scheduled in 2009 please let me know.
If your contest is going to be on a different weekend than it was in 2008, let me know that as well.
If your contest is not one that was on the schedule last year, the best thing to do at this time is to look at the 2008 schedule and try and pick an open weekend.
We will do our best to accomodate new contests into the 2009 schedule. I know of at least one that we want back on the schedule right now.

Weekends will fill up fast and, I'd like to try and get our schedule set early.

[email protected]
309-531-7927

I do not have access to the Admin side of the IMAC website yet. That will change shortly but, this seemed like a good way to keep myself straight on the upcoming seasons contests.
Requests are coming in for dates. Thanks!
You can use this to see whats been scheduled, whats open and what contests I am still waiting to hear from CD's

Please check back to this post as I will be updating it as I get more requests from CD's

SCHEDULED CONTESTS FOR 2009
SCHEDULED *NEW* CONTESTS FOR 2009
Contests that occured in 2008 but have not been confirmed yet for 2009

MAY

2/3 - Don Carmichael Memorial. Clinton, IN.
9/10 - Judging Seminar. Muncie, IN
16/17 - OPEN WEEKEND
23/24 - Columbus IMAC. Columbus, OH
30/31 -6th Southern Ohio IMAC Challenge. Peebles, OH

JUNE

6/7 - Mid Michigan IMAC. Jackson, MI
13/14 - Twin Cities IMAC. Rosemount, MN + Ottawa IMAC. Ottawa, ON (1207 Mile difference)
20/21 - Hamilton Hawks IMAC. Hamilton, OH
27/28 - OPEN WEEKEND
*June 29-July 2nd AMA IMAC Nationals.

JULY

4/5 - Flying Tigers SA Encounter. Cayuga, ON
11/12 - Lincolnland IMAC Challenge. Springfield, IL
18/19 - Stony Creek IMAC. Stony Creek, ON + Probusters IMAC. Browns, IL (997 mile difference)
25/26 - Brazil Summer Meet. Clinton, IN

AUGUST

1/2 - Moonshine Classic IMAC. Lexington, KY + Canadian IMAC Nationals. Ottawa, ON
8/9 - Fox Valley IMAC Challenge. St. Charles, IL
15/16 - Greater Cincinatti IMAC. Harrison, OH + RC 400 IMAC. Cookstown, ON
22/23 - Great Lakes IMAC Challenge. Toledo, OH
29/30 - OPEN WEEKEND

SEPTEMBER

5/6 - Crossroads IMAC. Effingham, IL
12/13 - Chatham CAN-AM IMAC. Chatham, ON
19/20 - North Central Regional Finals. Wheeler, IN
Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wayne
Last edited by Wayne; 12-19-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by capcanuck
CapCanuck
Sudbury, Ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts
Re: North Central IMAC Contest Directors

Hey Wayne. Congratulations on your election to North Central Regional Director!

This zone is rapidly becoming the most contested in all of IMAC and a strong leader at the helm will help us all. Being from Ontario I know you will appreciate the number of Canadian IMAC pilots in the NC zone. I hope we will see more cross border contest registrations in the coming year and I for one plan to attend at least one and maybe two US meets next spring and summer.

I would like to see more judging seminars being sponsored by IMAC or at least have theopportunity to tap into some resources to host such an event. I have hosted 2 such seminars here in Northern Ontario and the interest it generates and the eyes it opens is wonderful. If we could perhaps have stick planes available, develop a good Aresti made simple Powerpoint cd as well as one for Judging (with videos if you want to shoot for the moon) , specific handouts etc it would make hosting such events a lot easier for me and others as well.

CapCanuck
capcanuck is offline Find More Posts by capcanuck
Old 11-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,403 Posts

Cap,

I agree.
It seems like more Canadian guys come down this way than the other way around.
Maybe we can figure out a way to get guys to go north and support more of the events up there.

Your effort on holding seminars is greatly appreciated.
Talk to Kurt Keolling and see if he can offer up some assistance on how he runs his seminars.
They are always very well received.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by roxberrym
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
187 Posts

Hi Wayne:
Let me add my congratulations on your election as RD for the North Central Region. I look forward to your leadership and I am available to help in whatever way I can. I also would like to stimulate more Can-Am contest attendance. In Jackson, we have been fortunate to enjoy the company of many great friends from Canada at our Mid-Michigan IMAC contest. I have also had the pleasure of flying with my friends at the Chatham contest. I'm hopefull to get to more contests in Canada in 2009.
Just to let you know, the Jackson RC Club is planning to continue the Mid-Michigan IMAC in June 2009. Also, we had such good success as the back up plan for the Great Lakes Challenge in August that the club is considering sponsoring a second IMAC contest during the 2009 season. It will be up to Joe DiDia as CD to decide where the Great Lakes Challenge will be held but if the Jackson field is not the venue for the Challenge, we may be interested in holding a second contest in Jackson. I will be meeting soon with the new Jackson RC club BOD to discuss and will let you know as soon as I know.

