logo
Old 01-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by spatown
Keep it Airborne
Hot Springs, Ark
Joined Jan 2006
50 Posts
Ohio R/C Models Ulitimate

Does anyone have any information on an Ohio R/C Models Ultimate approx 75-77in wings, or a website address? (not OMP)

Thanks Spatown
spatown is offline Find More Posts by spatown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by gforce
Southeast USA
Joined Jan 2006
751 Posts
Re: Ohio R/C Models Ulitimate

Not a very easy kit to build my freind,built both the 62 and 70+ in wing span versions and they will keep ya on your toes throughout the build procsess especially if you add the pinched wing tip version in for scale.Here are a couple of pics of one of mine that I had.

Dave
gforce is offline Find More Posts by gforce
Old 01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by gforce
Southeast USA
Joined Jan 2006
751 Posts

Man,Are those guy's even still in buisness,I think it use to be www.ohiorcmodels.com if I'm not mistakin or somthing like that.I'm a kit builder and thank God for Carden aircraft.
gforce is offline Find More Posts by gforce
Old 01-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by Lowkey3D
Gone fly'in
Joined Jan 2006
756 Posts

I believe your are looking for the ProCraft Plans, Ultimate. I believe its the Old Ohio Models Ultimate with some
modifications to the engine box. PrecisionCutKits cuts and sells the kit. There is a blurb on thier website in the
update section. If you want the plans ProCraft advertises in the AMA zine.
Lowkey3D is offline Find More Posts by Lowkey3D
Old 01-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by Supermod56
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Jan 2006
452 Posts

It's not a bad kit, but I would never build another one. And yes, they are out of business several years ago.

Tom
Supermod56 is offline Find More Posts by Supermod56
Old 01-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Find More Posts by Dennis C
Joined Jan 2006
1,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosigl
I believe your are looking for the ProCraft Plans, Ultimate. I believe its the Old Ohio Models Ultimate with some
modifications to the engine box. PrecisionCutKits cuts and sells the kit. There is a blurb on thier website in the
update section. If you want the plans ProCraft advertises in the AMA zine.
Yes they are in the AMA magazine As pro craft. haven't seen them in there for awhile now you might have to go back a few months.

Hopefully you keep your mag's Tony.
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old 01-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by Coke
Wales UK
Joined Jan 2006
134 Posts

I had one of the 62" ones about ten years back plenty of building if you like it abit dated and overweight by todays stanards mine was on a Zenoah 45
Coke is offline Find More Posts by Coke
Old 01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by spatown
Keep it Airborne
Hot Springs, Ark
Joined Jan 2006
50 Posts

Thanks everyone. I have a freind w/ one 70% complete (70 in+). I thought about doing a little swap for a new toy but wanted info. If anyone esle has comments or thoughts, keep'm coming. Tony
spatown is offline Find More Posts by spatown
Old 01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by Dr. Yankem
Park Ridge, NJ
Joined Jan 2006
275 Posts

I had one some years back and it was a bear to build. Essentially a box of wood and plans. Lots of shaping and sanding. Flew it on a 3W 70 twin. Don't remember the weight. If the stabs are not glued in yet put about 1-1 1/2 positive incidence in it otherwise it'll need down elevator for neutral flight. Flew well. It self destructed when the screws on the servo shafts unscrewed and the arms dropped off just before landing. Who knew that the screws on the metal gear servos needed to be locktited in. You live and you learn.
Dr. Yankem is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Yankem
Old 12-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by TheWarden
Joined Dec 2008
1 Posts

Sorry to hear that they are no longer around, but, I'm looking for their model of the Pepsi Chipmunk if anyone can help.
TheWarden is offline Find More Posts by TheWarden
Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Sep 2006
1,980 Posts

Ohio R/C was originated by Bob Ankney and was sold and do to reasons unknown to me they folded. Bob changed the plans and construction to more modern techniques ! and Changed the name to PROCRAFT MODELS He retired a couple years back and I was dealing with him to purchase Procraft models but in the end Larry Katona http://www.precisioncutkits.com/
Purchased the rights and to this day Bob is still desiging aircraft for them. These are now all Laser Cut Kits and just incase you guys didn't know Graphtech Carbon Fiber is Bob"s Son
http://www.graphtechrcshop.com/main.sc
So all the new modern kits are available with Graph Tech Carbon gear.
I have built probably 20 to 25 of his kits over the years and become good friends with Bob. Bob has just designed a 540 EDGE and 540T 50CC 88" Wingspan that are availlable now. And new on the chopping block is a Kit Quikbuild Series of 75 inch Extras that can be kit built in 30 hours NOTE these are kits not ARF'S
Coming Soon to Precision Cut Kits!
Quick Build Series
These are 75" Aerobatic aircrafts based on the designs of Robert Ankney. They will require a 1.2 - 1.6 four stroke engine, or equivalent. They are designed to be built within about 30 hours, and will come with an instruction manual and all of the wood necessary to build the airframe.
Kits that will be available:
Extra 260, Extra 300, Extra 300S, Extra 330L
Below is a pick of one of Ohio R/C Ultimates A scheme taken from a Giles 202 at the EAA Fly In in Arlington Washington .
Hopes this answers some questions of those wondering what ever happened to OHIO R/C

ULTIMATE1 is offline Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Last edited by ULTIMATE1; 09-10-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Find More Posts by tjklise
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Jun 2007
107 Posts

Brian,

The picture you have posted above of the 75" Ultimate Bipe is in fact my airplane.

Bob Ankeny built the big Ultimate Bipe for me after a buyer in Texas backed out of the build. We decided on his 'classic' covering scheme (which as evidenced by your photos - he loved).

The airplane required finishing in terms of rigging and I finally got it flying last summer. In a word it's awesome. I'm flying her with a DA 100 - with a 27-10 prop and a huge 5" Ultimate spinner it looks bad a$$ and flies and sounds even better. Properly balanced for 3D it carries a fairly neutral trim (built in the positive stab incidence.) It will rip the 27-10 prop in level flight and at full throttle it is a sight to behold. Aerobatics of all kinds are a breeze and with the right servos it is capable of any high alpha maneuvers you can throw at it. I'm running Hitec 5955's through out.

Bob did relocate from Ohio to live with his daughter in Texas, where he is back to designing away under the Procraft brand name. He has a good arrangement worked out with Precision Cut kits to produce laser cut kits and accessories of his most popular designs and those that he retaqined in the sale of Ohio RC. While the designs are perhaps not the most modern, when built correctly these are still amazing flying machines - in particular the big Ultimate. Bob Ankeny is a class act and a craftsmen extraordinare.

It's a kick to see my Ultimate in what were advertising photo's that you have posted. I'll see if I can't dig up a few recent photos and post these up.

Take care,
TJ
tjklise is offline Find More Posts by tjklise
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by 3Daz
Flyin' Around
Dorset, UK
Joined Jan 2006
12 Posts

This is my 27% Ohio models Ultimate. (Yes, I know the spots are naff, its now re-covered in a super fictional Red Bull scheme with a DL 50)
3Daz is offline Find More Posts by 3Daz
Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by johnsheri
Gettin' Lower!
Joined Jun 2008
96 Posts

i am looking for a fuse or kit for the ohio rc 75-77 inch kit. [email protected]
johnsheri is offline Find More Posts by johnsheri
Last edited by johnsheri; 09-12-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Find More Posts by tjklise
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Jun 2007
107 Posts

Probably best to contact Precision Cut kits and see if they can provide you with a fuse kit only (that may take a little negotiating with them...).

Good luck!
TJ
tjklise is offline Find More Posts by tjklise

Quick Reply