Find More Posts by FX777
Having fun!!
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jan 2009
1,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by always flying View Post
I cannot wait to maiden mine! hurry up spring
Any one have the weight without gas and batteries? Thanks.
FX777 is offline Find More Posts by FX777
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2020, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by Toothata540
Huckin', Learnin', & Burnin'
United States, MA, Montague
Joined Dec 2013
639 Posts
Mine is 27.5 lb dry without batteries.
Toothata540 is offline Find More Posts by Toothata540
Old 01-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by scottyb313
AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Petersburg
Joined Sep 2013
518 Posts
Mine is 27 pounds as well
scottyb313 is offline Find More Posts by scottyb313
Old 01-22-2020, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by Toothata540
Huckin', Learnin', & Burnin'
United States, MA, Montague
Joined Dec 2013
639 Posts
This is the most stable yet capable airframe I’ve ever flown. It’s light but doesn’t feel floaty like some lightweight GS planes. It almost won’t stall until you tell it to, and has a lot of surface authority on all axis’. If there was only one plane I could have it would be the ARS.
Toothata540 is offline Find More Posts by Toothata540
Old 08-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by KenSue
United States, MS, Gulfport
Joined Jan 2011
1,371 Posts
Finally a successful maiden day. Or re-maiden day. The last two were full of hiccups. Today, 5 flights. Awesome machine AJ Aircraft.

Today’s maiden. She’s a little nose heavy with the batteries behind the wing tube. That was really the only hiccup.

I have to give thanks to Tim at AJ, Terry Wiles and Dan Skurpoakci for the set up help. Hitec came through on servos that needed repair (my fault). I also have to give a HUGE thanks to two guys at my field who sweated their butts off trying to fix my screw ups. Thank you Robbie and John!

AJ ARS 300
Setup
Falcon 29x9
DLE 120
Custom painted spinner by Raiko Dzigns
AJ 32 ounce tank
Hitec D951TW throughout
Tech Aero IBEC
White Rose Wheels

Thank you Tim Jesky for putting me back in the drivers seat! Love the bird!
KenSue is offline Find More Posts by KenSue
Old 12-30-2020, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by Fenderbean
United States, AL, Meridianville
Joined Nov 2010
633 Posts
Hey guys building one of these atm and I was wondering with cans on my GP-123 do I need to ope up the bottom of the cowl for air flow? The bottom has two large areas that are opened up shouldnt this be enough?

Also what is a good CG, ready the one from AJs website is not the best any recommendations here? Thanks
Fenderbean is offline Find More Posts by Fenderbean
Old 12-31-2020, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by KenSue
United States, MS, Gulfport
Joined Jan 2011
1,371 Posts
Fenderbean, I don’t run cans and don’t remember the CG. I know that’s not a lot of help. But if you’re on the book of faces get with JJ Hedrick or Dan Skuropacki. They’re both AJ pilots and super easy to talk to. JJ did some tweaking on mine this past Huckoween.
KenSue is offline Find More Posts by KenSue
Old 12-31-2020, 11:25 AM
Joined Nov 2010
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSue View Post
Fenderbean, I don’t run cans and don’t remember the CG. I know that’s not a lot of help. But if you’re on the book of faces get with JJ Hedrick or Dan Skuropacki. They’re both AJ pilots and super easy to talk to. JJ did some tweaking on mine this past Huckoween.
After getting into jets I kinda stopped with the gassers and hadn't built one in like 10 years. Dealing with crap asian jet companies with no real instructions or correct CGs for so long I have to admit I was a bit upset when I got this model with no manual and parts I cannot identify. No reason this day in time for that, thanks anyway.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by Animal Jesky
Squirrel please...
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Jan 2006
760 Posts
In todays day of age I think that electronics have taken over as far as Builds, setup, and CG's go. For instance, If we were to place a manual in the model which takes 100+ days from the time they are produced to landed here. If we found a better way of doing something and put it in the manual you'd be sorting through hundreds of boxes to repack them. It is much easier to use these forums and social media platforms to get the info out real time. Heck even something as easy as CG goes is so personal youd be better off to see what different people are doing. For me I run a more forward CG, Rudder servo on pull pull. It makes the models track a little better for my style, but if you look at the majority of folks flying my designs they have the rudder servos in the tail, CG further back to allow for more pitch authority down low. Everyone is correct because they have there own style of flying and it is what works best for them. I do understand being frustrated, but please remember we are all here to help.

Andrew
Animal Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Animal Jesky
Old 12-31-2020, 09:03 PM
Joined Nov 2010
633 Posts
The basic build and hardware of a model with the hardware provided has nothing to do with electronics and all models have a CG range. I don't understand your logic or thought process for a basic manual, a parts listing at least would give an idea what is spare parts and what is not. I'm not gonna make a big fuss about something like this but having to search forums and FB pages for basic information should not be required.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by keithg
u.k.
Joined Jan 2006
12 Posts
I would have thought that a person with enough experience to be flying a larger scale aircraft would be able to assemble a few parts in a logical manner. C of G is easy enough to calculate if you need to but as Andrew says is open to flying styles. With planes of this type c of g range is huge so not likely to cause any issues to a reasonable pilot.
keithg is offline Find More Posts by keithg
Old 01-01-2021, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by Capt Kurt
That's gonna leave a mark!
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2016
451 Posts
I've never had any issues with Aj's aircraft. All went together very well and fly fantastic!
Capt Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Capt Kurt
Old 01-01-2021, 11:57 AM
Joined Nov 2010
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithg View Post
I would have thought that a person with enough experience to be flying a larger scale aircraft would be able to assemble a few parts in a logical manner. C of G is easy enough to calculate if you need to but as Andrew says is open to flying styles. With planes of this type c of g range is huge so not likely to cause any issues to a reasonable pilot.
Oh here we go with the insults, I have assembled it but there are some extra parts in the kit that nobody seems to know what they are. I'm not saying its not a good kit just surprised there was nothing along the lines of basic manual or parts list to identify parts that should or should not be used.. Seems the new standard is figure it out yourself and hope for the best approach.

Kurt, again not saying it doesn't go together well and I'm sure it will fly fantastic, I never said that in fact the only thing I have found not good was the cowl being waay off on the pre-drilled two halves. Mine looks like it has an over bite on it.
I understand the CG envelope is wide, so whats the range? A review on the kit posted on the actual website says its "questionable" I just wanted a good starting CG that will not cause issues, if the one listed on the page is good then okay.
I was able to dig around asking on FB about one item that seems to not even be used with this kit others are still a mystery and guessing they are not need as well since I have come across any use for them.

I do build/reviews on everything I build to help folks because of this very thing so its nice to give good data so anyone looking to purchase the same thing possibly can get help. This was my first AJ, so now I know what to expect I want bother anyone.
Last edited by Fenderbean; 01-01-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Find More Posts by J.V.1944
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined Mar 2011
66 Posts
Hey Fenderbean, I don't have the ARS, but here is my 105 AJ Lazer. I opened up the bottom pretty good and also cut into the cowl to install louvers. I figured the more hot air coming out of the cowl the better. I really don't fly it that much, just prefer the 93" Lazer as it is much more easy to transport.
J.V.1944 is offline Find More Posts by J.V.1944

Quick Reply