logo
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2019, 08:17 PM
dldeuce is offline
Find More Posts by dldeuce
Registered User
United States, TX, Sugar Land
Joined Aug 2013
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svan View Post
I agree 100% that the structure is light. Iíve havenít had any issues with mine but I recently built an 87Ē Pilot Challenger and itís structure is noticeably stronger and it is 1 1/2 lbs heavier with the same setup. I have no doubt the Pilot will outlast the Viking but with the extra weight it doesnít fly as well, particularly 3D. There is always a trade off and every airframe compromises something.
Light always flies better and the Viking pushes that to the limit.
Yeah, I was enjoying the hell out of that, then I ran out of gas, windy, low, way down the runway, stuck with straight ahead, cartwheeled into rough dirt, just bulldozed. I couldn't believe the damage! Sooner or later I'll rebuild again and enjoy the hell out of it again!
dldeuce is offline Find More Posts by dldeuce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Aeroplayin is offline
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
So, if anyone has experienced a problem with an EF plane, it must be either a lie, or it somehow doesn't matter? And all of the EF fanboi's should jump all over that pilot to try to discredit him?

And if anyone prefers another brand over EF, that makes them a whiner?
So you're saying that the B.S. in those pics matter? Come on.

And the problem isn't the guys that defend against trolls, it's the troll that sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments. So when the OP asks what planes we like and guys talk about how much they like their multiple EF planes, you can either talk about your favorite plane or take the low road and try to trash planes or opinions.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2019, 11:19 PM
RCAddiction is offline
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Registered User
RCAddiction's Avatar
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,093 Posts
Aeroplayin, if pilots had their plywood structure delaminating, they'd be all over the manufacturer for quality concerns. If one is choosing to buy a CF-laminated airframe because they believe that the CF reinforces the ply to make it stronger and then the CF delaminates, it's not really any different.

And again, you label someone who had an issue with an EF plane as a "troll that sows discord" because you have decided to discount his experience in a general 120cc airplane thread. You aren't wrong to be an EF fan if you've had nothing but great experiences with their product. However, he's not wrong, and he's not a troll just because he shared a bad experience. This is not an EF Factory Support thread. He's not jumping onto a thread that Chris is using to support his customers, complaining about EF products, or trying to sell everyone on his own product. That's a troll.

If I shared, in a "Best Bikes" thread, that I had some specific problem with my Suzuki bike, and as a result, I bought a Yamaha and had a great experience, and then also bought a Honda that I liked also, would that make me a Suzuki troll?
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 07:16 AM
Aeroplayin is offline
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by customjrod View Post
I'm looking to find the best 100 to 120cc airframe on the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DJP View Post
3DHS Edge 540.. Awesome all around airframe in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1_turbo View Post
EF Slick gets my vote for all around fun.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverleyFlyer View Post
I have the demonstraitor 106 inch 540 on its way love these planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshriver View Post
All the new 120 airframes fly similar and are great planes. For me, I’d pick the AJ Aircraft Slick, the Pilot Laser or the Extreme Flight Extra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Anything Extreme Flight for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat3D View Post
Same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DJP View Post
I flew my demonstrator a lot to but I sold it.. I shoulda kept it that was my favorite plane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAeroNut View Post
Well, I gotta vote for the EF 110 Yak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
EF Extra 300 V2 or the EF Laser
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity View Post
Skywing Laser or EF extra v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms5599 View Post
Scoring 1 to 10 with 10 being the best
3DHS Slick 104-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms5599 View Post
110 Yak, low and slow dog!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
I’ve had the 110 which I loved, and have the 104” Extra and 91” Laser...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
I love my EF 104 V1....not one single complaint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabad3 View Post
Extreme flight Extra 300 v2 104”. Definitely one of the best 3D flying planes out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms5599 View Post
There's no doubt that the new EF V2 extra is bitch!
Then you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
Picking up my new PAU Edge 540T tomorrow from Herve!!!
Then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DJP View Post
Extreme Flight new Extra... Edge... Slick..Laser
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverleyFlyer View Post
EF/3DHS 106 Edge Demonstrator scheme
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Extreme Flight 104 Laser
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
ive got dozens of flights on my EF Slick 580 and everyone has been a joy to fly
Then came this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKINMAC View Post
Anyone have any recent issues with Extreme Flight ARF’S? I just private messaged a gentleman on here selling an EF who stated they are experiencing separation of the Carbon fiber to wood due to a bad batch of bulk purchased glue.
Then Hinson said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Simply not true. Would you mind PMing me who told you that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande View Post
Haven't you heard?......it's the new "Normal" .......FAKE NEWS.......it's everywhere! ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
I have 3 EF planes with the CF, and none are doing that.
And we saw some pics of nothing that was any value to anyone who pushed their planes in 3D and XA and expects to spend time maintaining an ARF. Unless you build from kits, that bottle of CA is what that's for. Denying that ARFs need it is silly.