Again, great to have you on board as the NC-RD. Thanks for your service to all us IMAC'ers. Let me know what I can do to help.

Mike R.
roxberrym is offline Find More Posts by roxberrym
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by Ratt Belly
Doo It! Doo It!
Buffalo, Minnesota
Joined May 2006
205 Posts

Has the Scale Aerobatics Nats dates been set yet? I didn't see them on the AMA Competition Calendar.

Jason
Ratt Belly is offline Find More Posts by Ratt Belly
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,403 Posts

Mike,

I have been in contact with Joe already regarding the Great Lakes Challenge.
Aug 22-23 is what I received from him as far as dates.
I appreciate the offer to help. At this point I dont know what I dont know so, if you see me needing guidance, let me know.
Last edited by Wayne; 11-10-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by DKnippen
In The Box
bloomingdale, IL USA
Joined Mar 2006
1,478 Posts

Hey Wayne,
We will be doing the usual weekend in August. The 8th.and 9th. 2009.
The Chicago land Fox Valley Imac Challenge.
DKnippen is offline Find More Posts by DKnippen
Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,403 Posts

Thanks Dan.
I'll mark you down.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Professor
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Nov 2006
467 Posts

Wayne,
Congrats on becoming NCRD! Based on my previous experience as NCRD the hardest part of the job is scheduling contests for the upcoming season.....

We will be holding the Columbus 9th Annual IMAC Challenge on Memorial Day weekend (same weekend as the previous 8 years). That would be May 23-24, 2009.
Thanks,
Kurt
Professor is offline Find More Posts by Professor
Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by Radioactive
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Wayne, congrats,, i know you'll do a great job, and a huge congrats to the NCFR... you guys, and gals ROCK!!!!'
Don
Radioactive is offline Find More Posts by Radioactive
Old 11-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Joined Nov 2006
467 Posts

Lee,
IMAC has developed some very nice powerpoint presentations which cover different aspects of aresti and judging/flying IMAC sequences. Tom Wheeler and I have used these (and did some upgrades for new rules cycles) over the past six years. Wayne Matthews and a small team he organized are currently working on a new powerpoint presentation that specifically covers judging criteria for each Known figure in all of the 2009 sequences (Basic through Unlimited). Hopefully that will be available in the early spring as an additional resource to help educate all of us on how to judge sequences as accurately as possible.

Tom Wheeler and I have been hosting/organizing judging seminars for the past six years in the NC region and are getting a little burned out. We told Bob Hudson this last spring and he sent some new recruits from our region to the National Judging School held in the SE region in the spring 08. Hopefully they will be organizing some of the judging school(s) in our region for spring 2009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcanuck View Post
I would like to see more judging seminars being sponsored by IMAC or at least have theopportunity to tap into some resources to host such an event. I have hosted 2 such seminars here in Northern Ontario and the interest it generates and the eyes it opens is wonderful. If we could perhaps have stick planes available, develop a good Aresti made simple Powerpoint cd as well as one for Judging (with videos if you want to shoot for the moon) , specific handouts etc it would make hosting such events a lot easier for me and others as well.

CapCanuck
Last edited by Professor; 11-10-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Wayne,
Congrats on becoming NCRD! Based on my previous experience as NCRD the hardest part of the job is scheduling contests for the upcoming season.....

We will be holding the Columbus 9th Annual IMAC Challenge on Memorial Day weekend (same weekend as the previous 8 years). That would be May 23-24, 2009.
Thanks,
Kurt

Thanks Kurt,

Expect phone calls when I need to get opinions on stuff.

I have you down for your weekend.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,403 Posts

Please check the first post for a running update of the 2009 season.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by tobytorkn
peebles
Joined Jan 2006
637 Posts

hey guys planning on starting my contest up again. i see june 27,28 is available. is there anything going on that weekend (xfc,fathers day, groundhog day,etc.)? when is the nationals? wayne if nothing is going on and it is not the weekend before the nats i would like that date if possible. congrats on the election wayne. toby...
tobytorkn is offline Find More Posts by tobytorkn
Old 11-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Joined Nov 2006
467 Posts

Toby,
I know the Nats have been moved a couple of weeks later - sometime in mid-July, but don't know the specific dates. Can someone post specific dates for the IMAC NATS?
Kurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobytorkn View Post
hey guys planning on starting my contest up again. i see june 27,28 is available. is there anything going on that weekend (xfc,fathers day, groundhog day,etc.)? when is the nationals? wayne if nothing is going on and it is not the weekend before the nats i would like that date if possible. congrats on the election wayne. toby...

Quick Reply