Old 05-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Clark
Professional Maker
Ocoee, Florida
Joined Jun 2009
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
Thank you Kirby for running such an awesome event. I knew we would have a great turn out even though Joe Nall was two weeks ago. I believe it was around 40 pilots, which is not bad at all. Saturday the flight stations were full most of the day! This field is awesome to 3D at for sure! Only problem is when you go to a level field you just gotta remember you dont have a 20-30 foot drop on the other side! lol. Cant wait for this club to host another event there. Again thanks Kirby, Ryan, Chris, Jose and the whole Apopka club for hosting this event!
Ditto on all that. A little carnage, kickass flying and 12 planes-a-hucking at once.
Bill Clark is offline Find More Posts by Bill Clark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Find More Posts by Tom K.
Wakin' Weeds With Wingtips!
United States, FL, South Pasadena
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
I had a great time this weekend! Thanks to the RCACF crew for an awesome event. I'll see if I have any footage worth editing and posting. Saturday was too much fun to spend it under the camera!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by ckeene9
"That was Spectacular"
Oviedo, FL
Joined Oct 2008
343 Posts
Had fun this weekend, hoping I'm in town for next years. Now I'm sitting in seat 27A at 35,000' somewhere over Texas.
ckeene9 is offline Find More Posts by ckeene9
Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by N726AC
Seven.Four Liters
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
7,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Had fun this weekend, hoping I'm in town for next years. Now I'm sitting in seat 27A at 35,000' somewhere over Texas.

Uh-Oh, you did not turn off your portable electronic device!
N726AC is offline Find More Posts by N726AC
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Pictures in the picture thread.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by KnowCrashes
Sponsor of My Sons
Sea Level in the SunShine!
Joined Aug 2008
1,280 Posts
Ok guys, here's the details of the final tally. We raised just a tad over $1800.00 with food, entry fees, pilot raffle tickets and the major generosity of one of the sponsors.

I won't mention his name, because I'm not sure if he wants it to be known. He purchased a large dollar chunk of raffle tickets for the planes that were being raffled. When the time came to draw for the raffle, as our luck would have it, his name was pulled. Not once, but twice in a row!!!

This gentleman then immediately spoke up and said he wanted to donate the prizes BACK!! So an auction was held on the two planes he won. An approximate additional $400.00 was raised on this alone!!!! Thank you!

The money raised from this event was for a VERY worthy cause. A donation is being made with plaque to "The Wounded Warrior Project". We could't think of a better charity, especially considering it was a Memorial Day Weekend event. We give thanks to those who have served and are serving so we could be home to play with our toy airplanes.

The following comanies donated prizes. Everyone in attendance went home with something. Again, a big thank you to all who helped make this a success!!!

J & J Tailwheels
RTL Fasteners
Micro Fasteners
Jersey Modeler
McFueler
Aeroworks
Red Aero RC
Horizon Hobby
Hobico
Tru Turn
Troy Built Models
Smart-Fly
Higher Plane Productions
Fox Mfg.
Omni Models
Servo City
Eagle Tree Systems
B&E Graphix
Aerographix
Shulman Aviation
Balsa USA
Graves RC
WrongWay RC

On Saturday afternoon, we had an all up huck. We were trying to break the number set by our friends in Jacksonville at FX3D. I'm told they had 17 planes a huckin' all at once. We were able to confirm 12 a huckin' all at once.

Plenty of food was eaten, plenty of flyin' was done, and plenty of hangin' with our old and new friends was done along with plenty of beverage consumin'.

We look forward to seeing everyone again for the next round of Huckin' in Orlando!
KnowCrashes is offline Find More Posts by KnowCrashes
Last edited by KnowCrashes; 06-02-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by GonePostal
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2007
2,807 Posts
Great job and Thanks to all the sponsors &RCACF for putting on a great event.
GonePostal is offline Find More Posts by GonePostal
Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Clark
Professional Maker
Ocoee, Florida
Joined Jun 2009
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowCrashes View Post
Ok guys, here's the details of the final tally. We raised just a tad over $1800.00 with food, entry fees, pilot raffle tickets and the major generosity of one of the sponsors.

I won't mention his name, because I'm not sure if he wants it to be known. He purchased a large dollar chunk of raffle tickets for the planes that were being raffled. When the time came to draw for the raffle, as our luck would have it, his name was pulled. Not once, but twice in a row!!!

This gentleman then immediately spoke up and said he wanted to donate the prizes BACK!! So an auction was held on the two planes he won. An approximate additional $400.00 was raised on this alone!!!! Thank you!

The money raised from this event was for a VERY worthy cause. A donation is being made with plaque to "The Wounded Warrior Project". We could't think of a better charity, especially considering it was a Memorial Day Weekend event. We give thanks to those who have served and are serving so we could be home to play with our toy airplanes.

The following comanies donated prizes. Everyone in attendance went home with something. Again, a big thank you to all who helped make this a success!!!

J & J Tailwheels
RTL Fasteners
Micro Fasteners
Jersey Modeler
McFueler
Aeroworks
Red Aero RC
Horizon Hobby
Hobico
Tru Turn
Troy Built Models
Smart-Fly
Higher Plane Productions
Fox Mfg.
Omni Models
Servo City
Eagle Tree Systems
B&E Graphix
Aerographix
Shulman Aviation
Balsa USA
Graves RC
WrongWay RC

On Saturday afternoon, we had an all up huck. We were trying to break the number set by our friends in Jacksonville at FX3D. I'm told they had 17 planes a huckin' all at once. We were able to confirm 12 a huckin' all at once.

Plenty of food was eaten, plenty of flyin' was done, and plenty of hangin' with our old and new friends was done along with plenty of beverage consumin'.

We look forward to seeing everyone again for the next round of Huckin' in Orlando!
and here is some video I took of those 12 planes
2011 Orlando 12 planes hucking (8 min 20 sec)
Bill Clark is offline Find More Posts by Bill Clark
Old 06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by Randidly
Righteous 87
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Sep 2009
343 Posts
Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on such a great event,
I'll be back anytime there's an event run by these guys.

And thanks to all the sponsors, your companys were done proud.

Randy Mullins
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly

Quick Reply