Then this post continue to troll by imply that EF has a QA/QC problem just because one guy said so and anyone who doesn't believe it is in denial since the pic are the evidence that all the posts above them are lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
Don't believe your lyin' eyes guys. EF airplanes can definitely not have a quality problem.
I think everyone here can decide for themselves what's going on here after all the posts from guys that mostly like their EF and 3DHS planes and never had an issue. In all fairness, you will see there were other brands mentioned but most of them build with the new composite too.

And when you see Herve, tell him that if this is what his clients are like, he can keep his product and I've changed my mind. And that sending PMs to guys perpetuating rumor is not appropriate or appreciated. I'm probably not the only one that got one. Maybe I was because I was the only showing interest in buying the new 300, but not anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
Nice. I just watched a few vid -- didn't know the plane existed. PAU is about 90 minutes down I-4 from me too. One of these days I'll have to take a field trip with some of the boys.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 08:13 AM
dldeuce is offline
Find More Posts by dldeuce
Registered User
United States, TX, Sugar Land
Joined Aug 2013
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
You can "take the low road and try to trash planes or opinions.
and people. Oh the irony.
dldeuce is offline Find More Posts by dldeuce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 08:27 AM
Festivus is offline
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
Festivus's Avatar
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,026 Posts
Wow this thread had taken a turn. I still like my PAU Viper and both Edge 540T. I want the new 330LX. I also want an AJ Laser and Slick. I also want a EF plane just currently I am not really wanting the scheme offered but that probably will not stop me. I hope that does not put me on the troll hate list.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 08:30 AM
Aeroplayin is offline
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
and people. Oh the irony.
Right back at ya.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Aeroplayin is offline
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Wow this thread had taken a turn. I still like my PAU Viper and both Edge 540T. I want the new 330LX. I also want an AJ Laser and Slick. I also want a EF plane just currently I am not really wanting the scheme offered but that probably will not stop me. I hope that does not put me on the troll hate list.
Once Hinson said it was not true, it became an issue between the one customer and EF. No one is discounting the one experience, except for the fact that it's ridiculous to think you can fly 3D or XA without needing CA maintenance.

But continuing to perpetuate one person's negative experience with composites into a broad quality issue is irresponsible to all the brands that now use composites. And saying that all the posts I quoted from all the guys that love their EF planes and never had that issue are lying about it is insulting to all of us.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 12:11 PM View Post
jln1320
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while jln1320 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:53 PM
Aeroplayin is offline
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
This thread was moving along fine until someone came by to post that EF planes had a quality issue. That's where it spilled off the tracks.

I never once said anything about my preference. I was only defending composite building material against one negative post after pages of people calmly posting about the planes they like.

And I don't own a 120cc EF plane, love the one I do have, and stepped in only because of post that implied clear evidence of quality issues. I don't have a 120cc EF plane and only posted here when I saw the new PAU.

Did you PM or email Chris when he said it was untrue? That's who you should be speaking to about the one EF plane that you have an issue with.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Last edited by Aeroplayin; 05-27-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 02:05 PM
sensei is offline
Find More Posts by sensei
Super Weight Freak
sensei's Avatar
San Antonio Texas
Joined Nov 2006
3,268 Posts
All I can say is, I own and fly 6 EF planes and I have never had any kid of issues with any of them.

