logo
Old 05-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by MomoBrut
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
Yes sir, the same experience here. It is not a problem to make it real from technical point of view, it is a problem to use it in real life as I wrote before ...
If longer flight time is needed, it results in more additional weight and cost and even greater challenge to charge all batteries at the field. Normally one needs at least four 10 min starts to make some meaningful training ...
MomoBrut is offline Find More Posts by MomoBrut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
If you look a little smaller, the 95" 3DHS Extra can do 8+ mins for an electric IMAC sequence.
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 05-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by superleccy68
United Kingdom, England, Framlingham
Joined Jan 2018
93 Posts
Hi Jymz. Thanks for that. This looks like the set up I was considering using an EF airframe. Like you you 100c Turnigy Rotomax was on my list. However, I am looking at the Turnigy FatBoy V2 300A ESC Opto. EF airframes really are the business. I was interested to hear your observations on duration and the lipos used. The 12S setup is my favoured option.
superleccy68 is offline Find More Posts by superleccy68
Old 05-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by superleccy68
United Kingdom, England, Framlingham
Joined Jan 2018
93 Posts
Additionally, I don't normally charge batteries at the field. I just take the required number with me. I know it means buying more lipos but I don't need the fuss of charging at the field.
superleccy68 is offline Find More Posts by superleccy68
Old 05-05-2018, 12:57 AM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
I prefer the opposite.

I buy less batteries and charge while flying.
I hate being a slave to my battery charger at the house. Gone are my nights spent charging up for the next day... what a waste of time! I'll take the fuss of charging at the field over the extra time spent laboring over the charger while at the house.
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 05-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by Deckeriv
Luv Pattern
United States, TX, League City
Joined Apr 2016
48 Posts
Big electric is possible

Had a Hanger 9 40% Sukhoi that I didn't want to go with gas so I set it up with electric. Hacker A200-8, Jeti Opto Spin 300 esc, and four 7s Zippy compacts arranged with two in series and the two sets in parallel to get the voltage and capacity. 14s2p. Total weight of the plane with batteries was 38 pounds. Flight times were 8 minutes of sequence work, not 3D. To get 10 minutes I could add another set of batteries and the plane would still be only 42 pounds. Prop was a Menz 32x18 with unlimited vertical. Would easily place in IMAC competition. Sold the plane to a guy that converted it to gas and I still have the entire electric setup.
Deckeriv is offline Find More Posts by Deckeriv

Quick Reply