Bob
sensei is offline Find More Posts by sensei
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 02:17 PM
airboss/oc is offline
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
airboss/oc's Avatar
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
This thread was moving along fine until someone came by to post that EF planes had a quality issue. That's where it spilled off the tracks. Anyone that is fair-minded would never let that go without some push back since no fewer than 15 people posted about how much they like their EF/3DHS planes.

I never once said anything about my preference. I was only defending composite building material against ONE negative post after pages of people calmly posting about the planes they like.



And you sound like a troll.



Your pics show nothing I wouldn't expect to see from any 3D/XA ARF after a season or so and none of the 20 guys here that own EF planes said anything about delam either. So while everyone is talking about planes they like, you decide to file a claim about EF quality.



When you start taking the conversation to a personal level and saying things like that about someone you don't know, you've lost the argument and your self control.



You still have no idea what 120cc plane I like the most, and I'll tell you right now it's not an EF plane. So you continue to pretend that you know something about me.



Could have fooled me, but then I'm a small minded person who is easy to fool, so that would explain it. But if that's how you DON'T bash a manufacture, I'd hate to see how you do.



You can make this as personal as you want and continue to attack me if you want, but I'm so happy you're done with this nonsense. I've dismissed anything you have to say once you made it personal.

And I don't own a 120cc EF plane, and love the one I do have, and stepped in only because of your post and the others that took what you said and turned it into what they called clear evidence of a quality issue. Not to mention that I was a also a liar for believing there wasn't when those pics were obviously the smoking gun of a wide and unspoken conspiracy being covered it up by blind fanboys and small minded fools like me. Again, I don't have a 120cc EF plane and only posted here when I saw the new PAU.

Did you PM or email Chris when he said it was untrue? That's who you should be speaking to about the one EF plane that you have an issue with even though you claim to have others and like the rest just fine.
all good but the OCD is out of control
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 02:19 PM
jln1320 is offline
Find More Posts by jln1320
Registered User
jln1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2015
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Wow this thread had taken a turn. I still like my PAU Viper and both Edge 540T. I want the new 330LX. I also want an AJ Laser and Slick. I also want a EF plane just currently I am not really wanting the scheme offered but that probably will not stop me. I hope that does not put me on the troll hate list.
I have to agree with you. I also have the PAU Viper as well, in fact just got back from flying it this morning. Really enjoy flying this plane , it's great for low and slow relaxing flights and yet it will do every maneuver you throw at it very well. It's a very forgiving airplane. I sealed the control surface gaps recently and wow! It made a huge improvement in roll rate and tail control, worth the tedious work. I don't have the PAU 540 but I have an old Pilot 540 that flies very well.
I have the AJ Laser 230, great flyer especially in IMAC maneuvers.
My last build was the PAU Extra 330LX. This is, in my opinion, the ultimate 100cc flying machine. You will love it when you get your thumbs on it!
jln1320 is offline Find More Posts by jln1320
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 03:29 PM
Aeroplayin is offline
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
all good but the OCD is out of control
I agree.

But as long as the personal attacks continue and the false narrative continues to be perpetuated by one or two people of the 118 posts here -- that there is some conspiratorial cover-up of some sweeping QA/QC issue by companies using composite ply -- then I'm going nowhere. No one should enable that behavior and it certainly won't be me.

Like I said, my favorite 35% is not EF but this thread should be about planes you like, and not keep circling back by a few to one person's issue that IMO is a non-issue for guys that fly 3D and XA ARFs. When they stop bringing it back up, I'll have no reason to post here since I don't really care what anyone thinks about my personal favorite. Eighteen guys already mentioned EF and 3DHS and none mentioned a composite issue, and many also mentioned other composite users, like Pilot, Skywing, and AJ-Aircraft.

So let's see more positive posts and the debate is over.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 03:29 PM
tcazes is offline
Find More Posts by tcazes
Registered User
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Sep 2018
72 Posts
my ef laser seperated at the vertical stab and had no glue on it. i was told i was flying it too hard. i switched to the pau 330lx and never looked back! i have never flown a more stable plane than my pau.
tcazes is offline Find More Posts by tcazes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools